Headshot doesn't work at lower levels any more

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loviticus, Feb 17, 2021.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yeah, no.

No further changes are planned or advised for Headshot. It's done.
  2. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Wouldn't be an EQ forum post without a smug, unhelpful moron rolling in, smearing feces everywhere, posting embarrassingly out of date info, getting made a fool of, and then strutting around as if he's won. Literally every post has one of these bootlickers, usually the very first response. Many of them don't even play the game anymore, and are only here to, apparently, sidetrack people's efforts to get genuine advice and help.
    Kalipto and Kobra like this.
  3. Kolani Augur

Okay, here I go then.

This is all totally useless. Max level for each rank is level -1, and these aren't current ranks. Level 115 headshot will work on level 114 mobs. Likewise because of this, this is totally useless:

No. Headshot procs are set per minute based on HDex. You're better off with a good modern bow that has HDex on it than you are with the Bow That Shall Not Be Named from NToV, which is the bow this post was implying originally.
    Ancient Arrows are the current best arrow.

Some of these AA lines have been renamed or consolidated.

There's a lot of bad information out there about Headshot as you can see.
  4. Zamiam Augur

everyone who plays a ranger knows a modern bow is better .. also I believe in my post you quoted I actually have Ancient arrows as the current best arrow .. I know reading comprehension is a tough one but maybe if you read my whole post and didn't quote just part of certain area's you might have gathered that ..

my post does have some useful info .. thats all i was trying to get across .. its hard enough to come by posts out in internet land that is not 10+ years old with current stuff .. but a good ranger will decide which is pertinent info and what is stuff that is out dated ..
    then you got people like you who have to argue for arguments sake ..I'm ok with what i posted and I hope it helps someone .. if you dont like the links or some of the info then disregard and put me on ignore (as that is what im doing to you).. you wont hear from me again in this thread . go argue with someone else
  5. Kolani Augur

Except I'm not arguing for argument's sake. Everyone who knows me knows I've been fighting outdated drivel from people who don't understand the class for literally years. You didn't write anything of your own, you just plagarized outdated info (including a couple parts that I'm pretty sure I wrote originally on Reddit when it was current, accurate and relevant.).
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What if, and I'm just spitballing here, instead of quoting old bad information you instead just wrote up to date accurate information?
    Kalipto, Andarriel and Kolani like this.