when do they normaly announce the new tlps?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Gremin Augur

No new servers, pls
    Machen likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why do you think they are cloud based? From what I remember they moved the to a new datacenter not that long ago which in my mind makes them not cloud based.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

Miragul Part 2. I’m pumped.
  4. Arctodus Elder

As long as it is a different set of rules than Aradune & Rizlona, I am looking forward to a new ruleset TLP.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

I may have misread it then. I read it as they hired a company to provide their server solutions and were no longer hosting their own servers.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing they moved to a data center and moved their existing hardware there and still have limitations on the hardware they can use without purchasing or leasing more.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, you missed that what you propose is nothing like what the OP is looking for.
  8. Brunlin Augur

They usually have one announced by now, I had a feeling last year with Aradune and Rizolona, the normal cycle of announcing these things would be be broken. Im not sure when they are going to launch a new server. What we do know is they have been doing some patches in the last couple of months that seem to be advantageous to a new classic server. They said they are not close to announcing one, but they are not done with tlps. We also know they liked a selos style server as it finishes fast. We also know that Selos is in transition to merge to a live server. Miragul will at the end of they year if there is no expac at the end of this year, and if there is than Miragul will merge 60 days later than what is scheduled now. I think they are wanting to merge a couple servers, while giving Aradune, and Rizlona a chance to progress a little further. Also I do hope they finsh the Necro dot revamp for level 1-70 as this would make necromancers better on these servers. Its embarrassing to have a shaman dot be equal to a necromancers in Kunark era. I have a feeling or a guess that quarter 1 of 2022 we will see a Selos style server and another ruleset server launch. It could be a Aradune copy paste, it could be something new. If they do another Selos, I do hope to see it start in classic. Since it launches a expac every 30 days, that shouldn't be a request to upset the players that hate classic.
  9. Machen New Member

Why would you even suspect there will be no expac at the end of this year? There will be a new xpac.
  10. TheTone Elder

They spent what was likely quite a bit of Dev time revamping Epic 1.0 quests...so the odds are very good that there will be a new TLP coming out relatively soon.

But I could be 100% wrong about how much effort those changes actually required.
  11. brickz Augur

considering all they did was change spawn time values you better hope it didn't take them very long
  12. Fohpo Augur

And if they were revamped, I fear their track record of "revamped" zones.
  13. Brunlin Augur

I do expect an expansion as they do one every yet. TheY havent announced one yet so i put that disclaimer in. Thats me being politically correct by not getting ahead of an official announcement and not me doubting that it will happen. One year though there will be no expansion, and when that happens it will be a sign that the end is near, but I think we have many more years yet.
    Machen likes this.
  14. Vicus Augur

Because of the epic 1.0 revamps I feel that it still leaves a start at level 50 "heroic" server. I feel that if it was a start at 1 and work your way up there was no real need to revamp 1.0's. Yes there was a small bottleneck for Aradune/Rizlona but not one that required that much revamp/changes. With a start at level 50 "heroic" server this is not the case. 1.0's would be bottle-necked like crazy so the new changes would have a drastic effect on this type of server.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

ehhhhh some of the changes were not really huge complaints (Undertow for example) but others were major complaints even at lvl 1 starts so I don't think the changes are indicative that a lvl 50 start is incoming, just that they finally got around to making things easier for new TLPs.
  16. Vicus Augur

I agree. I didn't mean to suggest that a level 50 "heroic" server was the clear favorite just that with all the changes a new start 1-50 type server seems likely to be announced but a heroic 50 server still falls into this group. Selo's type server also applies but something like Miragul or anything post PoP would mean their patch work recently would only benefit current servers until an even more future TLP announcement. For once though I feel that the next TLP could be anything because they have nearly "done" it all for TLP's. From here it would either be the same o same o or something off the wall. But Miragul was a disaster so I wouldn't be surprised if they are a bit timid to try something too off the rails.
  17. MMOer Augur

Not fast enough. They need a yearly new TLP that rolls into a pop locked server.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

If I had to guess, I would say towards the end of POP is when you will see the next server announced. That happens to line up with late July/early August.