So Aaryonar...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Szilent Augur

meaning the raid has failed to progress for > 8 minutes, yep!
    Jennre and Cailen like this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its a bug, sure, the dev confirmed, its not supposed to act that way. But now that its confirmed, its freaking insane that anyone ever saw it. How do you go that long (5 rounds of auras!) in between grolik going under the ground?

I'm not saying don't fix it, I hate timers and enrage mechanics, if you can survive it, should be able to finish it, but that is a LONG time to not be progressing the raid.
    Szilent and Cailen like this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I actually thought it was fire procs on grolik
    :)
  4. Tour Augur

Upcoming Fiery Touch changes will make this easier for those still trying to beat it; assuming guardians and lack of progression was their issue.
  5. German Augur

Yes, glad they got it fixed and a few others have beat it as well. It's a fun event, and not having to wonder about the bug anymore makes it even more fun.

My thoughts on why some guilds hit the bug but finally beat it without knowing why at first, was that we had to alter our flow to the right balance for this event that fit the guilds style. Some opted for perfection vs punishment and others on trying to manage the timers due to the way they are.

I don't think every guild has the right balance to do this raid though, and the same can be said about the next raids.
    feeltheburn, Sancus and Cailen like this.
  6. Cailen Augur

You can over do the fire proc on grolik and train yourselves with guardians........ it's a balancing act of proper amount of dps on grolik while also dealing with guardians, orbs, auras, silence ae's etc etc etc. Our knights and wars that deal with the orbs and guardians are the true rock stars of the event. Our raids are streamed you're welcome to watch them....... the event ain't easy it still gets messy and takes us two attempts sometimes but it's a challenge and not a walk in and burn and open the chest event so I enjoy it. What really needs fixed is lag so other events you cant just cause lag to allow you to burn through the mechanics.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

That's not exactly what he meant. Its not 5 rounds of auras. Its frequently two since lag combined with the timing sequence means that we see 2 sets of orbs on most aura rounds.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

This seemed to be working a lot better last night. By better, I mean predictable/as intended. It's still random in where Grolik spawns and the aura orders etc, but the right actions seemed to have the expected response and the wrong actions seemed to have the expected consequences. I don't know if all the bugs are resolved but it felt like guilds shouldn't be getting stuck anymore.
  9. Szilent Augur

Was the case on Feb 6.
    Cailen and Tour like this.