Will the new TLPs include a "green" style server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

Ideally one that when it would normally reach GoD, merges into Agnarr.

There's a reason Al'Kabor and p99 were/are popular!
  2. AraduneWizard Journeyman

P99 because it's free. And wasn't Al'Kabor Mac only?
    minimind, Gherig, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Nobody knows, and we won't until they announce their plans, which they have said will be a while yet.

Aside from that, it's been discussed on the forums, but that doesn't mean anything.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

p99 players are poor and they want the free option.
    NoMoreTLPs and code-zero like this.
  5. brickz Augur

This is what people said about why people played on classic wow private servers. They were wrong
  6. Protagonist Tank

PoP locked forward merging servers was the original announcement for Aradune. It was universally hated to such a degree, they dropped it and changed the plan less than a week later.
  7. Stix Man Elder

Last time they said there weren't plans for a new TLP for "awhile", we got a new server announcement within a month and a new server 2 months after being told "no plans" Either Dreamweaver is kept in the dark or he just keeps us in the dark. Either of them make perfect sense and I don't fault them for that. They want to let the current servers go as long as they can. Because as soon as they announce a new classic server, the economy on Aradune goes to trash. Krono will go from 14-15k to over 20k the day they make an announcement.

The only thing I do fault them on is doing an absolute horrendous job at letting the public know about basically anything going on until its already going on. They aren't known for planning too far ahead and telling us about it anyways. We get how many day warnings for exp bonuses lol. Sometimes they won't even announce the bonus till it's already started. It's really odd but that's just how it goes here!
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Highly unlikely it will be anything even remotely close to P99 Green because that would require a separate code set just for that 1 server and the Devs have said on many occasions they won't do that.

A "classic to PoP" recycling server isn't an entirely impossible proposition but I don't think there is enough players to make that popular, just because a big bunch of players hop from TLP to TLP it doesn't mean they want a seasonal server a lot of those server hoppers are only there to farm Krono.

We will most likely get one new "standard TLP" that is pretty much a clone of Mangler with maybe one or two small tweaks and a second TLP that tries some new ruleset.

What the second ruleset could be is entirely open to speculation but I'm fairly certain it won't have any of the following:

PvP
    Free-Trade Loot
    Expansion Locked
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree, however, what else is there? Boxing server probably not happening for a few years. Maybe a 2nd Selo, that one seemed to generate a decent amount of interest with the racing crowd right off the bat, guilds cleared it throughout its entire life cycle and its a quick(er) one to "True up" and reclaim the hardware. I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if they pull out some kind if truly unique experience but otherwise I think we'll get recycled ideas again.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There are a few ideas on the table though.

A Selo 2.0 with 6 week unlocks rather than 4 week
    A TSS start server
    A "Trilogy Start" server that begins with everything up to SoV open

And the only 2 server ideas that I think allow Berserker & Beastlord players to begin their characters at the same time as everyone else:

GoD-Mode server
    LLP (Level-locked progression)

I would really like to see all future TLP servers, whatever ruleset they start with remove Truebox by DoDH (or when 75 unlocks for LLP) and allow F2P once VoA (or level 95 for LLP) unlocks.

I would also like to see a couple more "Heroic Character Upgrades" available on TLP.

A 51/50 heroic available once PoP unlocks on TLP, a 70 heroic once SoF unlocks on TLP - the point of these being to allow players to have a few more catch up options.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

GoD mode probably involves too much work to get setup but a LLP server is interesting and might be doable. It would be fun to challenge how far you could go based on level only but I could also see the Classic crowd whining because its not classic lol
  12. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

P99 players are awful at EverQuest and want to be on a server where they be awful in solitude.
    Protagonist, Genoane and code-zero like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All GoD-Mode requires is a start with every expansion up to GoD unlocked, could even have a 51/50 start so it's not as setup heavy as you might think, could even combine the elements of LLP into it as I did with my original concept for that.

LLP can cater to a classic start really easily, it's just that as soon as the level 60 bracket is open you get 3 expansions open up.

On the LLP "unlock schedule" I suggested you could even have levels locked below 50 for a time to actually reduce some of the racing to 50 that leaves so many behind if the server has issues around queues & people being unable to play much for the first few weeks.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-next-tlp.273180/#post-3998866
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Digler Elder

I would greatly be in favor some approach that speeds up the Classic, Kunark, Velious period. 9 months of that is simply too long for most of the players.

If they could work in an option to allow for a "pre-woken" Sleepers AOC option that would be an excellent addition as well. It would allow everyone to experience that content and "wake the sleeper".
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like that idea, have seen it proposed many times since AoC on TLP servers appeared, I think it's something the devs can do, they just don't want to for some reason.
  16. Barder-mangler Augur

I actually think a pvp server would be more likely than a "green" server, green would take waaaaay too much work for them.

Possible TLPs (ranked in order from least likely to most likely, all IMHO)
    Free trade server
    Green server
    PvP server
    Unique ruleset- TBD
    Regular old fashion TLP server with either shorter unlocks/starting in kunark/velious etc.
    Selos style progression server
    Regular old fashion TLP server

I think the primary concern is that they KNOW how much revenue a traditional TLP will bring in, probably to a very accurate %. The opportunity cost of spending dev time on anything except the bottom 3-4 options is probably too much for them, when they can simply do nothing (regular TLP) and guarantee a return.
  17. code-zero Augur

There's a possibility that they might have an HoT opening server without True Box. I don't believed the devs took it seriously when people expressed enthusiasm for the 85 in HoT launch along with outright hostility to True Box
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I fully expect this years TLP to be a simple Phinigel clone 4.0 or is it 5.0 at this point?

I don't think anything aside from a FV loot rule non-truebox server would tempt me to roll on another one personally but I am sure there are plenty of people that would jump at redoing classic-PoP again on Phinigel 4-5.0.

Of course if they resurrected the Al'Kabor server I would of course resubscribe on several more accounts but sadly they will never do that.
  19. Machen New Member

Judging from the recent conversation Dreamweaver had with a number of the Rizlona guild leaders, there is no possibility of another non truebox server coming soon.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think they will continue the pattern of 2 TLPs, one will be Phinny 5 and the other will be something slightly tweaked, a Selo 2 or something similar.

is there another pastebin dump to read or a forum thread somewhere?