Fun with wizard then, but not anymore

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ezbro, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I see nothing wrong with giving them creative input, what the devs choose to do, is not up to me anyway. :p
  2. kizant Augur

You need to play with better druids.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

???

Wizards are behind druids....

play with better druids.....

Wizards are still behind druids.

Not sure where you were going with this
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. kizant Augur

It was implied that somehow catching up to Monks would be sufficient. Both are still behind Druids. If it's so bad to do less DPS than a Druid why not just say catch up to Druids?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Druids are priests. Wizards are a DPS class. Monks and Wizards should be ahead of druids.
  6. Ezbro Elder

Great tip! On the other hand, I am usually not volunteering to pull :p
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Hybrid priests. With DPS capabilities > Clerics.

Wizards need love. The class is way too one dimensional anymore and borderline. They used to be top of the parse, now.. not so much and not much else to do.

Also, Defiant wrists are all DoT foci. Add a DD Fire / Cold variety to push DD spell damage a bit, which has a MUCH higer resist rate than most DoTs and melee damage. Clerics and Enchanters get chromatics. Wizards get the bird.
  8. kizant Augur

Priest isn't a role. You can be a priest and a DPS class. The issue with Wizards is that they can perform no other role but DPS so you would think they would be good at it.
    FawnTemplar and Szilent like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fire is on arms, Cold is on gloves, Magic is on helm, they don't need to mess with which slots have those foci on.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

just saying to boost wiz dps it would be on option, plus looting wrists with totally uselss foci is lame. There could be something that operates like a faycite aug for specific DDs, cold / fire or generic. Just a thought to address wizards sucking anymore in a slot the does little to nothing for the class, while for other classes there's a net gain. Obviously, other classes HAVE other abilities and some classes get a whole other mod, like bard gear mods. Yes, arms and legs, but also should get something useful in wrists.
  11. menown Augur

Many classes don't get cold spells, but they still get the cold focus with defiant gloves. That is the same concept that wizards don't get poison/chromatic spells, but they still get the poison/chromatic focus on defiant wrists.

Please stop trolling and derailing this thread.
  12. Malpheroth Elder

That’s funny because the wizard kit already has this it just sucks so much you couldn’t tell. You can use the spellgem twin cast to drop an empowered nuke to ensure the killing blow that buffs you with a “killing spree” mechanic and reset the twin cast spell cool down with your claws to keep the buff up regularly. But wizard nukes are so bad sometimes the enchanter replication aura does more damage and you compete against pretty much all other classes since even paladins and shadowknights are popping stuff to steal the killing blow for their own kill buff.
    Jumbur likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Druids got two spells like this back in the 80s, but then they let the spell line die. Instead of mana, it gave a buff which increased your spell damage.

I'd love to see this spell line come back, but give it to wizzies. Makes more sense for them to have it.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=14479

Sorry, it was an increase to spell crit chance. And the spell was very efficient, decent DPS-wise at the time, but only worked on mobs under 35% health.

If implemented for wizzies, forget adding crit chance, everyone is close to 100% now anyway. Add damage or return mana, either way.
    Jumbur likes this.
  14. Malpheroth Elder

15. Bowdeen Elder

Sphere of Light=Useless. Wiz DS Spells=Useless. Wiz Bolt Spells = Again, useless. Elemental Shield=Useful, but minimal and nobody cares. Grav Flux=Spell sucked when it came out. Should have never been introduced. Atol's? Awesome, 4 limit kinda sucked, but also reminded you to not pull more than you can kill. Fire Mark was trash from the get go because the devs didnt, and still dont, listen to players enough. Summoned sword was good in velious/luclin, but sucks elsewhere. Dragon/Giant bane was designed on that era. How do you carry that on for other eras? How long did it take for giant/dragons to come back into existence? Not to mention, nobody does or uses the giant bane because rains are more effective. Disintegrate = Literally. You get rid of the mob. Literally, it gets rid of the corpse. Where's the hangup here? You think when you get rid of somethings body you should still get the loot?

Nothing you quoted was fun. It was useless when 3-4 other classes can cast BETTER versions of the spells before these were even released.

Go back to your corner, throw your dunce cap on, and think of your shame.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yeah, my idea was partially inspired by arcane overkill, although I could have sworn arcane overkill boosted crit-strength and not crit-chance? :confused:

In a normal-group situation I would have preferred a crit-chance increase to be honest.
    menown likes this.
  17. Ezbro Elder

Forum Clockwork says, "Creativity points = 0 , Trolling points = 1, Party pooper genes detected in abundance. Recommend delete accounts in both forum and game"
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would actually like it if wizards had better solo/molo options. I think the newest expansions are a bit on the difficult side.
    I don't mean nameds or soloing missions, just normal killing or tradeskill farming.

Maybe have root and snare work on more mobs, and not so many summoners...

I would actually like a version of netherstep that had a shorter cooldown and a shorter(and more consistent) range. That way, we could warp around when we are kiting. :)
    menown and Ezbro like this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Been asking for that for years
    Ezbro likes this.
  20. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

Bump for wizards