Aradune - Beware of Tipsy

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Gallic, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallic New Member

Just wanted to give people a warning that I recently came back to the game after a long break and re-joined the game with Tipsy. I spent many hours grouping / raiding with what seems to be a pretty awesome group of people. I had spent early mornings and late nights helping the guild get keyed for Emp / VT, I raided but never spent a single DKP. I didn't mind, it was a fun EQ experience, and eventually the pixels come in time.

I logged in this morning and was removed the guild and discord, no mention of what had happened or why. I asked an officer in the guild what happened and was told that he did not have all the details but more-or-less I was removed because 2 of the officers said I was kill-stealing epic mobs from guildies and acting toxic.

If there were issues, why not try to talk to me about them? Obviously I did not KS epic mobs from my own guildies, so what was the real story? Maybe a misunderstanding? I guess we may never know, but it sure looks suspicious to let someone help key a guild then remove them before they can be competition for pixels... I would recommend avoiding Tipsy, the people are mostly awesome but from the sound of it a couple of the officers are manipulative and toxic and your time would be better spent joining a different guild.
    Capnzaps likes this.
  2. Judgementand New Member

As an officer in Tipsy I'll give a brief response, though I don't have all the answers that OP wants available or won't make them public.

OP has joined us for 2 raids (the last being last night), and had participated in a few SSRA keying groups. They participated in a few SSRA keying groups, but another senior officer mentioned to me that the experience in a group they were both in wasn't the best (not enough to kick, of course). As an officer core we discuss all potential issues in the guild, no matter how small, so when another of the senior officers was in a group helping one of our members do some epic stuff they mentioned that OP attempted to get in front of their group on the mob and then acted very toxic toward the group after it happened. The suggestion that OP was removed so that they couldn't compete for pixels is a nonsensical one, as the last thing that happened before OP was removed was they were given an SSRA Insignia over a dozen other members in the guild (not rolled or randomed, OP was chosen to receive it because they were close to finishing the emp key).

We require proof of all complaints before making decisions, but when multiple senior officers have a consensus on their interactions with a member there's a level of trust that their opinions are accurate.

All that said, we don't make it a habit to make decisions on members without interacting with them or discussing why things are happening - I can't speak to why it was done, but my assumption (because it was very late) was that it was made after OP was offline and the officer that did it was going to reach out at the next available opportunity. We're discussing it and still attempting to make sure we all understand what was happening in the incidents, if it's possible.

If anyone does have questions or concerns, please do reach out - We attempt to be an open guild with all of our policies and decisions.
  3. Gallic New Member

My issue is not with the particular officer who responded to this post. Seems like a rational and well-thought response. My issue is with the officers who made the claims -- would love to see this proof? One who I am told is the same class and would be competing for pixels?

Why would me receiving an insignia be an issue if it was decided that I was closest and given the insignia by other officers? Edit: In any case, if I were considering joining a guild, I would sure want to know about this type of thing before I invested my time.
  4. Judgementand New Member

As an update: Proof was given and seemed to be accurate to what was complained - before OP joined the guild (August 21st, 2020) they expressly told a group of Tipsy members that they were going to steal their epic mob (Faelin Bloodbriar) instead of wait in line and acted very toxic and unfriendly toward the members in the group (including 2 officers). Both officers kept note of the character name (Autoshot) with notes as to what happened. OP was added to the non-invite list as a result, but joined recently as another character (Barbross). It was only noticed when OP wanted to main-change to the former character and the name was recognized.

Receiving an Insignia isn't an issue (congrats) - I just mean to show that the decision had nothing to do with competition for drops or not wanting another Ranger in the mix...Insignias are still relatively uncommon because of the effort required to get there (not usually one-groupable) and one was given to you because you were close to completing your key. There were dozens of people there that would have benefited from it.
  5. Gallic New Member

That is not accurate, I was already in the guild on my Shaman at that time (I could be wrong but don't believe I am, I joined before Kunark). If this is the incident I am thinking of your guild members are very much in the wrong here.

That is near the beginning of the Ranger epic and I very much remember it. When I was on the Faelin part of the quest there were a few people already there that tell me there is a line and they tell me they had organized the line to que for the turn in. I joined the que but after a few hours there were people arriving and joining the line "ahead" of me. I said that I would no longer wait in line because of getting cut in front of so many times and the response was "LOL this is a TLP there are no lines."

I made it very clear what had happened and why I would not wait in line any more, and actually it cost me my "spot" in line. It may not have been agreeable, but there is nothing against terms of service with what I did. A group of people (Boze, Guillaume, Hawthorne, Pineblade, Slansin, and Tabbun) then proceeded to prevent me from doing the turn in at all (even when they had already completed their turn-in). They sent harassing messages and followed me around for the day ensuring I could not make any progress on my epic -- which is against terms of service so I reported the incident to GMs. I had to get on the next day at 3AM to get my turn-in done without being harassed.

This just makes things even worse to be honest and people need to be made even more aware to avoid Tipsy for the sake of these specific officers.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

This is not the place for this. Please take it to private DMs if you'd like to continue it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.