Classic Race Nicknames

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnothappening, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

I originally played on Prexus and then moved to Lanys when it came out. On our server some races had nicknames. Like was seen earlier with the "how do you pronounce KEI" thread, it seems like different servers had different names. Just like on some servers GFay was the place for trade and on others it was the tunnel in East Commons.

So what were the nicknames for the races on your server?

The ones I knew of were as follows:

Gnomes were called footballs because people said their head looked like footballs and were supposedly puntable.

Dark elves were called inkies or blueberries. Cause blue, duh!

A lot of people I met called Halflings asslings because.... not sure why really, though the name kinda fit for the majority of the halfling druids I met.

Later on Dwarves were called beercans because of the Velious helmet.

Barbarians were called barbies, Iksar were called leezards (I personally thought of them as ninja turtles after the supposed upgrade to Luclin graphics because their faces looked like the Ninja turtles), and later Vah Shir were called kitties, but none of those are surprising or much of a stretch.

Oh and when the Frogloks were introduced a lot of us said they looked more like Battle Toads.

Those were all I remember. What about the other servers?
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

My Phinny bazaar trader, Arseling, would like to have a word. ;)
    Gnothappening likes this.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

Dwarves are dorfs

ikky (maybe that was just my friend circle?), asslings and inkys were the other common nicknames. I really can't think of too many others ...
    minimind and Karreck like this.
  4. Protagonist Tank

Lots of roleplay names! The ones I can remember: "cringy neckbeard weirdo," who were always fighting it out with "is there really an emote macro with every heal?"

Personally, my favorite one was "oh christ, it's a tween boy roleplaying a 20-something sIut at an entire zone please god I hope the fbi makes this stop"
  5. Gnothappening Augur

Oh yeah, Dorfs and Ikkys. I forget about those two. I wonder on the asslings though if they were named that because of the people that usually played them.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Roleplaying, we had a few odd ones. There was this one High Elf cleric that refused to help anyone of a dark race. She also did a lot of thees and thous and such. It was a shame too because she was a good healer, back when you could be good or bad at the game and it affected how well your group/guild did vs the lolz_mode we have now.

We did have one of the coolest GMs ever though, Frizznik.
  7. GamerGramps Journeyman

Ogres = fatties
    Xhartor, minimind and Gnothappening like this.
  8. Timgrok New Member

Trolls = my wife
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Or in the case of Ruarck we had the b00braids which was actually a reference to his being a Barbarian (9 out of 10 calculators might disagree though).
    minimind likes this.
  10. AoEBox Elder

Gnomes = Ankle Biters
  11. Fluid Augur

I started two different Erudites lately. One I called Receding who will get the last name Hairline. Other I called Pillcosby because a guild mate used that name on another server and I found it hilarious, so I stole it. I think I have an OJay or so floating around somewhere.

Originally we couldn't use names from popular fiction or real life. I mean in games with no restrictions you would end up with 7,000 Merlins. I'm OK with the relaxed naming conventions we have now.

Owing to their popularity among certain player types, Druids were frequently called some contraction of Druid and dude i.e. Drood .

Rangers because of their utility<cough> are frequently called some variation of ~harm touch remover, Ranger Port, or something to do with their frequent deaths.

I still use finger wagger to connotate any spell caster and damage sponge to refer to the tank. People still refer to Clarity as Crack. I think my favorite is 'buff monkey' for any Druid, Cleric, Enchanter, Shaman, ...

There's a lot of stuff in play that isn't in common usage. In game it is self explanatory, it just isn't obvious in forums where you don't know race/type someone is referring to.
  12. Pikollo Augur

Funny cuz my surname on my Iksar is Neenjaturtle
  13. Gnothappening Augur

On what server? On Lanys back in the day they were called footballs.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

Ugh, names. There were so many Conaannss and Driizzzzzzttss running around.