Anniversary Promotions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KrakenReality, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Slasher Augur

Minecraft works because it works on every system basically the minimalist requirements make it a huge success and accessible to everyone. Landmark would never of been that accessible hardware wise.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Shurman Lorekeeper

are you like an out of work attorney are something?

You seem to harsh on anything you disagree with and step right into rhetorical devices, slippery slope and strawman fallacies at the drop of 2cp.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I actually am a law student on hiatus due to COVID.

Interestingly, WoW's lead designer was a former attorney.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

True, and I know this because I could barely run Landmark. But it was popular, and had the potential to be something people wanted to play. I remember all the crazy builds people did, and other people going around just to look at them. Minecraft is actually one of the games that brought me back to PC gaming, and the low requirements helped a lot.

It's just funny to look back now and think that the point of Landmark was to build Next, when we've seen what Minecraft turned into. Hindsight would say they missed an opportunity, but at the time that never would have been deemed an option.
  5. Riou EQResource

It is a Heroic Adventure, I'm not sure how low level it goes, but those specific bonus and named are tuned for those specific levels yea
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

page 4, can we stay on topic.
  7. Riou EQResource

The topic "ended" by post #4...
  8. Tegila Augur

so..like...6days out. Where is this announce? I skimmed the twitter feed on the right of forums, looks at calendar, everquest.com news, and I THINK i read every post in this thread. Nothing in news and announcements forum or updates notes either . Am i blind? Is it NOT up yet? Or is there yet another place that's expected to serve as an official announcement location? And don't even say discord, thats chat and annoying.
  9. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's going to be all of those places and discord once it's up. But it isn't yet, we are doing some other things this year in addition to our normal bonuses. We're working on those still.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

^
    And I will politely patiently await this kind addition to this years anniversary ;D
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Impatiently gets excited.

4 days to go!
    OldCa61 likes this.
  12. Moege Augur

tease !
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Caemien like this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Too much YouTube Skuz ;P
    Caemien and Skuz like this.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

It's got to be announced today right?
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

Nope, Monday and certain things will go live on the Anniversary itself.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

Sweet, wonder what it’ll be?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dangit! Got to wait all weekend!

Will be camping announcements on Monday!
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Does that apply to Test as well?
    Barraind likes this.
  20. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Two things.

First, there are a good number of players who are subscribers and casual who center most play around the weekend, even in a pandemic. By waiting until releasing information on Monday, a number of those players might not get the news of anything going on until Friday.

The EQ userbase skews pretty far north of 30 at this point and quite a number are not as aggressive on various social media or the forums. The in-game messaging is a joke these days (10x messages on what's opening on TLP servers vs real messages for Live players) and there's very poor use of the MotD. And emails sent are usually several days later than necessary.

Seems like a waste.

Second, along those same lines, a good number of the EQ player base have RL schedules that need to be planned in advance. The earlier the announcement on special things, the better folks have to plan for extra time in game if it might be warranted.

Know the range of your player base and try to be more accommodating in the future with announcements please.