Bind Wounds Fast Skill Up Macro

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Osteo.Bonegirl, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Osteo.Bonegirl Journeyman

Buy about 1000 bandages

ctrl A and Left click to select Bind Wound in the first key on the upper left
    create a social key, call it Bandage
    fill out each of the 5 lines like this:

/pause 120, /doability 1
    /pause 120, /doability 1
    /pause 120, /doability 1
    /pause 120, /doability 1
    /vt %t 008

Assign a hotkey for your social macro
    Select your target for binding wounds
    Injure yourself sufficiently to reduce health or make sure your target's health is below about 70%

Press hotkey

You and your target should hear a laugh at the end of the macro, which will prompt you to start the macro again
    Nennius, Deux, Warpeace and 3 others like this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

great macro, thanks, but if you don't play with sound you won't hear the laugh
    Zynt likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Now that skills which are way below cap rise with pretty much every use, the macro may not really be necessary. Just use it when needed, it'll get close to cap before you know it.
    Pikachuuu and Zynt like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ok I used this last night, and again this morning. it's working great, I just swapped the audio trigger for /giggle so I can see when I finish..

Although, it';s a little unnerving to see, the bandaging is luckily complete.. which makes me think aw hell I found a bad booboo.
    Zynt likes this.
  5. Gialana Augur

You could also do it this way if you don't play with sound:

/timer 480
    /pause 120, /doability 1
    /pause 120, /doability 1
    /pause 120, /doability 1
    /doability 1

This will show the hotbutton on cooldown for 48ish seconds. I took the pause off the last line since it's not needed in this case.
    minimind and Zynt like this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I just jumped in the lava till 20% then bind wounded manually.
    Andarriel and Zynt like this.
  7. Zynt Augur

What about melee skills? Anything new? My Nec's throwing skill is like 6.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Take a healer merc to the Arena and attack it for skill ups.
    Elyssanda and Zynt like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

This worked well for Bind wound.
    Zynt likes this.
  10. Zynt Augur

Well, color me newly informed. Thank you.
    Elyssanda, Nennius and Sokki like this.
  11. Muji Augur

You can grab the Erudins Burning raid and grab a torch to cap yourself at 50% hps. I believe this still works to level up bind wound. You can also use the regular zone of Erudin to practice safe fall using the portal pads and auto running off balcony. Autorun will fail sometimes but still works good.
    Zynt and Rondor like this.
  12. Rondor Augur

Your bind-wound target can use a magician-summoned mod rod to lower hitpoints and this even works in a non-combat zone such as Plane of Knowledge. Have the bind-wound target using a mod rod stay standing up to avoid out-of-combat regeneration. Re-cast the mod rod every once in a while.

Use the AA-cast version of mod-rod for a big hitpoint drop.
    Zynt likes this.
  13. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

Duel a shaman in the guild hall and have him throw a low level dot that chew up a decent amount of hps wait till 50% and BW your hearts content, when done leave the guild hall. DoT will never wear off in the guild hall. :eek:
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Head to TBM crypt of Sul with a toon that has not done progression, they are HO locked @ 80%. Bind wound till your heart is content. As for other skill ups.
    Beg, can beg a familier in the guild hall.. can also usually get raid npc givers while you wait on raids...
    Throwing, duel a pet class, have pet on hold, can be dine in guild hall.
    Disarm, add it to your mash/spam button for melee classes.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  15. Kingok New Member

I use a macro that uses bandolier swaps to lower hit points enough to get in a quick Bind Wound.

Create 2 bandolier sets: one without any gear (NoGear) and one with your normal gear (AllGear). Then create a macro to use the bandoliers followed by Bind Wound.

/bandolier activate NoGear
    /bandolier activate AllGear
    /doability # (where # is your Bind Wound skill)
    /timer 110

Can do it from anywhere. I sit in the guild hall and click away until Max. Just target yourself and click the macro.

Not sure if it will work for everyone (high regen might prevent it?) but it works for me.
    Zynt likes this.