Brew Day ????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mudie, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Mudie New Member

https://fb.watch/49XbPy3bsl/

Facebook is making a big things about Brewday in EQ, I don't see any quests for Brewday under event achievements. Am I missing something? Has EQ ever done anything for Brewday before, other than 2 hats?

I would have thought EQs 22nd anniversary was more important than Brewday which happens the day prior to brewday. o_O
  2. Derd Augur

A video of drinking is making a big deal ? Proof again eq players will complain about anything :)
    Coagagin and Jennre like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Was surprised to see this on my feed this morning. I don't think they have ever done anything for Brewday apart from hats, don't really expect them to to be honest as it is to close to the anniversary.

Would have expected anniversary advert instead of this. But hey ho, maybe next week.

5 days!
    Herf likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is not "making a big deal" of something - in fact if you had not posted I can guarantee a hug number of the players would never have seen that video.

"Sigh" - so here we go. Brew Day is EQ's version of St Patricks day. Hence the drinking as its the biggest drinking holiday in the world.

The hats are all shamrock themed which again points to St Patricks day but is also a take off of the 50's when people got drunk and would wear lampshades.

But it is ahead of the other anniversary stuff at least in EQ II. . March 5-18th there. And we all know EQ II is the primary focus for the bosses.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I got my "the Beerserker" from a Brewday guide event a few years back...
    Skuz and niente like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We see a guide once every blue moon on AB, so not holding out much to see one this month.
    Herf likes this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

/calendar is your friend.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Doesn't tell you if there is any new stuff though.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I must admit I was confused when I saw their Facebook post. I checked again and the last time I looked the EverQuest /calendar said Brew Day will begin March 17 and end March 30. And it is March 11, not March 17 now.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

"Non-Anniversary Anniversary" Events

These are not technically anniversary-related, but these tend to get lumped in with the others because of their timing.

Brew Day (St. Patrick's Day)

- Global mob drops: Shamrock hat ornaments (bowler hat & top hat)

Bristlebane Day (April Fool's Day)

- Solo Task: Let's Have Some Fun
    --- Starting NPC: Bobo Gleemaker in the Plane of Knowledge (next to a tree near the Plane of Tranquility stone)
    --- Reward: Squirting Flower

- Group Mission: This Ain't Right
    --- Starting NPC: Bobo Gleemaker in the Plane of Knowledge (next to a tree near the Plane of Tranquility stone)
    --- Reward: Hobby Horse
    --- Reward: Mini Jokester

- Solo Task: A Fool's Errand
    --- Starting NPC: Emissary of Bristlebane in the Plane of Knowledge (near the main bank)
    --- Reward: Fool's Pie

Stomples Day (Easter)

- Solo Task: The Origin of the Cuniculus
    --- Starting NPC: Grundle Cogwelder in the Plane of Knowledge (near the Soulbinder)
    --- Reward: Madness of Stomples
  11. Herf Augur

Unless you're on Agnarr, where the only thing we get is the shamrock hat drops from mobs, and the easter egg hunt for a clicky that summons small bits of detritus which blows away.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

13. Rondor Augur

The easter egg hunt clicky has an easter egg of its own! Most of time clicking it summons tons of tiny bunny rabbits, and sometimes, more rarely, it turns you into a white bunny rabbit! A must-get item.
    Herf likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

EQ II brew day began the 5th. The announcement covers both games.

EQ II got new quests and purchasable items for their Brew Day Celebrations
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And EQ got sweet FA as usual.

But that announcement was on the EQ Facebook page not EQ2, I could understand if it was for both games but it wasn't.
    Fanra, MasterMagnus and Elyssanda like this.
  16. Herf Augur

Yep, I've heard (herd?) that but so far have not had it happen to me so far :)
    Rondor likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Always stick with your first guess (or C, of course) :)
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't forget that your loyalty token npc are offering this for the monthly rotating bag
    [IMG]
    Rondor likes this.