Weapon ornament database?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

does someone out there have a database of weapon ornaments? Something like searchable, by color, or ones that are marked weapons only so that it doesn't matter if they are 1/2 hand , pierce/slash/blunt..

yes I'm a bit picky and trying to find just the right look for myself recently has kinda been a PITA, I like matching ornaments, but when you have a 1hp, and a 1hs, you can't just get 2 that match and hope they both work, need the ones that are just marked generally for weapons and nonspecific.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I SOOO wish for this.
    Elyssanda, minimind and MasterMagnus like this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

I like matching ornaments as well for my weapons. Not sure if there are any other than guide event weapon ornaments that are "fit all weapon" types. For instance, I occasionally use two Holy Sword ornaments to look like I am dual wielding swords as a rogue.
    Elyssanda and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Sadly I don't think there are any more 'fit all' ornaments.

Two patches (or more) ago, all Player Studio weapon ornaments that had been all blunt, or all slash, have been changed to 2hb or 1hb only etc.. Without asking us, sigh, which we would prefer. I get it though, that would have been a hassle for them.

I believe it was in patch notes that the guide ornament spoon was changed to range only also.

I'm assuming but have not verified every non-player-made ornament with multiple uses has been changed to a single type as well.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Currently I am using a couple of LON Prize ornaments
    [IMG]

[IMG]

which are at least 1hand ornaments, no classification restriction on blunt/pierce/slash
    but I changed to this look today.
    I was using some different armor ornaments and obsidian scale weapons, but had to have a sword for 1hs and a dagger for my 1hp, when I wanted dual daggers.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thanks for that info. I have the Dead Tree Branch guide ornament, says 'any weapon', guess I'll have to log in and look at some point.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Thank you! That explains my confusion. I have a slashing ornament that I could have sworn was for either, but when I put it in a 2-hander it didn't display. Figured it was just 1-handed and I forgot, but now I know I'm not crazy.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Game Update Notes: January 20, 2021
    - Ornate Restless Shield and Bow ornamentations will now fit in the correct items.
    - Fixed many weapon ornaments that had incorrect restrictions or description text.
    - Changed the Silver Spoon Ornament to work on bows exclusively.

Not noted: The 'Special' section of the Player Studio marketplace has been removed. All the items there (which had various restrictions that were more loose than a single weapon type) have been made single weapon type only.

If you have a PS ornament inserted in a 'restricted' type, when you remove it, you won't be able to place it there again (or apparently it just doesn't show?).

now, I assume nothing but the above listed things were changed, unless otherwise proven.

Looks like LON prizes were not changed.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Right now I am using the Nightshade ornament, which is listed as "weapon only."

[IMG]
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I know it may sound silly to be worried about looks, but I've finally asked Lady IceSy to make my 6" figurine, and while I know she can't make it exactly like EQ she is trying to get as close as possible. So I wanted a look I really liked. ( I am getting blue hair finally that I have ALWAYS wanted on Ely)
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Oh? Do tell about this figurine thing....
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ok, went through my bank for ones that are weapons only or 1h weapons only..
    [IMG]

a couple of them are from player's studio
    [IMG]

and of course epics get in here too.
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is what I get for coming back in February, and missing important patch notes from January. :D
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

check inbox.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

OK I was mistaken.

This is just pertaining to Player Studio weapon ornaments:
    -It appears the ornaments that used to be 'less restrictive' still are. If you have a previously bought ornament that is 'Blunt Only' for example, it should still work 1hb or 2hb.

-The 'Special Section' of Marketplace was removed, and any ornaments that were there were moved to single item 'categories' (seemingly at random).
    --Each of those categories (like 1hb for example) show any ornament when you click on it as Category: 1hb (in this example).
    --But if you click into 'Inspect' to see the actual item as it would appear from inventory, it shows that this item is Blunt Only (meaning 1h or 2h).

So nothing was actually changed on the Player Studio items themselves, from the small amount I checked. But the display in the marketplace was changed, and made harder to search for what you want, IMO.

-EDIT-
    Oh and, Dead Tree Branch seems to still work (weapon only).
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Here's some more GM ornaments that work with any weapon type:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

All of the Guide Event Ornaments and the last few LoN sets are set to any weapon. The latest batch of Ornaments that were added to the Overseer Vendor and the DBC Store are restricted only to 1hder or 2hder, so the 1hder one's would work in that case since they can go in slash or pierce. I'm guessing the new ornaments that are being added to the Anniversary Merchant will have the same 1hder or 2hder restrictions with no restriction on type.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Does anyone have a website we can submit ornament links and images to? :)

This whole idea of an ornament database has me giddy. :eek:
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I mean.. Allah's has a bunch. Some of the images are tied to previous ornamentation containers (I think?) but you can upload images to each ornament without needing to host the image elsewhere.

Type 20 Primary Slot Augmentations
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yes, but it's not an easily searchable weapon ornament database, I mean if you put ornament into the search engine , it comes up with an incomplete list, AND it's not searchable by color. If you try the advanced item search https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/adv_search.html
    you get [IMG]

Which you can't even CHOSE ornaments on.
    Allah doesn't work for this