T3 hype

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Grats all, RotE just recently finished too. Bit of a rough start.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Sounds like next year no raids should make it to beta, just release them without beta testing them and then there may be a challenge with a random event being broken! Also guilds won't be able to learn all the raids on beta before they launch which could be neat.
  3. Astral64 Augur

Fine job today everyone! Norrath is once again safe from the mad dragon and his spiteful plans..

..The moment you touch the device you sense a presence. All around this presence is the deepest cold, colder than you have ever imagined. The presence seems to be floating in pure silence. As you become aware of it, it becomes aware of you. As it begins to turn its attention to you a deep dread overcomes you and you pull away. The moment you flee the presence the device shuts down. Whatever that thing was, you know that it was beyond your comprehension..

..or is it?

[IMG]
  4. Lisard Silly

the best part about today was Arbiter didnt lock at 0% (there was a minor oh noes moment at 6% when we had to wait for the server to catch up from the lag and do the final duck emote)
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you master all the raids on beta what do you expect?
  6. RPoo Augur

To be surprised, mortal.
    Scornfire, Szilent, yepmetoo and 4 others like this.
  7. Jondalar Augur

Yes everyone had Mearatas down on beta
    Thunderkiks, Pano, Axxius and 7 others like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why attempt being present in what I am doing if I know I am not going to be?

People find the strangest reasons to log in. People, just quit if that's how people feel about the game. Quitting is not difficult. If you're struggling to pay attention you've already quit in everything but name. My word. :confused:
    Duder likes this.
  9. Zolav Augur

Today was fun, we had a few hiccups but powered through them. Got done early enough to make a nice dinner and enjoy the rest of my day off :)
    Wife even asked.. thought you would have to raid late.. I am just all naa babe I decided to not raid to be with you.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Congrats to the Top 5!
    Wish I'd been there with you all.
    [IMG]
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Tj
    There's lots more dead dragons' heads to tape to other dragons' necks with duct tape and EZ Seal!
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Elyssanda like this.
  12. The real Sandaormo Augur

Ore on the raid merchant?
  13. Astral64 Augur

Yeah. 552 currency.
  14. Littlelegs Elder

To read this post, or a paraphrased version of it from you, several times a year.

There is a lot of commendable work done to 'master' these events, and the vast majority is not done while actively raiding with a dev. And you should know that. You practice during practice so you win the game.

And yet there is always an uncertainty due to possible last minute changes in mechanics, dmg outputs, spelling for emotes or reporting, event unlock variances/fails, crippling lag, etc that must be addressed on the fly. Which happen every year.

Congratulations to everyone in your successes!

-Retired Scumbag Raider
    Cailen, FawnTemplar, RPoo and 4 others like this.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

here's how I see it, every raid force goes in with 54 people, that's 54 people coming together to have a communal project in a GAME . If they didn't find fun in it, they 1) wouldn't do that, nor 2) pay to do it.

Now 7 raid forces (grats Valhallah and Triton) have now completed T3. 378 people have had fun, why try to take away from how they find their fun?
  16. Metanis Bad Company

Somebody needs to buy Absor (and every Dev with a hand in these raids) a beer.
    Jhenna_BB, Sancus and Elyssanda like this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Yesterday was my first time in 20+ years taking a day off of work to participate in "the race". As someone who has been in the current content raid scene for the past XYZ expansions, I never understood why people would take a day off work to partake in "the race". Having now experienced it for the first time, I will say that there was definitely a buzz and excitement that I felt that was far different than logging on at 5:30pm and seeing five guilds already finished like I have seen in the past. It was the sense of the unknown, where everyone who wanted to participate started at the same time. Where you did not know where you were going to finish, and while ROI has finished first for the previous decade or so, and was expected to repeat with a first place finish... until it happens, there was always a chance that history may not repeat itself.

So while I will always disagree with how the community ranks the guilds with a time stamp, I will admit that I did have a feeling of excitement and focus that I have not necessarily experienced before by starting right at 10am my time yesterday. And that was pretty fun and cool to experience.
  18. bbanz Elder

Grats to everyone. Regarding Kizant's video, great recovery by RoI during Arbiter. Looked intense!
    FawnTemplar and kizant like this.
  19. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

You were definitely focused. I will never neglect to gather mana between waves again! :D

Glad you got to join us this year in the craziness.
    Maedhros and Elyssanda like this.
  20. German Augur

Grats everyone on their wins yesterday!