[TLP] Ranger and bard duo

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Loviticus, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Loviticus Elder

Anybody ever try a ranger/bard box duo? Rangers can tank okay and can sort of heal. With bard slow, mana regen, and dps songs it seems like they almost make a whole group in terms of needed utility.

Has anybody tried this out? Curious if it's viable long term.

I'm trying it myself and in the 40's it's still working well. The ranger is pretty well geared though and I'm curious if this approach will cease to work at some point. I should note, my goal isn't to solo hard mobs but rather to get xp even when I don't have a group.
  2. roth Augur

I two box (live, not TLP) a Ranger and a Berserker. Before mercs, it was mainly a question of what would die first, my tanking ranger, or the mob I was two boxing. After mercs, it became a lot easier, though harder mobs still required a degree of over-gearing to take down comfortably.

The reason I went berserker was the impression of the highest “fire and forget” DPS box that I could do. I was not terribly interested in a character that I would have to attend to as much as I had to attend to the Ranger, though because I literally use two computers it is not as big a deal as it would be if I was trying to use two accounts on one computer.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I love duoing with a ranger, we complement each other nicely. I don't box, but Bards are actually a good box since you can /melody and leave them alone.. I know LOTS of rangers that box a bard.
    TLP Addict, Loviticus and code-zero like this.
  4. Loviticus Elder

Right on. Well I'm glad it's not unheard of =)
  5. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]

Necroing for the new TLP because it's a duo I am considering, anyone else with 2 copper to add?

Thinking mostly for running around questing, having a guaranteed bard for raids etc, obviously no good for big boss hunting in era without a proper healer but should be able to accomplish a lot of lesser farming.