Meeting EQ people in RL, what's your story?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Wait, that was you?

(yes, I read the disclaimer)
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Back in the day, around 2000 I think, my guild all met at the guild leaders' house (husband and wife) in the Baltimore/D.C. area. We ended up visiting a costume rental place and having a Halloween party during the weekend. There were probably around 20 or so of us in total. While mostly just socializing, I remember a cleric (from B.C.) and I spent something like 14 hours or so camping J-Boots together while everyone else slept.

Later, once EQ started holding Fan Faires in Vegas, I started attending those. Usually just went by myself and would meet with other people from my server or other guides (I was at the time). The last time I went, also the last time EQ had a convention, I met my guild leader there after convincing him to come.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

One year, a bunch of guildies came to one of the LV Fan Faires. I don't remember the year but somewhere around 2005-2007. There were probably a dozen of us from Nevada, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, Chicago, and a couple that I don't recall where they lived. On the Sunday afternoon after Fan Faire was over, we had a pool party at my house while folks were waiting for their flights. My daughter shuttled people to the airport as their flight time came up. It was a lot of fun.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

OHH I forgot, about .. 6 or 7 years ago, I invited a bunch of guildees from BDL who all lived within about 3 hours of us, to come hang out for Memorial weekend. so we had 6 show up, 2 stayed all weekend, and we raided with SNCR all in the same room here, having a blast with commentary..
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

In my defense, I was drunk most of the time at the Fan Faires. Though I do remember you.

As for meeting people stories, I had a shaman in my guild several years ago who when we met up at Fan Faire we discovered we lived about 15 miles from each other so we'd hang out and watch movies and play video games on the weekends.
    Elyssanda likes this.