Logging in

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by feeltheburn, Feb 24, 2021.

1. feeltheburn Augur

anyone else having issues logging in ?
    Leerah, Fenthen, OldCa61 and 3 others like this.
  2. Warlorf Augur

yessir!
    Zcerneboch likes this.
  3. Feth New Member

Yes, many are. Reported on discord as well.

Edit - For some reason it is telling me below I have insufficient priveleges to post in here. But as of 7:45AM PT the issue has popped back up.
    Lukintumyii and OldCa61 like this.
  4. Warlorf Augur

good to know its reported, thank you!
  5. Tutankamen Augur

Login server is down.
  6. ntellect Augur

Just got free from work at 530PM to get in some levels and this... -_-
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

We're aware of the issue, we're looking into it.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

hadn't seen anything on it and don't use Discord...thank you all
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

lol yes but are you all going to PUBLICLY announce it to the numerous people who are wondering about it now???
    Herf, Morgandevin, Zcerneboch and 5 others like this.
  10. Kase Augur

Is this still an issue or something else happening? Logging into account, then error-times out before server select screen. I deleted cookies in Login cache and same thing happens.
    Dyrthesis, Zcerneboch and Rakamora like this.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Something else must have happened. I got in last night after the issue, but can't get in now.

EDIT: Never mind the edit, I can post again.
    Jondalar and rong like this.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Deleting the cookies got rid of the error on the Launchpad, but I still can't get into the game when I click Play.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

I think they are doing maintenance on their commerce system, in which they said that logins could be affected. I am not sure when they start(ed) though.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yeah, that appears to be it. It wasn't supposed to affect logging into the game as long as you could work around the Launchpad error, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  15. Kase Augur

If I had known this was going to be an issue I would have left my toons logged in last night. The info given was that there would/could be intermittent issues to log in during the maintenance time and gave a possible by-pass to log in by deleting cookies. Not working and from what I read the maintenance starting around 1 am? but the issue started yesterday evening for some people.
    Fenthen, Dyrthesis and Atlans like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

- Running "nopatch" (patchme, whatever it's called)
    - Entering my password
    - Login times out

Was the workaround to the launcher supposed to be what I'm trying, or is there some other way to get around it?
  17. FranktheBank Augur

If it's that much of a concern, just leave your characters logged in. If you are new here, let me explain... literally any patch, regardless of what it is working on, has a chance to break everything. Now, operating with this brand new information, plan accordingly.
  18. GoneFission Augur

I have a patcher and a no-patch short cuts, and neither can get into the game. They both time out like Tatanka describes above.

If they’re going to shut off access to the game, why wouldn’t they do it while the game is down anyway.
  19. Darkrok42 Apprentice

I have no issues with them needing to do maintenance. I have major issues with the type of communication here. Saying there could be 'intermittent issues' with the logins suggests, "hey, if you're having a problem just try again...I'm sure it will work soon". This is *far* from intermittent. People haven't been able to log in for 5 hours. This is a major service disruption. Again, it's an old game and they're working hard to keep it up and running. I get that. But communication makes a world of difference.
    Duder, Gyurika Godofwar, Kase and 9 others like this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Can they have another look? It's been down for several hours. This isn't commerce maintenance.
    Moege, Drexlin, Tutankamen and 2 others like this.