Producer's Letter: Anniversary and Overseer!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Bronk Elder

How did the game change after Velious that would make a difference? Just wondering from a design perspective.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Traders are meanless, and always have been, as a way to measure population.
    General chat is an even worse way to measure populations. First, a majority of the players turned off General chat channels the instant it was created, and many others simply log into it only when absolutely needed. Second, there is a cap of 400 people being in a single chat channel, when that cap is reached autojoin attempts to put you into General1, then General2 and so on, this screws up the placement of the rest of your autojoin channels.

There will be considerable overcrowding if you merge anything other than the low population servers I mentioned.

FV complains regularly about overcrowding. There are several guilds there who have said if they could move enmasse to Brekt they would.

Mangler is not near the point where overcrowding will actually start to be an issue. Also, by the time that it does reach that point, the population for it will have dropped to the low level of the other TLP servers.
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

This. Doing anything in the open world is infinitely more enjoyable on Xegony than on FV (although, the ruleset differences contribute as well). Not to mention the lag, which is somehow even worse than on Xegony.
    Kuvani, yepmetoo, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I will echo some of the past questions.

Are we required to redeem the Heroic Character within the promotional period between March 16 and May 10 or can we keep it in perpetuity?

Also, will deleting the Heroic Character re-grant the HC claim?
  5. Grove Augur

Precisely! Well stated!
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Any word on enabling Free to Play on TLPs once they reach the Rain of Fear expansion (roughly when it released in the live timeline)?

Also any word on disabling the Truebox code on existing TLP servers once they reach later expansions at which point boxing was extremely commonplace. For example when the Seeds of Destruction expansion launches and every player has access to a pocket mercenary? Many people would prefer to pay for a boxed account rather than rely on a mercenary in SoD or be required to buy an additional PC and find desk space in an era where most PuGs are non existent on TLPs rendering the purpose of the Truebox code irrelevant.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

Just an educated guess but I'm thinking that it'll be no for any TLP going f2p before they catch up with live and also a no for them removing True Box code before any of them catch up with live either. It remains to be seen as to whether or not TB code stays after they've reached live status
  8. Magic Augur

+1

9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any info on what is happening this year?

5 days to go!
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree, I would also add I feel like a Producer's letter is due given all the problems the game has had over the past 12 months.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Veronious New Member

Perhaps just a new producer in general, somebody who actually communicates with the community that spends countless hours on their game each year.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We have Dreamweaver, so we do get some communication, the team is actually too small and too busy to spend as much time as they would like to engaging with the players.
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is another producer's letter coming :). Also the devs communicate on the forums on a regular basis.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They just don't tell us what we want to hear. :p
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Lol well that is definitely possible, but that's not a lack of communication. ;)
  16. Metanis Bad Company

Seriously, close your eyes, sit back, imagine you're just a regular player with no inside access. Now open your eyes and click on the link that shows all the Dev posts. Pay particular attention to the timestamps on those posts. Now exclude all Dreamweaver's posts which are mostly announcements for stuff we can obtain in the calendar. Now add up the "real" posts from devs (not snark and bs) and then consider how the few and far between posts of most devs fits into your statement, "regular basis".

Finally, consider that the devs don't make or transmit policy.

Jesus communicates more regularly than you people do.
  17. Febb Augur

I would rather have devs working on the game instead of them constantly feeling like they should be answering people's questions on the forums. Dreamweaver should be handling this and has been. Maybe we can start a thread of questions we would like to see answered and then we can like posts we would all like to see be answered in that thread. The top 10 liked posts in the thread recieve an answer.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Kinda like this one last year?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/discord-ama-question-thread.264308/

I realize there are a few ways to impart info - these fourms, facebook, twitter, discord and other sites. And everyone has their favorite way of checking for updates. But for the most part its the same old questions.

But I do appreciate those players who are on discord or twitter who come here and up date us on critical issues.

Very few new players have any desire or want to come to these forums or discord to find out info
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This is said so many time but its not accurate at all. The Team is much larger then it seems most people realize. The last photo had more then 47 people in it, and since that photo Daybreak has gone on a hiring spree adding at least half a dozen or more people.

50+ is as big as or larger them most DEV Teams for games today outside the anomaly that is Blizzard. Its not a small team at all.
    Gyurika Godofwar and CatsPaws like this.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

Discord and Twitter are garbage. Nobody should have to go to sites like those to get information on a product for which they are paying hundreds of dollars a year.

I started a Discord account. I joined the Daybreak channels. But trying to sift information from those threads are like the SETI people trying to detect intelligence from the radio static of the constellations. It's 99.999% noise.

In the end they don't really want us knowing anything because then we'd realize most Devs aren't even working on EQ projects.
    MasterMagnus likes this.