Favorite EQ Easter Egg(s)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ownlei, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Evurkvest Augur

"Horasug" always makes me chuckle a little. I always wondered if the one that originally named that dwarf knew how it reads out in some languages.
    Ownlei likes this.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

I always thought Boomer was about as stupid as saying Bae, or woke. Then again I lived in Oklahoma for about 11 years and Boomer was a different beast to them.
  3. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

My favorite that comes to mind is the J5 merc quest in Ferrott Dream. "No Heroism Without Fear"

All the questors are Ghostbusters references.
  4. Pano Augur

The first event for Valley of King Xorbb raid. There's an eye above the NPC. The eye of "Mordaur".

[IMG]
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Overseer quest "I see a Bloodmoon rising" is taken from the CCR song "Bad Moon Rising"
    Ileasa and Ownlei like this.
  6. Eaiana Augur

Another favorite is the "Badger badger badger SNAKE!" raid in Underfoot. At the time there was a viral flash video flying around the internet with dancing badgers and a snake. The "Masked Invaders" raid is loosely based on this.
    Ileasa, Deux, Winnowyl and 1 other person like this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I like the Ranger dis in HoH. I think it's HoH. One of the PoP zones. Anyway there are two large urns at the entrance to a building. One has a ranger on it. The other has a dead ranger with "pwned" underneath it. I'd try to find a screenshot of it but I'm too lazy.
    Ileasa, Deux and Ownlei like this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

9. Stageguy Lorekeeper

The Epic Request for SK's is one of the best nuggets I have found. It's worth starting a heroic SK just to see that quest. You go back in time to the original Freeport, yes the original original, and basically assassinate all of the humans in the Pally guild. Then you can run around and explore the old zone.
    Deux and Ownlei like this.
  10. Lubianx Augur

Being a fan of Top Gear (UK version and with the prior hosts, not the current ones) my favourite is in Beast Domain near the Argath zone line.

Jheron Welson (Jeremy Clarkson), Jayd Steed (James May), Rocher Hapstin (Richard Hammond) & The Sklyg (The Stig). Even their race matches

Jheron even does lines similar to that on the show
    • Jheron Weldon says 'Some say his armor smells old batwing crunchies, and that his favourite song talks about building a city on logs and coal. All we know is he's called the Sklyg.'
    • Jheron Weldon says 'Some say he doesn't understand knees, and that he's always standing there. All we know is he's called the Sklyg.'
    • Jheron Weldon says 'Some say his left hand smells of seabass, and that he can't comprehend flowers. All we know is he's called the Sklyg.'
    • Jheron Weldon says 'Some say that dragons have a temple devoted to him, and that he dislikes the smell of rat steaks. All we know is he's called the Sklyg
    Nennius, Deux, Tatanka and 1 other person like this.
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

It may seem weird but I am just linking another bard song easter egg. The name Garadell's Fate Song is inspired by a really old song by Carlos Gardel named Silencio en la Noche.

Then again Frasier and Niles were once so young that they thought the 1812 Overture was the best thing ever.

I'm not going to rule out that someone like's listening to Tango. Bard song easter egg's should have it's own thread.
    Ileasa likes this.
  12. WorldsNotGames New Member

-Oscar Little Doc in Demiplane of Decay
    -The Jenny song item with stats of 8675309
    Ileasa likes this.
  13. Flexin Not an amateur

Saw this and it got me wondering if the reference was for Jason Newsted or if Flotsam and Jetsam were named after the barracudas in The Little Mermaid.. I have a feeling it's the later.
  14. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Next topic: What's your favorite vacation destination?
    (You) Well it's not really a vacation but I really enjoy going to the bathroom in the morning
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

One that caught me off guard was the achievement for killing 100 Dark Elves
    It was called "Dark Elf Antonican, please!"
    I took this to be a reference to the common urban phrase "N, please!". If you know what I mean.
    I mentioned this a few times and people thought I was just seeing what I wanted to see.

Guess what- They changed the name of the achievement once they realized the implication. I was right. Perhaps it was a dev being cheeky.
    Hegsheoshed, Tatanka, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  16. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

The band predated the animated film by 8 years. It's extremely likely someone working on the film was a music enthusiast.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. birdsong_pawn Augur

Okay, time to give this one away. Go to the docks in Butcherblock. There is a halfling woman named Glorin Binfurr. Target her and say "Will you marry me?"

More pop culture references:

1) A Syldon burninator in Frontier Mountains (EoK) and the Burninator achievement in TBL. See Trogdor the Burninator in Homestar Runner. I have the t-shirt!

2) The snake Slitherin in Oceangreen Hills (SoD) and the spell Slitherin Venom.
  18. Hegsheoshed Augur

Check the General tab for slayers and then Progressive and you will see that they missed changing it there.
  19. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

The magician summoned augs from the cauldron are for Head, Shoulders, Knees (legs) and Toes (feet) slots.
    fransisco likes this.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You are likely right on this! I haven't watched that film since I was like 9 - so a long time ago ;)