T3 hype

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Tolzol Augur

I still think there is a compromise that would satisfy everyone but would take a little more work on dev end i suppose so probably wouldn’t happen. Tune the raids how they are intended to be on beta, but instead of the current model of releasing t1 a month in t2 two months in and t3 3 months in, turn the knobs up on them all for launch day and release them all at once as soul crushers. Retune t1 a month in back to how it was intended t2 two months in and t3 3 months in. It would essentially be the same design for most guilds as long as they don’t go beat there heads against the wall for no reason and gives people that actually want a challenge what they want.
    Jennre likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Oh, i forgot to mention, also half the enrage timer so guilds can't just stack tanks and healers to grind through the damage.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Congratulations to the 12 guilds who have beaten at least 1 raid in T3!!
    [IMG]

and to our top 10 who have beaten the whole Tier!
    [IMG]
  4. raider New Member

You are totally missing the point as to why they're releasing content they way they do.
  5. Jennre Band Leader

The first iterations of T2 and T3 were really really hard on Beta. I remember wiping to T3:1 a bunch. I like this idea, Tolzol.

Gee-ELEVEN ftw!
  6. Tolzol Augur

I’m well aware of why they release content the way they do. But keeping it the current way and implementing what i just said would piss people off. I’m also well aware that it wouldn’t happen regardless lol. Im saying there is ways to satisfy more people.
  7. Robnie Augur

T3.1 and T3.3 on beta were ballbusters. We spent so long on pre nerf vulak thinking it was gonna be a maeratas or something and it was nerfed by like 80%. It probably needed a solid tuning pass but probably too much
    Jennre likes this.
  8. KrakenReality Augur

Except, it doesn't make people happy. It'll make the top end complain non-stop that they're making the content easy mode. They'll become disgruntled. Meanwhile, the other guilds will face two scenarios: avoid the raids for months and lose higher end players or fracture under the weight of successive failures.
  9. Jennre Band Leader

I think most "top end raiders" feel that content is pretty much easy-mode after beating the raids a few times, so I don't think top end raiders will complain if the content is more challenging on release than later on.

Once its down, its down. Time to farm gear and and wait for the next expansion release.
  10. Jennre Band Leader

Wipe city and I loved it, lol! Those first few weeks of beta always give me hope that events are gonna clean us out unless we focus up.
  11. Tolzol Augur

Making the raids hard for a couple months would make top end complain? The raids become easy to us after they have been beaten and everyone enjoys making farm mode faster so no we would not complain when they set them back down to where they actually want them. And the other guilds already are locked out of those raids for 1, 2, and 3 months like the rest of us already so how’s it different for them? It would stay the same for them if they were to do what i suggested. I don’t really care what they do tbh. But based on your all knowing wisdom they should just stop making raids all together. Which i agree they should, then i can be set free from this game lol. What you fail to realize though is when the top end gets tired of boring easy content they retire. And then we have to recruit your higher end players from the mid/low tier. It’s just the nature of how things work. Your best bet is to compromise to keep as many people happy as possible to keep player retention high. There is a middle ground. Maybe my way isn’t the correct answer either, but still is a better compromise than just making raids easy.
    Jennre likes this.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

No, I realize your point. Those few that retire are insignificant to the rest of the game's health.
    I've asked this twice now, but what % of the MAUs are these top end guilds?
  13. Windance Augur

What is your acronym MAU?

Assume you mean "Monthly Active Users"?

I saw on one of the other threads that there are 66k paid users so napkin math says top guilds 10 x 60 people / 66000 total paid subs = slightly under 1% of the EQ population.

That calculation is flawed because many people actually pay for multiple account, so maybe double that number to more like 2%
  14. KrakenReality Augur

Correct, I was referring to Monthly Active Users. I should've defined the acronym before using it. Looks like 1-2% is a pretty solid vocal minority, but makes up a sizeable portion of active ForumQuesters.
  15. Tolzol Augur

Your right buddy. You have shown me the light. We should just get rid of these top end guilds for good.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

Just to refresh our positions on this topic:

Tolzol, suggests content tuned exclusively to 1% of the game.
    KrakenReality, counters that its a misallocation of resources.

Not sure, where you came to the conclusion that I said they shouldn't exist. I just said they're irrelevant.

So, in the end it just ends up easy after you beat it the first time and goes into farm status? Seems like a waste to temporarily attempt to satisfy a population that can't be satiated.
  17. Jennre Band Leader

Its more than a few. Plenty of people leave out of boredom. How is this insignificant?

Nobody that doesn't work for the company can answer that, which is why you haven't received a response. My guess is "more than you think" because most people in the top 10 guilds have at least 2 gold alts.
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Well, lucky for us they recently had a public disclosure from their sale, 66k All-Access and 82k total.
  19. Tolzol Augur

If they are irrelevant why worry about them being here just drive them away and be done with it. Seriously I’m all for it lol. And don’t twist my words, i said tuned for a month to the top 1% when the content would normally be locked out to everyone anyway. And for a guy so pressed on allocation of resources, telling people to not beta test because their free labor is pretty hilarious and hypocritical tbh.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

It's not twisting your words, you want an exclusive playground. You keep repeating it.

I don't get how its hypocritical? I don't think businesses should enlist 'volunteers' to product test, and should offer compensation in exchange for time. Either come up with the funds or shut it down.