I want a TLP where selling PL's is forbidden...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Salte, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

That depends on the server though. Aradune sure, but not Rizlona or the truebox servers. Some people really do own 12+ computers. TBH though, I'm more annoyed by the 24/7 afk farmers or the people boxing a raid on a server that only allows 2 per person.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is like asking for a server where players sell nothing to any other players, it is essentially asking for DarkPawn to prevent a player-behaviour that is not just common but endemic across all servers, we have seen how well trying to do that has worked out.

Third party market/RMT:
    SoE/Daybreak tried to stop it, spent a ton o f money of trying to deal with it but ended up having to get on board because if you can't beat them you may as well join them & get a slice of the pie.

Heroic Upgrades
    I could point out that the very fact that Heroic Upgrades exist is already evidence that this request to stop the selling of power-levelling is like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted. SoE/Daybreak already gave up trying to prevent this behaviour & decided instead to profit from it, same exact thing that happened with RMT & Krono.

A whole bunch of players will sympathise with your plight, but here's the thing, you can avoid the Powerlevellers by choosing to play off the beaten course, of course the zones populated by Powerlevellers are typically that way because those will be the best places either for XP or loot & Powerlevelling there can kill 2 birds with one stone.

The devs are not interested in spending a lot of time in old content correcting past mistakes with itemisation or spreading the love across to less popular zones, not because they think it isn't worth their time, its that they have no time to dedicate to that and changing the old game runs the risk of hurting what made the existing content so memorable.

I would love to see less popular zones get a itemisation pass to make them as attractive as the most popular zones, to get some experience modifier changes to make the less commonly used zones more attractive and to broaden the typical levelling path - its just unlikely to happen, but complaining about a bunch of zones being dominated by powerlevellers is not going to help you right now.

TL;DR - Seek out the roads less travelled, broaden your EQ knowledge, broaden your EQ experience rather than taking the same route you always did, know best, trust the most, it will be rewarding in its own right.
    Yeroc likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Bad idea on so many levels, besides which the chances that a TLP will be made that directly avoids one of the primary sources of income for the company would be a financial own-goal.

TL;DR - keep hoping all you like, this is very unlikely to ever happen.
  4. Quasimojo Elder

OP, did you even once consider shooting the group a /tell, asking them to leave your little corner of the zone alone? I'm still low level, so I have only seen one PL group in Blackburrow. I sent them a tell, "Would you mind not pulling the entire zone? It's really tough to work around those trains." The PL'er apologized and stated he didn't realize I was down there. He actually left the zone, and his PL crew stayed, killing mobs for xp. When I was ready to leave, I let them know, and the PL'er returned and resumed the PL session with them.

There are jerks in EQ, no doubt, but I find them more the exception than the rule.
  5. Quasimojo Elder

I've actually always wished they would try a ruleset where most mob loot was NODROP. That would kill their krono business, though. I think it's quite telling that most discussions about making EQ the game it once was come down to that.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would not suggest going as far as all mob loot being no drop, but certainly I think raid-mob loot should be considered.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Most of the zones that people use for powerleveling have tons of densely packed mobs that are all social. At the lowest levels people like zones such as unrest, because the mobs don't run. Personally, I would love them to crank up the ZEM on TLPs of some zone so that Unrest is an area to avoid unless you are getting a plvl. The other thing that makes certain zones appealing is their level range. Look again at Unrest. That zone will take you to up to 24 or so comfortably, even higher if you are willing to deal with a slower rate of exp. IMO, all they have to do is crank up the ZEM on the Karanas. Give the Karanas like double or triple the ZEM it has now. Then you kill multiple birds with one stone. Suddenly there are new zones that are great for regular players. Those zones give AMAZING exp, which both cuts down on the need for a plvl, and nobody is there trying to plvl because the mobs are too spread out and aren't all social.
    Greebo and Xoner like this.
  8. TheDohn Augur

Before they normalized the ZEM, there were zones with significantly higher modifiers - Dalnir springs to mind. They were ignored for whatever zone was the most brainless, risk-free, bottom-feeder friendly. The average player is really bad at eq, and doesn't care about efficiency - just foolproofing.
  9. Brunlin Augur

Yep, Im sure they would.....2 kronos and hour is the going rate. Or at least that's what I see in chat all the time.

A No Krono server would be a good answer to a lot of problems tbh, I do agree. It isnt ever going to happen though.
  10. Machen New Member

No, it wouldn't. It would just create more problems. As long as you can do "trading two krono on live for a powerlevel here!" you still have all the downsides of krono, and plus all the customer service nightmares that krono were created to alleviate.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

The problem is these servers are not regulated as they should be. And, proper enforcement would end most problems.

For some reason Dark Paw seemingly enjoys playing Cat and Mouse with the riff raff... I think the cat should just kill off the mouse, but they like to keep them around for whatever reason.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Two krono an hour? I bet I know who is doing that. They were the ones on Mangler that would go up every time a new expansion dropped. People would join and afk, then they would boot the people early once they figured the coast was clear.
    Brunlin likes this.
  13. Fluid Augur

It's been my experience, in EQ and RL: The tougher the rule set the more cheating there is. Think of steroid use in sports for instance. Law of unintended consequences, the stricter the rules, the more advantage there for cheating over legal play. It's a moving target anyway. I am happy to play a server where everything I want to do is OK, but nothing else. Lots of this debate went on from day one. I don't think we started off with lore items and no drop. There was even an effort to implement trivial loot code where if you were to high a level, any item the MOB dropped would disappear. Some of this was even funny in that there was the false belief VI had implemented anti camping radius so you would be forced to move off in order for a new set of MOBs to spawn. Heck, grouping is an advantage and I'm sure there is someone out there who wishing it was made illegal.
  14. Greebo Journeyman

Can't recall any early raids that call for mass AE Stun and PB AE. Certainly not in classic, kunark,velious don't think in Luclin or PoP either. So limit it until then? Or limit it except in raid zones, that's even better. Problem solved. Mezzing is really not a part of the PB AE pl process (at least not how I do it) so no need to change that. It will still be viable just not for entire zones. 10 mobs or something would probably be reasonable?

Edit: Forgot to mention that they do seem to be cracking down on the "AFK" part of pling by removing or suspending people that are getting pl'd that are not at pc. So I've heard.
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

Solid pull teams are key in clearing all raids in respectable times. The only zone I'd even considered AoEing in between Classic and Luclin is Growth. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's even easier to just continuously pull/move rather than AoE in growth too.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The whole idea of PLing is, level up asap, so PLers don'yt typically monopolize a zone for long. A couple few pulls, then on to next zone and level range.

There is also no way or chance in hell anyone has the time to watch and police this.

I will totally start a guild on such a server and call it <Zero Enforceability> :p
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and noone, but NOBODY is allowed anything I didn't already do and they have to pay full pop for every expansion on the way up, just like I did.

I will totally ignore developers adding catch up mechanics, retuning raids, changing character base models, speeding up xp gains, adding defiant gear, adding potions for buffs, portals for convenience, and insist a new player HAS to take the full 20 years to catch up to me.

I also barge into game stores and if a 20 year old game is in the discount bin, throw a hissy fit and yell that EVERYONE should pay what I paid when it was new.

Yeah, be that guy.
  18. Rebelicious Augur

Honestly, people who have played this game since 2001 off and on... and leveled toons on several TLPs... deserve to pay for a PL. Come on now, after leveling so many dozens of toons to max, and with time and family constraints... live and let live. It's simply part of the economy... it encourages krono sales, which in turn supports the dev team and server. That said, when it comes to raiding, people care about HOW you play... not WHO you play. Nothing changes regarding your personal skill level, so there's really not much competition due to PLing. Later, in live, people will box and use mercs and PL themselves.
  19. Machen New Member

So many things wrong with this last sentence...
  20. Quasimojo Elder

I agree, which is why I said "most" mob loot. Player item trade shouldn't be eliminated entirely, but the gap between max level players' low-level alts and others' low level mains is just too great from a group content viability standpoint. If I've not twinked the crap out of my character, I'm playing a different game than those who have.

I've always felt that allowing us to twink characters to the gills is just another way the devs indicate their own belief that the game content doesn't matter until raid levels.