Bazaar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by halfsugare, Feb 25, 2021.

1. TLP Addict Augur

If you ban people from buying gasoline the price will go down again. This is what the OP want's, but with Krono
  2. Gnothappening Augur

You talk about my reading comprehension when you went off on a tangent that had nothing to do with the original post.

The original post was about how krono prices went up and something should be done about the bazaar. I agree that is a dumb take as changing the bazaar won't affect krono inflation. That being said, your take was that people should quit being failures at life if they can't afford $15 a month for a game. The original post said nothing about why they wanted the krono, just that they wanted to combat the inflating prices of krono.

Instead of dismantling the original poster's argument, you tried to paint them as a failure in life. I simply pointed out why people might not be able to afford $15 a month. A lot of people buy krono with in game plat and use that for things other than subscriptions. Some people use krono to buy raid gear and others use it to get power leveled.

Attacking something you feel is a dumb idea is great for discussions. It lets other people see flaws and make up their own minds, as well as provide additional information and counter arguments. If you instead resort to insulting the person behind the idea, it just makes you look petty.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

All relative I guess. One side had a 50% price increase and the other had a 33% increase. I personally would prefer 15k krono as well, but we did have 24/7 afk HG farming for a long time on Rizlona.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

Multiple reasons. Perceived instability in the oil and gas supply sector due to loss of fracking and pipeline plans. Potential instability in the Middle East. Finally, there has a been a steady upward trend in crude oil prices since they bottomed out in November. All of the afore mentioned reasons, along with a healthy dose of corporate greed and our dependence on gasoline for transportation, combine to produce the increase in gas prices.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's how a player driven economy works, there is no such thing as a fixed price on Krono, this is not World of Warcraft. Supply & Demand. An introductory reading on the basics of economics would serve you well.

https://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/economics/

This is easily one of the dumbest ideas ever postulated, and this is down to your very poor grasp of economic theory.

Your complaint here is that the price of Kronos inflated, and you would like them to be cheaper, however it is not in your control to dictate the price & nor should it ever be, it isn't even down to a few Krono lords escalating the sale price as you seem to think.

The thing that actually dictates the prices of Krono is the amount of available Platinum in the economy.

More Platinum entering the economy = higher Krono price
    Less Platinum entering the economy = lower Krono price

How do I know this?

It's simple, the older a server is the higher the prices of Krono become, that is a direct correlation with the amount of platinum in the economy, as the game ages players become stronger & the number of zones for them to hunt in to generate platinum in becomes larger, competition for resources - or the items that are sold to vendors for plat decrease a lot as the game ages, every expansion that unlocks on a TLP will see Krono prices inflate - unless the costs of things players are spending on rise dramatically enough to reduce the available platinum & therefore cause the price of Krono to lower.

Get used to the value of Krono going up in price with every expansion.

The only times you will see prices holding or even falling is when the number of players on your TLP server are falling, or has fallen dramatically over time, or when you reach some of the late era expansions when the platinum sinks are escalated a great deal more (e.g. spell costs, trade-skill component costs etc.).

You might also see Krono prices stabilise, hold or fall when there is a great deal of tradeskill activity happening - such as when the 1st 2nd & 3rd Coldain Prayer Shawl are available & when the Artisan's Prize quest is available.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If anything your ire should be directed at automated SG farmers artificially pumping millions of plat into the server economy. That does result in higher krono prices. Disabling /barter would be both horribly inconvenient for players and an ineffective solution for the problem you're trying to solve.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

This is of course only half of the supply/demand equation. Don't be fooled. There is more going on here than this.
  8. Lumiens Augur

This whole thread is very Bazaar.
    Karreck, Nolrog, Siah and 1 other person like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I broke it down to the most simple parts, lots of things feed into either side of that equation but they don't change the underlying principle.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Yes, there are the usual suspect bazaar crews that manipulate krono prices. The thing is, they do this on every server and are just using legit market techniques to do it. If they are doing anything against EQ rules it would be traders that automatically update prices. I'm not even sure they do that though. They just work together to buy at certain prices and sell at others.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

By November I assume you mean April when crude oil prices went negative.
  12. yerm Augur

I wanna max some tradeskills on my mage and cleric so I just cut my rizlona guildmate a deal and sold him a krono for only 60k.

If you think the aradune price is where it is because of in game tools and not market forces...
    Machen likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Struggling with the whole concept of supply and demand aren't you. Bless your heart.
    yerm likes this.
  14. Kobra Augur

People don't think supply and demand be like it is but it do.
  15. Zapsos Augur

It could also just be that Plat is much easier to come by in Luclin...
  16. yerm Augur

Or people paying real money for kronos are easier to come by on aradune.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

The best raw plat farming locations are all before Luclin. By raw plat I mean plat or items you sell to a vendor for plat. Though, I guess those areas would be easier for other classes to do once luclin drops. Even rangers could be running around headshotting hill giants if they wanted.
  18. Lejaun Augur

People are also capitalizing on the Bazaar. They now have a place to sell their backpacks of loot they don't want that they've been collecting for almost a year. Interacting with a lot of sellers in this game isn't pleasant. Seller: "Selling item X !!!" ---- You: "How much?" ---- Seller: "Offer" ---- You: "Xxx plat" --- Seller: No response or "No." --- You: "Then how much?" ---- Seller: "Sold already. Sorry."

So much less plat being farmed (due to lesser demand) and out in the economy.

Insert Bazaar. Now there are thousands of items for sale to twink or outfit your main character with. You don't need to negotiate with them. You can also see what the market price currently is and feel better about buying things. Plat that wasn't being spent is now out in the economy. Sellers now have a lot more plat available to them. They want to "invest" that plat in items that hold value and can be used on other servers: aka krono.

More plat in market means people pay more for Krono.