AFK Checks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jack of all trades, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

I've heard a few stories of this happening but I will be honest in that I do have to question the ... honesty of such claims. Then again - with the total blackout and lack of communication I'm seeing from DBG on this matter ... I'm starting to lose my faith in them. The longer they ignore this entirely the more likely I am to believe some of the stories I believed to be a bit too outlandish.
  2. jeskola pheerie

My friend told me that one time a GM knocked on his front door to make him go AFK so another GM could afk check and suspend him.
    Tweakfour17 and Lejaun like this.
  3. Monsoon New Member

Let's all be honest with ourselves here. At 13 pages and counting, we are only going to see one of two outcomes. 1) No response at all from anyone 2) If we do get a response, it will lack any substance that would provide any tangible feedback, insight, or understanding of their process for these AFK checks. The most hilarious part about this entire situation, regardless of if someone is blatantly cheating or just missing an AFK to go take a dump, is that level of inconsistency is laughable. Case in point - people getting suspensions for breaking truebox rules from GM's thinking they were on Aradune, when they were playing on Rizlona...
  4. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

I'm guessing that we're going to hear absolutely nothing on this and that absolutely nothing will change.

Honestly it really wouldn't surprise me if this entire thread just disappeared ... so I've been documenting it carefully just in case that happens ;).
  5. Lejaun Augur

Incorrect. There is at least a third possibility. "OK guys, this thread has gotten out of hand and we are locking it from any further comments."
    Gnothappening likes this.
  6. Echoe New Member

I suspect this one has gone a bit too far to just sweep under the rug.

If mistakes were made, then being accountable, genuinely apologetic, and taking tangible action towards correcting issues that caused this situation would earn a lot respect back that has clearly been lost.

I spend a lot of money on this game every month in subscriptions and personal time. I'd be sad to leave it, but it isn't the only entertainment option out there. The only thing I'd genuinely miss are the friends I've made here.
  7. zjaenisch6 New Member

Lead gm responded.
    [IMG]
  8. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

While that sucks for whoever it was that was suspended [assuming the new claim is correct, and not incorrect like the last one] - its awesome that Emwon actually took the time to look at the issue and give a human response.
  9. zjaenisch6 New Member

The fact they messed up the reason doesn't exactly bolster confidence in the system. Or remove the frustration of thinking you got hit for something.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Oops, we made a mistake, but you're still a cheat :D
  11. Echoe New Member

So, what restricted 3rd party software were you using? Since there is no comprehensive list detailing what these are anywhere... your insight could prove useful in identifying at least one of them.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I have at least some degree of faith that dreamweaver and the like will be sure whomever is in charge of the GMs will see this. I suspect they don't know how bad things have gotten. After all how does a GM who doesn't know the difference between Aradune and Rizlona report status? Poorly, I suspect.

DPG, if you want someone who can take this on and fix it, PM me.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

That's the smartest thing you've said all week. Well done.
  14. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

I have no doubt that Dreamweaver and likely one or more GMs have seen this thread.
  15. Judor Journeyman

I box 4 accounts, on Rizlona, as a truebox setup, no software besides EQ and Windows. I have tell windows setup so I can see something happen out of the corner of my eye, most of the time.... I do occasionally miss those if I happen to be concentrating on my main screen, and a tell landed on one of the other 3 screens off to the side. Say has almost no chance to be seen, especially if in combat, but even just sitting at a zoneline. The potential here to be suspended/banned for missing a single line of text in a wall of text that scrolls by at warp speed is ridiculous. I'm all for dropping the hammer on those who really are exploiting/warping/cheating, but creating an atmosphere of fear among those who are not in any way doing so is a poor way of doing business.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

The person that told me it happened to them, I know outside of the game. They don't use any kind of bonus software and this was a few years ago on a different server. I won't say who the GM was at the time, but he had a real hard on for banning people. I don't think the GM works for them any longer either.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

I don't envy Dreamweaver his job at all. He probably has zero authority to change or fix anything, but gets to deal with all of our complaints. Plus he gets the added headache of when someone else screws up. He is like the waitress who gets to deal with the fact that the chef screwed up the order.
  18. zjaenisch6 New Member

Their answer is ANY.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Also, by the very definition of 3rd party software that interacts with the game and gives you an advantage, GINA very much fits that definition.

DPG, can we call the experiment a failure now and just kill the bonus GMs, at least on Rizlona?
  20. Kobra Augur

They said you can't use unintended gameplay meaning if you're warping, or using active hacks they probably have server side tools to detect that.

They also said you can't do afk gameplay.

As far as I know you can use boxing programs on Rizlona but if its doing active hacks or used to afk grind then you can get banned for that.

My advice is don't use active hacks and don't be the kind of person who draws attention from other players. I tried to warn people not to be pricks to others just because you want to be a tough guy in game as it would escalate into petitionquest but of course they don't listen.

You get what you deserve if you get banned.