Not where I logged out

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LaVolta, Feb 26, 2021.

1. LaVolta New Member

Anyone else noticing their character not logging in where they left them? Since the patch, I have noticed 3 separate times I have logged out in my Guild Hall and logged back in to Everfrost Peaks (right next to the LDON cave entrance).

I have changed my account password, reset my bind point and verified nothing on my character has been touched nor have any mesages that a character is currently online. This has happend 3 times out of a couple dozen since last Wednesday.

Curious if anyone else is having this problem? The last time I logged in, I am standing next to an AFK 115 level druid.... which makes me think its not just me.
  2. charla Lorekeeper

Yes I keep ending up in Nektulos Forest after camping in GGH overnight.
  3. Mazame Augur

The GH is an instance. when no one is on in the instance it closes down. This is why often during raids people will post an alt in the GH to keep it open and prevent it from closing so that the load times are faster.

With a smaller guild that has less active people you will have more issue with this then with a larger guild that will have enough toons to keep the GH active.

If your trying to log into an GH that is closes the game will move your toon to another location. This is what your seeing.
    Duder, Celephane and Svann2 like this.
  4. LaVolta New Member

If this is a known problem, I wonder why they don't have a default spot like Guild Lobby.
  5. Krupert New Member

It's not as simple as Mazame makes it out to be. I log out in my GH almost everyday on 6+ toons. It closes - I'm the only member. I log back in again in the guild hall just fine 99.99999% of the time, which it will load first if it was closed. One single time last week out of nowhere I experienced the same as the OP, Everfrost next to LDoN entrance.
    Qelil and minimind like this.
  6. Eaiana Augur

Based on past experience, the entrance to the last LDON you did is the place the game puts you when it can't figure out any place else for you to go. It used to happen often if you went LD inside an instance, but now it seems to put you at the Plane of Tranquility stone in PoK. Maybe a version of that bug has returned.
    minimind, Svann2 and Zynt like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There was a bug in the not to far past, when folks would camp in sunrise hills or the guild halls then when they logged back in they would be somewhere else. Only happened to me 3 times but it was random enough not to be able to replicate.

It happened around the same time as odd bans going on and server currency issues. Just like now.

It had nothing to do with guild hall crashes at that time
  8. Zynt Augur

This. And it's been around for years. It hasn't happened to me in a long while but it still does from time to time.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

One time, just one time I would like to log into the game and be in CSHome.
    Elyssanda and Teylana like this.
  10. Zynt Augur

Go figure I post how it hasn't happened to me in such a long time and I entered the world outside MM Catacombs entrance today.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

Did you run an LDoN for old time's sake?
  12. GoneFission Augur

All my characters seem to be where I left them, but a number of my mercs have gone from passive to either balanced or aggressive settings. I noticed when I started getting charged for them in the guild lobby.

Something in the patch seems to have activated mercs that had been passive.
    Thunderkiks and Rondor like this.
  13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Every single toon I have logged in since the patch that had a merc up before patch has had their merc settings changed from off to on or on to off. 14 toons so far. Some were full off when servers went down, some were still in the world. But all the mercs toggled.

Other folks have reported the same on Xegony.

One of those really weird things that really doesn't matter that much unless you get attacked on login or forget to double check merc before engage...
    Zynt, Thunderkiks and Rondor like this.
  14. Zynt Augur

I run LDoNs all the time. Lots of TS stuff in those dungeons and I've been working on getting all to 350 for a few months as well as doing Artisan's Prize (Finished now) and this is the 1st time I've popped up outside of one in a while after a patch.
    Aanuvane and Elyssanda like this.
  15. Malbro Augur

My rogue ended up on South Ro this time.
    Zynt likes this.