T3 hype

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Lisard Silly

GL out there, may your Strats be flawless and your execution, Perfection.

Also moment of silence for Arbiter 0% lock bug for the guilds who get bamboozled (hopefully its fixed =P)

t-2hours
    RPoo, Elyssanda, Jhenna_BB and 7 others like this.
  2. Zolav Augur

Heck ya! I am pumped lol.
    Aldren likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

Best of luck to everyone.
    Cailen, RPoo, Astral64 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Robnie Augur

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Aldren likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ready to pop the entire thing... if something crashes, doesn't unlock, or the lock bug still exists.

[IMG]
    Peter_The_great, Zynt, RPoo and 6 others like this.
  6. Aldryn Another New Member

Good luck, friends! :)
    Fenthen, RPoo, Astral64 and 3 others like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Went as expected. Another one in the books.
    Jennre likes this.
  8. Pano Augur

And another one without wiping once...
    Jennre likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Maybe next year we can get ONE challenging raid that isn't nerfed to oblivion during beta. Just ONE, please.
    FawnTemplar, Sancus and Pano like this.
  10. KrakenReality Augur

Or maybe the top guilds have vacuumed up so much top tier talent that creating a challenging raid effectively walls off every other guild.

Go help some scrub guilds and get some actual challenge again. You'll see stuff that you didn't think was possible or ever notice.
  11. Behelit Augur

12. FawnTemplar Augur

Lots of RoI folks raid in multiple guilds. Not all guilds want RoI alts as well.
    Fenthen, RPoo, Astral64 and 1 other person like this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you raided 10 years ago you wouldn't say that.

RoI from 2008 or even 2013, Triality from 2007, or whatever would have boot stomped all the guilds around right now. The raids have been brought down to the lowest common denominator. Healing when you need to, following emotes (emotes that give you 6-10 seconds to respond!!!!!), tanking things when and where you need, don't break mezzes, click your burns in the correct order, is not "hard".
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

Come on, you want me to believe people with over 10+years of experience are now worse at the game? Throughout that time the top guilds have created a high concentration of talented players from guilds and servers that have died off.

And they better give 6-10 seconds with all the lag.
  15. Behelit Augur

you'd be surprised...
  16. Metanis Bad Company

Yeah, the computers are much faster now... but many of us older players are going the other way!
    Nightmares, Vumad and Elyssanda like this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yes, I do want you to believe it. This is coming from someone that was there then and is there now.

I believe (call me dumb or conceited if you want), that I'm a decent player (when I'm not distracted). I don't ever think I was the best player around, even when I was number 1 on eqrankings or eqplayers or whatever. I play first person. I don't use audio triggers. I don't keep up on most other classes things anymore like I used to. Some eras I shined more than others, some eras my class limited or expanded my limits to allow that, some eras I was single in college and others I was married with babies. But many of those times in the past, I felt like 40-50 other people with me were as good or better than me.

I haven't felt that way in a good 6 years probably (not throwing shade on current friends and guildmates, this is more about the talent that used to be around). I was plenty happy being in a "casual raid guild" back in the heyday of level 65-75 guild parity. It was the collapse of even basic interest in playing the game (I can't believe it is talent, this game is not hard) among players that pushed people like me out of those guilds in the 75-85 era into guilds in the top end.

People just don't care to pay attention. The game is an afterthought to everything else. Its a game, sure, but if you can't set aside 2 hours to raid 1 tier of stuff, when you can set up the date months in advance, you probably just don't care.
    RPoo likes this.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

In other news, popcorn futures dropped today, due to an estimated reduction in the need for large quantities of popcorn among the readers of the Everquest Forums.
    Zynt and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  19. Cailen Augur

Grats again ROI... maybe next year
    Metanis, Xeladom, Elyssanda and 3 others like this.
  20. Robnie Augur

See you all in beta!

Would of liked to clear a little faster but at least we got to enjoy it a little longer. Great job everyone