bard agro messed up? (too low)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Svann2, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im tanking DN spiders with my bard and boxxing my alt wizard. Normally I have hardly any issues holding agro with the bard, and only have to use deaggro rarely. But today its like the wizard agro is constantly climbing to yellow zone. Even his call of xusl pets are stealing agro and dying. Those pets arent supposed to generate any agro they are just supposed to proc buffs. Ive got bard subtlety disabled and not using deagro proc song. Parse shows bard doing 50% more damage than wizard. Not sure whats going on. Anyone else seeing this?

edit: nm. Just remembered that I recently changed tanking melody. The problem was Placating Accelerando. I added that to try to help mercs heal better, but it also has a deaggro which i guess affects my agro more than it should. Its supposed to reduce agro for the healers, not the tank.
    Phaith likes this.
  2. Kase Augur

3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im using heal target of target proc weapons to try to keep myself up with only 2 merc healers. I suspect that when Placating Accelerando is intending to reduce the agro of the heal procs it is instead reducing my total agro. Taking that song out of the lineup fixed the problem. Id bug it but its too complicated to proof, and I think no other bard ever uses that song anyway so its unlikely to get likes.
  4. Cuuthbert Augur

For Holding agro, I find dots help to hold considerable agro, not just for the damage of the dot but also the debuff portion of those songs, I also have a set of stun proc weapons on a bando that I switch to if I am tanking and want to hold agro and I wear the mask that procs hate. Not sure if you are doing those things as well.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Sounds like a bug.

The song has exclusions for your weapon procs. You don't say which ones specifically, but they are all zero mana afaik.

Placating Accelerando

Slot 1: Reduce Timer by 2s
    Slot 3: Limit Type: Beneficial
    Slot 4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    Slot 5: Limit Min Level: 101
    Slot 6: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    Slot 7: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 8: Limit Max Level: 115 (Lose 5% per Level)
    Slot 9: Decrease Hate Generated by 28%

I would look at your other songs. It's possible that Crescendo can be affected because the song costs mana even though the actual heal does not. If this is the problem, then I think it's a bug.

Also try blocking Promised heals as they count as-if you cast the heal and not the healer merc. Again this is a case where the spell costs mana while the heal effect does not. Same bug if that's the case.
  6. Szilent Augur

hate gen likely isn't a spell focus. those restrictions are applying to the Slot 1 timer reduction
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Okay, then the bard simply has to block buff on that song to solve the issue.
    However, the description says

Lowers the recast time of your companions' beneficial spells by 2 and reduces the hatred they generate by 28%

So ... there is an error in that at least.
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Szilent Augur

"they" is your teammates, not the spells :p it's an indefinite antecedent, but not incorrect grammar in this case :)
    Jennre likes this.