Zek Rising!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokon, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Peanuts New Member

fyi so this guy.. Sokon? got all 3 of his accounts permabanned from the eqforums. chatting with him on discord about it, taklking about stuff from here he tried to post that was apparently deleted already

I had to get on google and look up a word he kept using to see what it meant, i kept thinking the word lol, he kept usng the word incessant? incessant this incessant that, forums are incessant like what?

said was his first suspension but looks like so many multiple posts in a short period of time it qualifies as repeat offense. Apparently the bans were done at the same time as mods reply as he first noticed them immeaditely after reading the reminder posted above.

incessant
    /ɪnˈsɛs(ə)nt/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    adjective: incessant
    1. (of something regarded as unpleasant) continuing without pause or interruption.
      "the incessant beat of the music"
      h
      Similar:
      ceaseless
      unceasing
    2. constant
    interminable
    How are pvp/Zek enthused players treated on the forums over these years? lot of similar complaints of no dev time, low serv population. Is kind of stuff from last time I saw anything about Zek on the forums.

oops, forgot to mention he got suspension on his first account, then made multiple posts on other accounts while suspended, which isn't allowed. apparently making other replies here on the other accounts while already having a suspension...
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

The devs didn't respond to this thread but have responded in other places. There are no plans to work on PVP. There are no plans to make these adjustments, they have in other places mentioned what they would need to see in order to consider setting aside time. Those efforts have not gone well. I understand that's disappointing to hear, but at this time that's where we are at.
    Skuz, Boze, Duder and 5 others like this.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

Players have pointed this out over and over but perhaps now that someone with a red name has said it will actually be taken seriously.
    Skuz, Gyurika Godofwar and MyShadower like this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Nah, they'll plug their ears and keep shouting that EQ PvP died because the devs don't spend enough time on it. Nevermind the fact that it died 18+ years ago when games designed around PvP (DAoC, EVE, WoW, AO, and basically the entire FPS genre) released and the majority of people that want PvP realized this game wasn't the one offering it and, you know, moved on.
    Stymie, Skuz and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I wasn't actually aware the devs had said that. I thought it was just a suggestion that players had made to the PvP community over the years as something to try. I've actually suggested it myself in the past.

With that said, I hope the dev team is open to good ideas, even if they are outside the day-to-day plans. I don't think anybody expects any major work to be done on PvP, but if some good ideas pop up that are easy to implement, I hope they are at least considered. Obviously I don't know the environment inside the company, so maybe there just isn't time for stuff like that, but one can hope.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

i think that it's important to note, that things that seem easy to implement on your end may not actually be as easy on the code or design side. So that's important to keep in mind when making requests. But yes, there is not a problem with feedback. The issue comes when the feedback devolves, or begins from a place that is attacking someone.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Feels like outside of all the in game issues related to EQ PVP is the player issue where a low level is continually killed by a much higher level and not given an opportunity to get to your level and participate. Maybe if the player base had a self imposed rule set where you can only attack players of your level, and it actually happened.... maybe more people may be willing to overlook the glaring issues of EQ PVP and at least try it out.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I thought there was a level range for engagement on Zek ... is that not true?
  9. Cicelee Augur

I have no idea. Just skimming through this thread there were some complaints about being ganked repeatedly by a higher level. I assumed if there is some level range, it might be a high number.

Like if I start a heroic on Zek (not that I am, I have zero interest in PVP) can a 115 take me out?
  10. Peanuts New Member

they can take you out to exp with a 50% bonus!!! hehe... no its a strict 5 level and the gap no wider as you level, so a level 1 can attack a 5 i think? and then all the way up a level 111 can attack a 115(as well as down to a 107), so within 5 levels or +/- 4 so people have maxed out alts at 85(81-89 range of fighting for an 85), 90, 95, 100, etc etc etc, chase loot a big deal to some twinks at various levels cause its close to the best easy gotten/traded gear you can equip at those levels

but you still can /duel anyone which turns it into a regular duel on any server and theres no pvp points or kill announcement or other pvp stats associated with dying or killing so you can do that in pvp too like have a level 110 in zone, a sk whom you have /dueled and if you are 115 and battling 115s they never can attack your sk and that lower level 110 could just wait, and if you get low then they dt and kill you, so you get a duel death and not a pvp death... things like that are possible.

the griefing term is improperly used some times but you used it right except you said gank(this just means killing someone near instantly or unexpectantly), so like if you are outside someones level range, say a 110 and 115 and either of them are training the other person and their is nothing they can do about it cause they can't attack them, that would be what we consider illegal and griefing and reportable, some people have done it in the past, usually its a lower level alt, say a 110, training a group of 115s etc. Anyways, for multiple reasons people have geared rvarious levels of alts at different ranges to take care of lower level bards or porting druids or what not that are assisting the higher levels or otherwise causing problems.

for this little bit like there was a recent amazing event hosted on Zek for just 85s, so if anyone has one all geared out or what not, Zeks a good place to move it and just stay in zek gen crossserv chat and wait till the next time, but there's a guy on the server that hosts events for 85s, last one was a few months ago. I'm hesitant to talk about it cause it was awesom ebut ended on a real sour note for people for some reason...

Anyways, the event coordinator of a every man for himself or teams for themsevles event hosted it for just 85s in the old tofs zone, around 30 or so 85s participated. This one guy solely funded the event, i don't know why but maybe just a way to show zek some love or something, it was a great thing to see done. he does this every so often or did, not sure now on how things ended that time.

Anyways, the total awards distributed to the winners included 100 krono, several tradeable mounts and I think a few port clickies? Maybe something else, i think there was 1 illusion, but ya that happened a few months back on Zek... was really cool to see it occur in my opinion. don't remember the coordinators name, many people are familiar with his char names though, sure someone will mention him.
  11. Machen New Member

Is it ok to use a spouse's account to appeal a forum ban? Because if so, my wife would like her forum account reinstated. The forum ban message in 2016 literally said to contact the forum admin to appeal, and there was no way to do that without using an "alt account" of some sort.
  12. FawnTemplar Augur

I think you can use an alt account to contact a forum admin (via DM) but you can't use alt accounts to continue to post on the forums like nothing has happened.
    Fanra likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

Sure, and if you don't happen to have a level 85 on zek fully geared out, forgetaboutit.
  14. Machen New Member

When I used my wife's account to contact a forum admin about my forum ban, my wife's account was immediately also banned for being an alt account. She had never posted anything.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

That's a pretty severe read of that rule, but I see how someone could. I personally would allow someone to ask about a forum ban or suspension with an alt account. If they continued to post with it though that's another story.
    Machen, Fanra and Duder like this.
  16. Peanuts New Member

So, maybe instead of a paragraph reply of:

devs already responded,
    it's like this,
    it's like this,
    we have information that might be of use to you, but it's somewhere else
    we already tried to help you guys, and that never works.

summary of how that reply reads to some of us.

perhaps instead of taking a side by repeating what that side says, try and play a more neutral role one would expect from a forum mod anywhere? A little mediation in the moderation, perhaps????? Two sides arguing something, mediate it?

you see effort by some, acknowledge that and focus that effort on to what you wanna see. it's a highly viewed thread, maybe repeating that here would be worth it? what they mentioned once, somewhere, what they wanna see somehow. Effort shown... no one says what the effort should be spent on???

It certainly does appear very few want to work with Zek players at all.

help the people putting in effort, which should be obviously apparent in this thread that some want to put in effort, help focus their time and energy on something else, they are trying to work with you by helping one of your servers, why not give them a link or atleast repeat information that could be useful to them? you only said what everyone else said :(
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They keep saying what is required in order for them to be able to spare dev time for pvp and I am not sure what is so hard to understand about that. If you look at the recent expansion it should be clear that a lack of resources did impact the content that we got as there was not as much released as there is in the past. Do you really think it is fair to the much much larger pve player base to devote time to pvp changes that will have no impact on pve and will have an unknown impact on the number of pvp players?

Sure you want better pvp support but from what the devs can see there isn't much of a demand for that in EQ and hasn't been for the majority of the games life. If I was a dev in that situation I would rather spend time where playerbase as a whole will experience the content.
    Warpeace and KrakenReality like this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

The focus should not be on the developers, but rather getting people to be interested in PVP. You're focused on changing the driver of the car when you should be focusing on the fact that your car has 0/4 wheels.

The thing is, as has been mentioned numerous times, is that no one cares about EQ PVP. When there is two guilds on Zek and one is excited about 80 members.... I mean, you can go to WW on a live server and see 80 members in that zone. One zone, one server has as many members than Zek population.

Keep fighting the good fight I guess. But we all know that you are going to lose.
  19. Szilent Augur

You write as if you believe there's a negotiation going on. As if the Community Manager employed by Daybreak is mediating that negotiation. There is no such thing going on; that is not remotely his role. Nor is his role to steer efforts to further your extremely niche interests that are at best perpendicular to those of larger EQ.
    Sancus and Bobbybick like this.
  20. Duder Augur

There were TWELVE people max in TOFS at any time during that and very little actual pvp except for the zerker ganking people as they zoned in before the event even began.