Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. TLP Addict Augur

You're talking about the same people that will happily queue up for hours to buy the latest electronic gadget that was made in a foreign factory that has to install nets to prevent their workers from jumping to their deaths out of despair.

Good luck getting them to care about where their cheap haste and clarity pots are coming from.
  2. a_librarian Augur

Look for the seller with 20 lutes of the howler if you want to know who is controlling the Velks lower dogs bots. This is also the seller that sold the same high value Chardok drops around the clock for the entirety of Kunark and Velious. From what I heard they still had multiple groups at Chardok kennels into Luclin but now seem like they've moved to lower dogs for whatever reason. I avoided buying from this person because it was just that obvious they were selling for a bot team

Anybody's guess if this bot team is run by the same person as the Siren's Grotto bot team. You can't really stop buying from somebody botting raw plat to trade for krono. The only thing that's going to affect that bot team is Darkpaw, and they've shown they don't have the will to stop mass botting even on the most restrictive truebox server ever.
  3. TheTone Elder

Yea - there's definitely rule-breaking galore at the top end. I've heard some sketchy discord guild chat in about every raiding guild I've been in since Ragefire with regards to the ole eye in the sky.
  4. TheTone Elder

They're still in Kennels - I saw 3 picks of Chardok the other day, hopped into all 3 and did a "/ooc CC please" and got the same automated response in all 3 picks that Kennels was camped. So I ventured down to 2 of them and sure enough, the same group compositions, same races, same exact spot, and roughly the same naming styles.
  5. yerm Augur

There are tons of krono farmers on aradune because there are tons of krono spenders on aradune. There's no ifs ands or buts around this. They are farming that server because that server is throwing krono at them, which they can sell for real money via third party sites. Rizlona has some but it's not even comparable and the bulk is dz raid loot, not raw plat. It's especially telling because rizlona isn't as empty vs aradune to the extent mangler vs selo was (and it was true there too, mangler had almost all the farmers) and rizlona also has a wide open door to all the methods being legal, and they STILL go to aradune instead.

I'm sure I'll keep saying this on every set of tlps. If you are willing to spend krono for goods or services, rmters will come to you. If you want a server without rmters, you need a server where people aren't willing to pay real money for in game advancement. There's no alternative.
  6. Rhythar Augur

That's a sensible explanation for all the mass multiboxers, but why are the GMs letting so many people overbox? There's three 50+ boxers online right now that the GMs have been aware of for a long time. One of them has even started showing up in the Nexus.
  7. Stix Man Elder

It would be understandable if these boxers were hiding but they are not. They guild their toons so that alone is easy enough to figure out who is who. Anyone that plays on Aradune, knows all the real guilds. So, when randombotguild has 70 lvl 60s online 24/7 except the day or 2 after patches... it makes you wonder. Or when 1 guild just flat out never leaves sirens grotto.

How are they getting away with convincing GMs that their guild sits 35-70 people in sirens grotto for 7 days straight? How is that even a reasonable thing. Like, it makes no sense. They aren't even trying to hide. One boxer never leaves Sirens grotto. One boxer auctions loot rights in public channels every single weekend.

All of them have PoK achievements. Every. Single. One. Of. Their. Toons. Has. Plane. Of. Knowledge. Achievements.

It makes you wonder how the GMs are "unable" to come to the conclusion that 1+1+1 = 3.
  8. yerm Augur

We go on a merry-go-round discussion around here of the GMs don't ban the rmt farmers and don't stop the truebox violators, to the GMs don't screw up their afk checks and everyone banned was guilty.

On past servers, the SG farmers were some kind of sweatshop like enterprise. It's fully possible that there are, literally, yes literally, dozens of human beings and dozens of unique computers behind those toons. Now I'd wager only 1-2 people are in control at a time but the accounts have enough unique names to go around and if push came to shove could possibly prove it. You also have accounts get replaced when suspended; many times these dudes will have 2 toons half leveled for every 1 in sg. You also obviously have the whole suspensions are not permanent thing.
  9. Karthos Augur

The only real solution is to make all loot drops no drop AND locked to the group that killed it. Would a server like that be successful?
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yeah this just simply isn't true, Phinny had very little botting for it's first year and it probably had more Krono flying around then any TLP. Plenty of other games and private server manage to eliminate botting. The problem is the same is as it always has been with EQ the lack of meaningful enforcement.

I've seen the videos on youtube. It's Macaroni quest with Kiss assist warping and everything. These accounts should be getting perma banned instantly even if this wasn't a Truebox server.
    Bobbybick and KrakenReality like this.
  11. spastikmovement New Member

i agree the multiboxing on aradune is out of control.
  12. yerm Augur

Phinny had professional rmters. Tons and tons of them. They didn't mass box and automate as much because truebox was brand new and the workarounds took time. You also had a good deal of people in top guilds also rmting on the side there. I was constantly bumping into guildmates in places like hs and chardok, and their farmed loot wasn't staying on their toon(s).

There's also the investment element. Fippy didnt have krono but still managed way more rmt than combine. Many items like wdc you would try to buy and couldn't pay in plat - usd only. Unsurprisingly, fippy had a ton of buyers. I got multiple daily offers for my bcg there. These buyer types went to mangler andor aradune. Selo and riz got some but nowhere close to as many / as high of a percentage.

If you think rmt operations are grounded in anything other than economic reasons you are deluding yourself.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Thing is i really don't care about rmters if they don't effect my gameplay. What i care about is if they're "stealing" camps/raid mobs with 3rd party software or they're botting enough that it effects the servers economy. If they aren't doing those 2 things i couldn't care less. Phinny had neither of these things for it's first year and Aradune has done a good job of eliminating the first one, but the lack off enforcement on the second is still disappointing.

Phinny really didn't have that many people doing professional RMT in a way that effected others gameplay. I was online like 6-8 hours a day boxing Chanter+Cleric i spent a ton of time in Sol B and Chardok. Efreeti was just straight up open most days in 2 picks during early morning hours, AM/Frenzy didn't have RMTers just sitting at them 24/7 in classic, I killed Chardok King something like 400 times and i saw one person who was a "professional RMTer" the first time i went down there and then never again.

If i'm deluding myself why didn't Phinny have SG botters? Keep in mind if you say "they hadn't figured out how to get around truebox" You're admitting i'm right and that enforcement has an effect on how much RMT takes place.
  14. Hythos Augur

When I was still playing on Aradune, I kept lists (I still have them) of the bots, and had reported many with video & screenshots. Very few would not be seen again, but that really only occurred in the first couple weeks.

I highly expect the reasons we see fully automated bots proliferate like they do...
    Because these are run by DBG/DPG.

The level of sophistication & automation could possibly be done by an outsider, though I would have money on it being an inside function not just supported by, but for the purposes of generating competion and a need to farm...

What do they have to benefit?
    Increased server population
    Increased competion for desired materiel
    Constant demand for Krono to drive prices
    Higher Krono prices means players need to compete more aggressively desired resources, etc
    Competition and the carrot-on-a-stick will keep EQ going for the next year.

I once felt very strongly towards EQ, and I'm sadened at what it's become; I'm just happy to have found SWG servers!

We know there are farmers from "that other country", but there has yet to be any indication they're not supported by or are working with DBG/DPG.
  15. Hythos Augur

^ there has yet to be any indication they're not supported by or are not working with DBG/DPG (wouldn't let me edit it).
  16. brickz Augur

It's just macro q**** lol. Maybe there's some tacit agreement with darkpaw not to ban them because they fuel krono sales. But the people running the characters aren't doing anything that someone who knows how to compile a version of macaroni that works on TLPs (it's open source) couldn't do themselves
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

Yeah, before any new TLP are on the table, I'd really like to see measures in place to deal with the issues of these current TLPs. Otherwise, the new TLPs will have the same folks just flock to them and begin the cycle all over again.

1 - There is a bot problem and there are a lot of people in the TLP community that fuel them.

Group wise
    - We all know where they farm in era. We can't GMs just sweep these zones of the riffraff?

Raid wise
    - Here is the prime money maker and yet another problem that needs to be addressed from both buyer and seller side.

I've seen individuals rack up large amounts of krono (primarily from epic MQs) and buy raid gear from bots for that krono. And, it only takes a handful of try hard people to keep these botters in business. You have hot ticket items that drop and they're auctioned between 30-50+ krono each. A single Vulak kill could yield 100+ krono a week ($1100+ USD) in era for these botters and that's not factoring in the other DZ kills.
  18. Machen New Member

This is an absurd proposition. Even IF Dpg wanted to do all of the above, they could do it without having bot armies farming SG non stop in a way that is blatant and obvious to their player base and a constant source of complaint.

If they decided they wanted more plat on the server to raise krono prices, they could just create plat. No need to farm it. No need to keep three SG picks open 24/7.
    jeskola likes this.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

I know they're reading these threads, but maybe we all need to create 10 threads a day like the folks asking for a new TLP announcement. :)
  20. jeskola pheerie

Tell me, which one is most comfortable? [IMG]