Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Rhythar Augur

In the past 24 hours, I reported a 4-boxer, 14-boxer, 30-boxer, and 50-boxer, all of whom have also been reported multiple times in the past 2 months. Yet these known overboxers keep breaking the server rules day after day. Does anyone know why the GMs are allowing this to go on?
    Lucentio, PotatoPowa and bennyrz like this.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

Dark Paw doesn’t openly discuss who they ban nor do they ban instantly.
  3. Krasis New Member

They are confused and banning 4 boxers, 14 boxers, 30 boxers and 50 boxers on Rizlona instead.
    ProgressionFreak and Xanadas like this.
  4. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

Unless they're afk
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

They're too busy banning people on Rizlona for circumventing truebox to care about what happens on Aradune. Sorry, man.
  6. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I think you are confusing the server names. Rizlona doesn't have use truebox code, Aradune does.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The irony of this post right after you made a wall of /sarcasm in another thread is amazing.
    Kutsuu and Foaming like this.
  8. Sollix Journeyman

My guess is DarkPaw has realized its an impossible ruleset to enforce and is easing up. Should have just been a regular truebox from the get go.

I must say I do enjoy going AFK and following my friend who 2 boxes with my 2 toons and him freaking out and then showing me all the rude msgs he gets from players while I'm gone ;)
    Odds are they'll never remove the ruleset though while majority of the player base will continue to just ignores it and box on. Especially as the server starts to die you'll see more and more 3-6 boxers.
  9. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Nope people wanted a no box server TLP server, that is the reason why Aradune was 2 box only. I suppose a compromise for people who wanted to play more than 1 toon together.
    If you wanted to run with more - Rizlona .
    The multi script runners, botters, whatever where supposed to be banned from the get go. No exceptions for guilds or specific players. Two GM's was supplied to watch the servers for this. (flat out failed from the off though)

I wonder if he will still be your "friend" when he gets banned because of you.
  10. Machen New Member

Sadly, it's not ironic. People have been suspended on Rizlona for "circumventing truebox."
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The irony is that he failed to detect Foaming's sarcasm immediately after making his own sarcastic post elsewhere.
    Foaming likes this.
  12. Dailor Augur

Someone boxing 6 druids was suspended like the first week on Aradune. DPG is great at what they do.
  13. yerm Augur

I don't think foaming was sarcastic. I've seen 2 screenshot'd conversations where a GM claimed truebox circumvention... on rizlona. Others have claimed it was the reason cited on their ban email in the past, although recently I think everything is coming through as cheating.

The GMs don't know what server they're logged into sometimes. I wish I could say I was joking. I imagine there's a ticket in their CSR management tool and it says the server somewhere but they forget or something in the course of their job?
    Foaming and Machen like this.
  14. Machen New Member

This is what I was getting at. It wasn't sarcasm, it is actually happening. Although I think generally when people push back to the initial ban notice for "circumventing truebox" and note that they were not playing on truebox, they get an immediate followup of "oops we screwed up, really we meant using 3rd party software."
  15. theonepercent Augur

Just because something is true doesn't mean it can't be sarcastic.
  16. Machen New Member

Err. Only if you are ignorant of the truth. Foaming is not.
  17. Rhythar Augur

Freeport, Neriak, and Cabilis are often filled with more overboxers than legitimate players, especially at night. There are 18 characters in West Freeport on Aradune right now. 6 of them belong to a 14+ boxer. 2 of them belong to a 24+ boxer. 8 of them belong to a 50+ boxer. Only 2 of 18 belong to people playing by the server rules.
  18. Mattling Elder

To be clear, they are enforcing the 2 box rule.

I've had 4 different members of my guild permanently banned for boxing more than 2 accounts at a time. One was a 12 boxer, two were 6 boxers, and one was a 3 boxer.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

Lol, I love when people post things like this.

Like a company doesn't have network engineers that can't tell if people are boxing and trying to circumvent the rules connecting to the game over a VPN. This is why folks get banned in the first place. Blanket statements with absolutely no knowledge of the inner workings of the company - only assumptions.

Stop cheating and you won't be banned - plan and simple.
  20. jeskola pheerie

You just made an assumption about the inner workings of a company, then followed it up with mocking people who makes assumptions about the inner workings of a company.