Any LDON augments worth having?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eindyina2, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Eindyina2 Journeyman

A friend and I made some alts for when we get burned out playing on the mains. We have been looking into doing some LDON missions for fun. Are there any augs still worth getting from LDON's? The alts are level 47.

Thank you,
    Eindy
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Zynt likes this.
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Weapon proc augs for melee are solid. Especially for tanks, as between ldon and DoN, you can get so many ykesha augments for any weapon swaps you're still bothering to use at that level (once upon a time, I had ykesha augs in everything i could possibly swap to)

Some of the 10/15% spell spec type 3's arent bad, but I forget if those are raid only.

Once you hit raids, Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection is irreplaceable to this day for a tank.
    minimind and nitrocutter like this.
  4. Evye Augur

Once you hit raids, Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection is irreplaceable to this day for a tank.[/quote]

I thought the Stone of judgment replaced this?
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Frosty Gem is type 5, 35 AC. Tanks put it in their shield to boost shield ac ... although there's an argument to be made that type 5 heroic augs are now high enough to negate the shield ac boost ...

You are thinking of the Ice Prism of Avoidance, dodge 8% type 3. And the Stone of Judgment from PoWar did replace that.
    minimind and CazRaX like this.
  6. Eindyina2 Journeyman

7. Eindyina2 Journeyman

Is there any for healers or casters that are worth getting?
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im 90% sure the caster-skill mod% augs from ldon are obtained from raids. For grouping I think the dodge-aug is the only one worth keeping(unless your mana and HP regen is below max, in which case you could get the mana/hp-regen augs too). Caster-skill mod% augs are replaced with CotF drops anyway and the dodge-aug is replaced in powar.

Everyone can use a dodge mod% aug, so I would get that even for healers and casters. :)

There is an achievement for maxing the adventure stone, but thats seriously hardcore...:p

The main reason for doing ldons is the xp(and if you like dungeon-crawls), there is not that much important loot from the group dungeons, iirc.

Can you buy the ldon-spells in pok nowadays?
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm pretty certain they are all player made at the very least. I made a number of LDoN spells on TLP this past summer.
    Jumbur likes this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

all spells (Rk I anyways) are all purchased via PoK library up to lvl 90 .. Rk2 spells didnt come out till lvl 71 . they can also be player made via spell research as Jhenna_BB mentions above .
    Jumbur likes this.
  11. Eindyina2 Journeyman

Thank you all! I appreciate the help! :)
  12. Sokon Augur

pretty sure every raid berserker and others using a slow delay melee 2 hander is using that type 5 aug from butcherblock with the 3 damage on it. It also has 70 something damage bonus at level 115 as damage bonus is increased with level but when you put the aug in a weapon it doesnt show the dmg bonus increase. either way, 3 more base damage is good and people been using that type 5 forever...

Black Diamond of Crippling

Also, there is a type 3 ldon aug from ldon raids that gives +4 heroic strength, the only type 3 aug in game with herroic str. It had 20 strikethrough or whatever the mod was when those type 2 mods were converted to herroics. Pretty GG, I use it on my monk haha. A type 3 with herroics from before herroics existed!

There's also flowkeeper's gem that is type 3 with 10 regen. If you aren't capped yet on regen it may be good. Then there's quite a few 20 attack rating or 20 attack rating 2 regen augs if you aren't at attack rating cap that can be good or useful later to hit attack rating cap.
    CazRaX likes this.
  13. CazRaX Elder

Not sure if I should thank you or bonk you for adding something else for me to get to my already long list.
  14. CazRaX Elder

In said argument, do you happen to know around what level the heroic aug would need to be to outdo the 35AC? I am using the 35AC aug on my SKs shield but if heroic will do more I am willing to change.
  15. Jokskilove Palzerker

It's 210 coins in the butcherblock camp - that should be two missions or so. It's good for palzerkers too! Unfortunately less so for monks and beastlords since it requires a minimum delay of 30 on the weapon.

On a side note, I believe that's why it's showing a damage bonus on the aug: Damage bonus is automatically calculated from the damage and delay
  16. Zynt Augur

You can farm TS stuff for yourself if you're maxing Artisan's Prize by maxing TS to 350. If not, someone who has more plat than time (or patience) will be and you can sell for a decent chunk of change. Tons of smithing drops in various LDoN camps. I spend at least a few days a month foraging and killing in LDoNs to farm for smithing which I plan on maxing last.
  17. Evye Augur

You are 100% correct thanks for that =)