Flaming sword of Xuzl - make swarm pet ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dannynine, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Dannynine Journeyman

so the wizard spell that summons a flaming sword of Xuzl, should not this spell become a swarm pet by now?

you have made the mage pets ( rage of zomm + Dyzil deafening decoy ) both swarm pets so surely this spell should also be a swarm pet as well?? far is far after all
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are already way to many swarm pets in raid situations and that can't be doing anything good at all for the lag especially considering how little dps they really add.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

Not enough of the game's population raids, where that should be a primary concern. Group players can make good use of swarm pets.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For curiosities sake, why would you even want this? Those low level mage spells that were converted into swarms have short durations (18s and 30s) with long recasts so if wizard swords were given the same treatment presumably instead of having a pet that lasts until the mob dies you would have a pet that lasts for maybe 30s and then you would have to resummon it.

Trying to decide if you want wizards nerfed or buffed.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I'm assuming you are on a TLP server...because no one has cared about spell Wizard pets in many moons on Live.

What exactly is your beef with wizard spell pets? That you cannot move a pet? Because that doesn't become available for any pet until EoK is enabled (it's level 70, but you need EoK to be active).

Do you want to be able for the pet to move from one mob to the next as more are hitting you? That's not in the spell description ... the spell pets are one target only. Mage pets don't have that limitation.

Swarm pet designation has no meaning. State what you want to change in the pet.
  6. Dannynine Journeyman

personally I wanted Amulet of Xuzl to be of more use for the 3 other pet class's who can loot it and use it, however as its not flag as a swarm pet, the other class's are not able to use the amulet for its clickable effect as they have their own normal pets.

I was merely trying to help out the other class's on the server with a little bit of extra dps but you all just had to make a big deal about it };-p
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So ... you lied ... about what you wanted? And really had zero understanding about wizard pets in the first place?

That's great. 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Thanks.
  8. KrakenReality Augur

Type /played, I'm sure that will make you feel good about yourself. Also, those 891 posts clearly show you don’t value your time.

Why are you so rude to people lately?
    Andarriel and HoodenShuklak like this.
  9. Dannynine Journeyman

I am sorry you feel that way cragzop, however i fail to see how I lied in anyway??
    Please re-read what I put down, you will find that I did not lie at all. i simply ask could we not make them a swarm pet.
    I was then ask why, I explain it without lying and being truthful, and then I get called a liar ??
    I think you need to relax a bit cragzop and learn what lying means and most of all learn respect and not try to twist things around.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Yup, get enough people using garbage and lag the server, hell of a plan. Swarm pets are not all that and more just eye candy with negative over all game stability.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd rather they "consolidated" swarm pets into one decent pet that had the combined damage etc.

All those extra pets polygons have to add up to a boatload of extra calculations, pathing (always a considerable resource hog) hits, procs etc etc. amplify that up to a raid full of players & "hello lagville!".
    Jumbur and Warpeace like this.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Terrible suggestion. For wizards, this would be a straight up nerf to their pet since it would last a much shorter time. For the other 3 classes that can use Amulet of Xuzl, this would again be a nerf since they could no longer summon a clicky pet and then use reclaim energy on it for free mana, which is by far a more useful application compared to actually using the clicky for dps.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Wizards have the AA "call of xuzl" when we want to use swarm pets. it has a cooldown and a short duration, I sometimes use it on burns.... The pet-sword is different and is useful as "secondary damage" when kiting(although the damage is a bit too low nowadays).

I mostly use the sword-pet, if some mob summons a pet on me that is spell-immune.

If you want a swarm-pet then level up and buy the AA. ;)

To be honest, I think redesigning/removing swarm-pets is the way to go, if they want to combat raidlag...

A wizard is not a pet-class. :)
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

Far is far, after all.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

More lag to bypass raid mechanics!
  16. Zanarnar Augur

based on the way melee calculations are done (off and def calculated each attack round) I still firmly believe the proliferation of swarm pets is a big reason for the lag on raids. Fixing the calculations would take time (they should only update on: Buff, Debuff, or Gear Change and not every round); but replacing the swarm pets with a DOT doing the same intended damage.. that might be workable now that they finished the dot consolidation? It would lesson the load on the zone server for sure during a raid burn.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I dunno if Wizards are NOT a pet class, I could definitely see them as one from my Fantasy reading material, they are more of a pet class than Pure melee are any day of the week though.

I'd even suggest reworking their familiar to become a pet rather than more swarm pets maybe.

I have no damn idea why melee have pets however, that just seems a bit Oprah-powered.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I specifically picked a wizard as my main, because I didn't want a pet. That is the the only thing that sets us apart from mages(almost). I would prefer they buff the abilities that wizards already have, in order to make up for the fact that we don't have a pet.
    This game needs less pets, not more.

A bit off-topic though.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  19. Raccoo Augur

[IMG]

They have not alleviated debuff space on raid targets, they only made it worse now that more classes have dots that deal damage worth using. If anything I'd suggest some kind of buff that attaches to the character casting and increases their next nuke/dot/melee strike.
    Nukester, Tucoh, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

That would be fine too, my point was removing the hundreds of swarm pets all attacking and needing all those checks down to something that needs 1 a tick (or procs or as a damage buff) Even reducing it to 1 swarm per player that just gains and loses power depending on how "many" you summon would be a step in the right direction, but IMO it would also be wasted dev time as it would only be a bandaid not a fix.

Heck making it a "nuke" that does X-Y physical damage based on the swarm pets damage would be helpful, maybe only in raid zones? Lots of ways to take it that could reduce the server strain.
    Skuz likes this.