T3 hype

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Jennre Band Leader

Beta Rewards are the compensation. People barter for stuff all of the time IRL, goods for services, etc.

I wonder how the employees @ DBG/DPG feel about someone making enough to mortgage a home and retire early by making real cash from someone else's IP.
  2. kizant Augur

Are you being compensated for spending all this valuable time on the forums? You are here trying to make things better for everyone, right? It's not any different. Some people just prefer to help in constructive ways.
    ArtremasEQ, RPoo, FawnTemplar and 7 others like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, why? That's a pretty visceral reaction. I don't RMT and I don't agree with those who do, but what about it offends you so much? Nobody is twisting the arms of those people buying from the RMTers.
  4. Jennre Band Leader

I don't care much either, but when someone throws it into an argument along with "the poor tech industry workers are losin their jerbz", it's hypocritical.
    Accipiter likes this.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

It’s not relevant to the topic, but it wasn’t a home it’s a 4-unit multi family property. OPM is there might as well use it.

Edit: If you really want to know about it, I'll be more than happy to share my real estate stories. There's nothing us real estate investors love more than to share our stories.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said there wasn't accomplishment for master the raids on beta and beating them on live afterwards. The issue is that when more guilds are able to see and master the events on beta more of them are going to be able to clear the events as they unlock on live.

With the recent two expansions the ranking order seems to be impacted by how early a guild can login to attempt the raids how quickly that they can move from event to event. That isn't to say that those guilds are not the top guilds in EQ though.

In the end trying to make even a single raid challenging for the most elite guilds doesn't do any good as that just limits the amount of content to other guilds when content is already limited. If they did this you will have some players decide that there isn't enough content to justify purchasing the expansion and playing which could eventually hurt all of EQ.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Beta rewards.. yeah.. mine still sit in claim because 1 they are all ugly as sin or useless as a teat on a bull.
    Pano, Jennre and Duder like this.
  8. Bahdah Augur

Gina boob
    Astral64 likes this.
  9. Bahdah Augur

Who's on that New Girl binge watch though?
    Verily Tjark and Astral64 like this.
  10. Pano Augur

Then you seem to be unable to understand the words you read.

But I get your point, you want the game to cater to someone like you, like we all do. The difference is you go for the lowest common denominator while Tolzol is trying to find a balanced solution that would temporarily affect raids.
  11. Tolzol Augur

I wouldn’t waste your time tryin to help him understand. Reading is hard and I’m still trying to figure out where i repeatedly said i want an exclusive playground.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

Meh, I beat Mearatas in two separate guilds one during TBL and the other in ToV. I don’t think it’s wise to cater to quite literally 1% of players. It really doesn’t make sense to compromise with a subset the size of the EQ PVP demographic.

Separate question, how many times did ROI clear Mearatas?
  13. Tucoh Augur

As a non-raider I think it's important that there is a real endgame. Not even for us plebs to aspire to but for there to be something the game has that gives a reason for all the grinding you can do.

With no difficult raid or group content in an EQ expansion there is no real benefit for staying subbed all year to prep for the next expansion release.
    Sancus, Duder, Jennre and 1 other person like this.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

I don’t disagree with you, it just needs to be applied to the small group portion of the game. It’ll see more usage.

If, we’re talking about raids then where do you tune it and what are the stress points? We’re also talking people with 22 years of raid experience and the junior members with over 10 years of experience. ROI isn’t going to be challenged by anything tuned for guilds 5-10. Their crew is just too good, too smart, and too experienced. They’ll beat it once or twice then be bored. Those months that effectively block the rest of the guilds are pain points that you don’t want them to experience.

If, they want a real challenge go attempt some of these joint pickup raids. First month of ToV, I witnessed a raid of like 36 between 110-115 wipe in Temple of Droga. It was incredible. Everyone, was just doing whatever they wanted and not following any directions.

There is challenge out there, you just got to leave your Hall of Fame caliber team.

Side note: I miss your 6 box updates. Felt like you developed a little community of boxers for us to share our setups and character lineups.
  15. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Carrying casual raids isn't even remotely the same level of gratification and accomplishment as conquering a difficult event with your friends. Forcing handicaps doesn't make anything more fun, or rewarding, or interesting. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable in it's own sense, but nothing. Absolutely nothing, comes close to the jubilation one shares with their guildmates when you beat something that took genuine effort. And nothing comes close to the dejection and disappointment of getting yourselves all hyped up to find Talendor at the end of the rainbow.

-Signed a guy who raids in 5 open/lower tier raid teams
    ArtremasEQ, Cadira, Raccoo and 4 others like this.
  16. Jennre Band Leader

We run pickup raids every Tuesday for alts, people from general chat, other guilds, and anyone that isn't using cheat software. I have seen the pain, though our pickup raids run pretty damn smooth thanks to Astral.

Remember also TEN GUILDS beat Mearatas in-era. I am not sure how many raiding guilds were trying it then. Since raids are tuned to raiders, why not beef them up and gradually nerf them? One of the reason I liked EQ so much when it launched is that there were things that could not be beat by your little group. I remember seeing Vox on some of the earliest Permafrost runs, running in and got pasted.

On Sol Ro, Evldor got the very first Nagafen kill. It died by damage shield after almost everyone else was dead. In era, these raids were hard, and only the very best guilds could take them down. It gave lots of guilds something to strive toward. We just don't get that feeling anymore.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Assuming everything was entered correctly, which it isn't always, I show 20 times from 6/9/19 to 11/3/19, at which point we only went back two more times for achievements for some people that came back/apped in January while waiting for ToV raids to open.

3 times in June (beat it, took 2 weeks off from raiding, then 2 more times)
    3 times in July (looks like skipped one week, maybe we wiped and gave up late or something)
    4 times in August (every week)
    5 times in September (every week)
    4 times in October (every week)
    1 time in November, at which point I assume beta was opening or about to, holidays and launch and stuff.

So pretty regularly while we cared. *shrug*
    KrakenReality likes this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Your numbers are spurious. They make raid content. Its irrelevant if raiders were 0.01% when it comes to balancing said raids. The only thing that matters is the % of raiders that would prefer 1 or more challenging raids out of the ones developed.
  19. KrakenReality Augur

I can sympathize with that point, but you have to be real. Your crew got too good, and the rest of EQ can't keep up with you. It doesn't make sense to tune something, even temporarily, towards 1-2% of the population.
  20. FawnTemplar Augur

You really have low expectations of the raiding community if this is what you actually think. Why exactly can't anyone do what RoI does? We don't get special RoI AAs and gear when we join RoI. We don't use abilities that aren't available to everyone else in the game.

This is where I think the RoI veneration that happens gets a little out of whack. Is RoI very good? Yes. Have we won "the race" for a significant amount of time now? Yes. Are we perfect? No. Are we unbeatable? No. I mean if you were paying attention SR almost kicked our trash on T2, they were a full 17 minutes ahead of us then made little mistakes on Aary which caused them to wipe. SR is a serious force to be reckoned with and that is a good thing.

When people ask for one hard raid, and to be clear they are asking for it to be the last raid in the expansion so it wouldn't keep anyone out of significant amounts of content, they aren't asking for it to be so hard only guilds 1-3 can beat it and then leave it that way as a monument to our e-peens. Let the whole community be challenged. Then after a while if it proves to be a significant challenge to the raiding community at large, bring it down a notch. That is not the same thing as asking for "an exclusive playground."

Last thing to think about, how does anyone get better without a challenge? We all want to keep progressing and getting better at our skills and that includes the people in the top three to five guilds.
    RPoo, Cailen, Elyssanda and 1 other person like this.