Meet the devs: NGreth

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was over on the right side of the forums with his picture for a few days. Then his picture got cut in half. So all you saw was a barbarian looking guy
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Ngreth that is a great beard you have my friend. Bearded ogres should be a thing!
  4. Robnie Augur

"First, you have to try not to copy something that already exists. Then you come to terms that not all parts will be unique because EverQuest can only do so much. Then you puzzle together an incredibly complex script and hope players don't find a way around everything you did and finish it in two minutes"

Everquest raiders say big discs go boom boom
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. Barbwarrior Augur

In a general sense, Raids are the most challenging. First, you have to try not to copy something that already exists. Then you come to terms that not all parts will be unique because EverQuest can only do so much. Then you puzzle together an incredibly complex script and hope players don't find a way around everything you did and finish it in two minutes. Among the ones I did, the First Creation raid is my favorite.

like emm zlandicar can burn in under 100s?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am a Ngreth Fan, I may not like all of his decisions but generally he has been willing to help the TLP players a lot, when he hasn't it has been mostly down to scheduling conflicts.

EoK/RoS/TBL flagging could have been a lot better, TBL especially but overall 8/10.

Edit: Strange I cannot post on forums but I can edit old posts (23:33 UK time 25/02/2021)
    Nennius and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's not in the news and announcements portion of the forum because the intent is to drive more engagement in the places it's appearing but I can definitely link it here a week or so after the fact for ease.
    Elyssanda, Fanra and minimind like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Ngreth is a pretty cool guy, even if I don't agree with some of his explanations of stuff. Keep up the good work Ngreth.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great photo! Thank you.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Don't think I've ever seen this "blacktalon" NPC on my runs through Goru'kar but there are alla references to him from 7 years ago. Maybe something broken with the spawn? Also whats the deal with the Scale of Veeshan ghost dragon appearing every so often on that bridge, never figured that one out.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

/cheer Ngreth!
    /em waves at everybody's favorite denmother.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seen it dozens of times on Phinigel myself, accompanied by 3 "Blacktalon Raiders"

There's also a Dragon "Shade of Glenicae" that sometimes appears on the Bridge near the Mesa Spiders (before you reach the giants area) & spouts off some dialogue as part of a script involving some Green Legion.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He, Blacktalon, is real. Some newbies usually post asking what that was that wiped them out. Serious under con. And then they are ok till they hit Oceangreen Hills and meet up with Brown Bear Denmother.
    Elyssanda and Szilent like this.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Keep up the Awesome work Ngreth!!

I'm still a little sad that the Transforming Surprise from The First Creation never got used. Overall that was a fun event though!
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Gnomereaper Augur

He's passionate about his job, and a good person.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Ahhh.. I worked ungodly hours the first 4 days of last week, so missed that. I live near both a firehouse and hospital, so I'll never be hit with rolling blackouts, which meant I was covering a lot of shifts for people who lost power and/or water.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

It's good to put a face with the name. I always appreciated that Ngreth put his name in his sig.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm jealous of Ngreth's heavy metal hair. I had hair like that when I was in my 20's and then I was bald by 32.

Ngreth should take the dialogue he receives from players for good or bad as a compliment to him showing public awareness and caring of the player base. I'm sure all Devs care but he's respectable and willing converse with us as much as he is able. We appreciate that. Thanks for that Mr. Ogre.
    Elyssanda and Sissruukk like this.