My attack turn off when i switch targets.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by gutorf, Mar 6, 2021.

1. gutorf New Member

I made a new char, and when i pull multiple mobs, ill try to switch targets, while i am on melee, using extended target window, but when i do that, my attack turn off. I have a few chars and this first time that happen to me. Any idea why that happen?
  2. Iven Antonius Bayle

Maybe you have set "/assist off" ? It does happen when the PC (player character) is below level 10 and the mobs do con red. Please post again when you found a solution as I am really curious about the reason !
  3. Annastasya Augur

When your target dies, your character stops attacking automatically. If you switch targets before it dies, or had autoattck on and never targeted the mob, you will continue attacking. In the options you can tie autoattack to a single key on the keyboard. Then you just press that key when you acquire another target.

You can set up hotkeys including the command /attack . This command will also toggle your melee autoattack on and off. Don't confuse this command with /assist on or /assist off which toggle whether you autoattack upon assisting.
  4. itzagame_m8s Journeyman

There is a "net nanny" kinda feature for lower level (maybe pre level 7?) that does that. It is annoying and is not represntative of how the game is actually played and kills more players than it's well-meaning intention prevents.

Even in combat with mutiples, swappng from one mob to the nxt to also DoT it, melee stops. Meant to keep players from accidentally attacking NPCs I guess.
    EastSideWestSide and Shurman like this.
  5. Zinth Augur

when you are low level it stops attacking when you swap to another "high level" mob... can't login to check but pretty sure you can turn it off... it is a nub safety feature when ya swap targets
    EastSideWestSide likes this.