Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I trueboxed myself 5 times last night on raids, after going months without it happening. I blame Aradune
  2. THISISHEKK Journeyman

I'm a 50 boxer :)
    RABKkehhalla and Dailor like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Anyone boxing 6 druids deserves to get banned.
    Foaming and Metanis like this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Is use of a VPN a reason to get suspended or banned? It has nothing to do with EQ. Lots of people use VPNs for privacy reasons. The VPN question is way bigger than EQ.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Yes, a VPN is a great way to troubleshoot if your local ISP is messing with your EQ traffic.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

This wouldn't happen on a pvp server.
  7. Lejaun Augur

That's because the server would only have a population of 3, and none of those 3 care if anyone else is boxing or not.
  8. TheTone Elder

I'd say the Aradune 2-box Truebox is perhaps a moderate success.

I think there are a few things going on at the same time:
    1. Being launched at the same time as Rizlona, there was a bit more incentive for the mega boxers to just go play there instead of trying to cheat on Aradune.
    2. Most likely, the "crude" truebox bypassers probably got caught on Aradune doing something by the truebox code...or at least slapped on the hand enough times to rethink their choices.
    3. On the other hand, those that got away with cheating on Aradune made bank. If you could get by the truebox stuff with a group of 6 toons boxing, you had a huge advantage being able to farm stuff more easily than a 2-boxer or a group of 2-boxers could.
    4. All-in-all, the majority of players seem to be following the 2-box stuff and the impact of the cheaters seems to be less-than-catastrophic
    5. There's still too much ShowEQ going on
  9. Lejaun Augur

Too much? The servers are drowning in it. Most days I feel like I'm the only one who ever plays on the server who doesn't use it. People aren't even shy about it. Even in PUGs: "Mob x will spawn in 3m 2 seconds." "Mob x is up and has item z". Or the infamous "mage tracking" skills.
  10. RABKkehhalla Elder

Just report your pug group if they're cheating. Report your guilford too. Report your mom too. KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT. THE CHEATERS ARE RUNNING WILD. We need to keep blue99 alive.
    Siah likes this.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

What kind of question is this?

Like with anything, it really depends largely on how said person is using the virtual network to connect to and play the game. Staying with the topic of the thread - a cheater would use a VPN to try an throw off a network log. In this situation, yes, it is a reason to suspend or further ban an account.

You're trying to play EQ while visiting North Korea and use a VPN to do so? I don't think Dark Paw would care much, but their government may not be too happy about it.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I think you are confused about how most people use VPNs.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

Don't most people use it to hide their IP for the various reasons they want to hide what they are doing? Personally, I use one to stick it to my ISP because they straight up want to track what I do and sell the info.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  14. AoEBox Elder

Truebox code is simple to bypass which is why you have so many people boxing more than 2 characters.

Aradune's 2 box max per person is not enforceable in my eyes as many people play with friends or family in the same household. I witnessed Woebot multiple times come to check on our 6 man group during classic - kunark just based on our race picks as we had majority gnomes and being at a highly contested camps.

I 100% agree with ShowEQ statement but then again how would those big guilds keep tabs on those OW mobs ? Every Aradune guild uses this software if they say different they are 100% full of it.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I would say most use a VPN for privacy reasons like you mention with your ISP. There are certainly those who use a VPN to hide nefarious activity but it's not like that is the main reason.
  16. Rhythar Augur

There's 6 picks in Siren's Grotto on Aradune right now, and each of them contains 12 characters controlled by one player.
    Failure to Launch likes this.
  17. Fluid Augur

Sardonic would be a better term: Implies ~bitter humor.
  18. Zapsos Augur

I remember when a group would be impressed by how you remembered the spawn order of a camp to keep pulls flowing. Now people will almost yell at you for a mob being up for 90 seconds across the zone.
  19. sumnayin Augur

In no way is it impossible. In fact, it is very possible. Saying it isn't possible just because you feel like it is, doesn't make it impossible. You're just ignorant.

Are you telling me Dark Paw couldn't spend less than 30 seconds to figure out that 65 toons in Siren's Grotto aren't 33 different people? and in fact aren't people at all? 5 level 1 toons, one per pick to hold the pick open + the 2 groups of 60s per pick, all running the same scripts all night long.

Are you telling me they can't tell that the people boxing entire NToV raids for all of velious and just warping from boss to boss aren't boxing more than 2 toons?
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The timing of this comment couldn't have been more perfect considering the comment just above you was this.

Even better considering Bobbybick was the poster above him.