Daybreak are geniuses.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malpheroth, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Malpheroth Elder

it just occurred to me that daybreak is actually secretly geniuses. they've added a new layer of fantasy element to the game by forcing us to pretend that paladin and shadowknight aren't 10 times, 20 times better than every other class (not exaggerating) both justifying it by the fact that people are here to pretend anyway and that it provides players opportunity to exercise their ability to do so. you just have to pretend that 54 paladins couldn't do raid progression better than 70% of these raid guilds.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Huh?
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Malpheroth Elder

is this the part that's confusing you?
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

SK is the class truly favored by the Devs. SKs continue to grow in power despite repeated downgrades. Paladins are behind SK, but ahead of Warriors in group content.

But 10 to 20 times better than every other class? Nah. Not even close. Look to Necros if you want to find that level of class disparity.

And 54 Paladins could get through some raids, sure. Good luck with mezzing, charming, rooting, punting, snaring, fire bane, cold bane, or anti-melee events. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Malpheroth Elder

how many clerics do you think it would take to do the zlandicar group mission?
    ok that's kind of cheating... how many rogues? how many wizards?

which cov raids do you need charm/mez that can't be killed or offtanked? which cov raids have banes that are not optional? I say 20x better but I feel like you'd need more than 20 of most classes to be able to tank a single tier 2 named mob let alone group or raid content.
  6. Malpheroth Elder

one time I was doing a hunter achievement raid in skyshrine and the paladin was doing 710k sustain dps because he was pulling 6 mobs at a time but he quit playing probably because he beat the game
  7. FawnTemplar Augur

8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

710k DPS sustained is not that awesome. Just FYI.
    Fenthen and code-zero like this.
  9. Malpheroth Elder

sorry that was back in december I should have mentioned that
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

20x better?

1 - roll a pally
    2 - beat the game
    3 - find something else to do which doesn't p!$$ you off so much ;)
  11. Qimble Augur

Really weird to say pallies are OP on the expansion AFTER the one full of undead. If you think nothing but Pallies can output enough DPS and healing to beat all current content easier than a balance raid then you probably haven't played a pally or done any current raids.
    Maedhros likes this.
  12. Malpheroth Elder

See this is exactly why I don't play a paladin or shadowknight. Also the same reason I don't 6box.
  13. Malpheroth Elder

have you ever raided with any guild not top 15 on this list?
    https://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/expansion.php?exp_id=95
  14. Zynt Augur

If you put as much effort into your class and it's role in the game as you do trolling I can see why you're upset with the results. I miss decent trolls who went the extra mile to min/max their style. There is 1 capable troll left on these forums.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

No, more like I was wondering where you were going with it.
  16. Malpheroth Elder

This is a legitimate thread on a legitimate video game forum I have no idea what you're talking about.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did you bet RL cash on a duel with a Paladin?

Only way I can see the passion.
  18. Malpheroth Elder

sturmere are you stanesmere? both of you guys play/played on my server you can't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about

funny you mention that it seems pvp is the only thing a sk/paladin can't do
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have a character named Stanesmere on FV, but I haven't played him in quite some time.
  20. Malpheroth Elder

so you should know how sks and pallies have been putting the server on their back and carrying them for the past who knows how many years. they can single handedly tank, dps, and heal while dragging 5 other people who thought eok strength augs were best in slot for enchanters. no other class can do that. many of the pet classes can't even pet tank this trash with 2 healer mercs and not too long ago I watched 4 beastlords and a mage die before calling in a paladin to solo a named in skyshrine.

I'd like to include warriors in this list alongside the knights but let's be honest having your own 50% slow and ability to split pull pretty much anything that isn't nailed to the floor has given knights a pretty large advantage in soloing.