Will the new TLPs include a "green" style server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Akido New Member

Truebox enforced Free trade server. I would stay on that one forever. Better economy cause so much gear being traded.
  2. Nolrog Augur

All of those are emphatic no's from me.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

In my opinion this is the real reason we won't see a free trade tlp, eats into next years TLP (and the years after that)
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

P99 players are mostly haters and greedy and wont pay for EQ because someone stole there PGT camp 20 years ago in Live EQ. Irony is P99 has the most toxic EQ population on earth with more camp stealers and griefers then TLP's now. I also firmly believe a certain percentage of p99 players are banned players from Live EQ for cheating / griefing.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

No, it was a voice chat conversation for the most part.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Lame.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Is that opinion based on the premise of only one TLP being available or on the basis that two will be available with one of them being a standard TLP?

What TLP ruleset would you like to see, excluding the PVP, Free Trade, Era-Locked, Boxing-server suggestions that have close to zero or no chance of happening this time around?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dev team already said Free-Trade TLP won't happen, Play on FV or forget about it.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Zinth Augur

Al'Kabor was popular because they had no other choice on Macs
    Gherig and Skuz like this.
  10. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Its odd that the obvious has to be pointed out and people don't get it right off lol. This Coffee Shop is very popular ... its also the only Coffee Shop in the World.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  11. Machen New Member

It also wasn't really ever that popular, just a very loyal fanbase. What were there, a few hundred players at peak?
    code-zero, Skuz and Zinth like this.
  12. Montag Augur

Getting hung up on Alkabor kinda misses the point. A green server that merges into agnarr would be a perpetual money printer and it’s baffling anyone would argue against that after years and years of watching TLPs lose most of their population after PoP.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you want P99 Green go play on P99 Green.

Fact is the code in use on live is almost completely unrecognisable to the original code, and remember it's not just the code on your machine, it's the code on the game servers too.

Some remnants of the old code remain & are likely to slowly be changed, updated or removed with continued development anyway so trying to make the live game's code "emulate" the old environment is largely not possible, the company would have to reverse engineer a much older client in pretty much the same way that the P99 developers have already done and then rebuild a completely new back end to support it - a vast amount of work that is largely pointless for one server, even a seasonal server.
    And the team are not interested in supporting multiple code bases to begin with.

TL;DR - it ain't going to happen.
  14. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

classic wow is a terrible game, so this is irrelevant
  15. Montag Augur

What are you even talking about? Did you reply to the wrong post? Every TLP already has all the needed code, a green server just means that when it reaches a certain point all the toons are transferred to Agnarr and the server wipes and restarts at classic.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Perhaps you should have made that more clear in your OP, referencing Alkabor and P99 gives people the impression you want a "true classic" server w/o the current TLP QoL improvements.
    Lejaun likes this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

Good point. Using a term that really doesn't have a set definition, while referencing P99, isn't the best way to describe clearly for people what your intentions of the definition are.
  18. Zapsos Augur

Aren't all TLP's "Green" in that they go through the content as it was released and then recycle in to a live server?
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When people say a "green" or "green style" the only thing that bears any EQ resemblance to that term is the P99 green server, which is an attempt by the P99 developers to recreate the EverQuest Development that took place in the months & years after EverQuest was first launched, even as far as each patch being as close to the original patches as they can get.

So if you don't mean that, don't reference it.

The term most forum users would use for what you just described is a Classic-PoP Recycling server or Seasonal server.
  20. Montag Augur

Sorry a couple of you didn’t know that green means “chars merged to main server and restarts” cause that’s what it means. If someone meant a perfect era reproduction they wouldn’t say green, since all the p99s are that and green is distinct from the other p99s in only the ways I mentioned.