Overseer Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by yourmama, Mar 5, 2021.

1. yourmama New Member

Overseer Suggestions:

1. Thank you for ordering agents. A minor tweak would be to place lower level agents before higher level agents if they would have same contribution.

2. Add buttons to filter available quest types. For example, if I’m only interested in Research and Recruitment, I would enable only those buttons.

3. Provide the ability to automatically assign all agents to a particular quest, where assignment is based on best contribution. Conversion would select agents as currently ordered.

4. Probably not possible, but could all quests have same timer (12 or 24 hour)? Possible to at least change the 6 hour quests to 12 hour (with increased reward)?

5. Change the quest time to slightly smaller values, for example, the 12 hour timer would be 11 hours. It would allow some flexibility on when the quests are restarted.

6. Really necessary to wait 10 seconds for conversion? Why not instantly complete?

I like all the changes made to Overseer since release, thank you.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

• Increase the mercenary experience reward 5X when you select mercenary AA as the reward
    • Replace the mercenary experience reward portion with normal AA exp, when you select the normal experience reward
    It is annoying that I need to have the merc up in my group, if I want a decent mercenary AA reward. Sometimes Im in a real group without my merc and still want to claim a reward for my merc.
    SunDrake, Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  3. Lastword New Member

My suggestions added to those that will never be implemented:

All earlier expansions as reward selection for research etc.

Choice between regular XP or AA XP (is this what Jumbur suggested?)
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

1 - Huge thanks for that. The minor tweak would be nice, but is VERY minor. I regularly click the next couple agents after the 1st one to see if they're just about as good, if they are of a lower level. It really just takes a couple seconds. And that's just for the missions I don't remember. For many of them, I already know which one I prefer to send.

2 - That would be nice, or, in absence of a filter, order them in the list, so all stealths are together, etc.

3 - Would be nice, but I think they'll probably never do that. Would make it too easy!

4 - What I'd rather see, is all quest types have a variable timer. I may WANT to do research, but not want the mission to take 24 hours. Let me pick the mission length, and then scale the rewards. What I'd rather see even more than that.... quests take slightly less than 6, 12, and 24 hours, like they wound up doing with Lesson. I prefer doing the missions at the same time each day, but they keep creeping forward, til I either have to skip a cycle, or run a shorter set of missions.

5 - Ah, LOL, I missed that you'd already recommended this ;)

6 - Or, take 10 seconds, but do as many as can be done, at once. So, you have 9 spare common agents? Conversion makes them into 3 uncommon agents with one operation.
    SunDrake likes this.
  5. Peanuts New Member

umm is it 96 48 24 12 agents per teir? maybe 6 more at god teir or need 3 elites to combine to make one of them which would need uhh 3x3x3x3 to make one god teir agent or 81 lower agents to make one of them, maybe they could be called deity teir with 4 level 5 abilities, i think the elites have 3 level 5's
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I would just so happy if I could have a mass-conversion option, where it takes every single agent you have an extra of, and converts them into the next tier. I have to spend so much time every week converting three agents at a time, and it's very tedious.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

84 common, 60 uncommon, 24 rare, 13 elite
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

At this point, once they nail down the lost mission bug, I'd assume the Devs will be of the mind that enough time has been spent on Overseer. I'd predict nothing but expansion launch work to add the past expansions quest rewards and that's it.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  9. Lastword New Member

Do you receive a warning if you exceed agent count? Or, do you lose agents?
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't understand your question. You can have more than one of an agent, it's no big deal. And the duplicates are generally what is used to do conversions (converting to the next best rank of agents).
  11. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Most of your suggestions aren't bad, but are pretty minor issues. For me, Overseer still has some much larger issues that I would want to see dealt with first (even aside from the quest disappearing/reappearing issue still being unresolved):

1. There are still many quests (mostly Elite quests, but not only them) that are set up to give bonuses for agents that you can't use for that job slot or even to require agent combinations that aren't possible. (An example of the latter problem are a couple of the elite recruit quests that can't be done if you don't yet have that elite agent.) See this thread in Bug Reports I started last July for a more complete explanation and examples (and please like it if you want to see this fixed) - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ite-quests-and-job-requirements-wrong.269254/

2. The risk vs. reward is skewed the wrong direction for higher level quests when you consider the much higher chances of agents being incapacitated. While the numerical rewards (xp and currency) scale up as you get to higher quest levels in a reasonable way, a Level 1 Trade quest still has the same 1 collection fragment reward as a Level 5 Trade quest. Yet the odds are way higher that your agents will be incapacitated and for longer with Level 5 quests. I don't know whether tradeskill item amounts are higher as you level the quest types up or not, but they should as well, if they don't. Basically, I would suggest either toning down incapacity chances at higher level quests or increasing the number of items rewarded.

3. With the limitation of the currency stacking to 1000, but most items costing tens of thousands or over a hundred thousand, it is pretty obnoxious to have to transfer the currency between characters. (Going to the Currency tab and hitting "Create" to make a stack of it that is No Trade, Heirloom) When you need to transfer 100 stacks of the currency to a different character to buy one thing, that is a bad mechanism (and you can't parcel it either, it has to go through the shared bank only). Can't the currency be made to work like loyalty tokens and be account based so that we don't have to deal with that?

That is annoying, but it could have something to do with how the client and server communicate about overseer, and thus be a code issue rather than a design one.
  12. Finnster Elder

another suggestion:
    - remove the confirmation window when starting overseer quest. We don't have a confirmation button for irreversibly turning items in for tribute, but we have a confirmation button for something as irrelevant as overseer tasks.
    - add trolls (they should be a level above elite like maybe godly).
  13. ForumBoss Augur

one borrowed from Finnister
    -remove confirmation
    -autofill button for selecting agents for a quest - picks the first for each category. scrolling with the mouse wheel so much feels bad ergonomically.