Hero's Forge Key Ring

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by The Hoon, Dec 20, 2019.

1. The Hoon New Member

Is the Hero's Forge Key Ring free? I purchased ToV, but I have 0/0 Hero's Forge Key Ring slots.
  2. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Yes, I just bought the standard version on one of my toons and she has 14 slots. I dont think its a claimed item though as it was alrdy on her rings.

-Saerza, Enchantress of FV
  3. KarmaKitty Augur

Well, all my Bristlebane toons turned up as 0/14. Had no problem adding or removing items even for toons without hero forge enabled.

Had no issue adding/removing suits.
    Had no issue adding slots.

Only real issues are so many HF items to put on the key ring and the single use boxing item cost SC.
  4. FrozenWater Augur

Did you ever figure this out? Just returned to the game myself and I also have 0/0 slots. I might be doing something wrong, but my other thought is that purchasing the previous expansion is what unlocked it, and purchasing the current expansion now misses getting that 'flag'.

There is also no option to buy more slots in the marketplace.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you see the Hero's Forge Armor Feature in the marketplace?

Use the search tab at the top and type in "forge" and it will be near the bottom.

If you see that then you do not have "Hero's Forge Armor" on that character and that may be why you have 0/0 on the key ring.
  6. FrozenWater Augur

I definitely have Hero's Forge Armour on this toon. I currently have a full set of the Dark Elf Chain on, and remember chasing many of the achievements for the other various sets before I took a break.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm freaking out, can someone answer some questions for me?

-This post was from 2019, when did the Hero's Forge Keyring become free?

-Is Gold account required for the keyring?

-I'm wearing my robe, my keyring shows 0/0
    Is this a bug, am I just not gold?

-'Buy Slots' on Hero's Forge tab just takes me to marketplace without showing anything to purchase.

[IMG]

-On a tangentially related topic, my robe shows in preview but not on my character in the world. I had just changed my graphics settings on an old potato laptop. Is there a graphic setting I missed or something? sadness

-*edit* since when are robe ornaments Attunable, No Trade and not Heirloom? I just took it right out, it's not attuned, why does it say attunable?
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

I will tell you what I understand.
    However, it is what I understand, so it may be wrong.

-This post was from 2019, when did the Hero's Forge Keyring become free?
    It is not free. it is said to be a feature included in ToV.
    We'll know it when ToV goes free-to-play.

-Is Gold account required for the keyring?
    Short answer: yes.
    It depends on the armor you wear.

-I'm wearing my robe, my keyring shows 0/0
    Is this a bug, am I just not gold?
    It may increase if you earn achievements.

-'Buy Slots' on Hero's Forge tab just takes me to marketplace without showing anything to purchase.
    Oh... yes...

-On a tangentially related topic, my robe shows in preview but not on my character in the world. I had just changed my graphics settings on an old potato laptop. Is there a graphic setting I missed or something? sadness
    ALT+O -> Display -> New Armor

-*edit* since when are robe ornaments Attunable, No Trade and not Heirloom? I just took it right out, it's not attuned, why does it say attunable?
    ???
    If you kill a name above lvl 80, it should drop as loot.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so that rules out that you need to have the HF feature enabled to have the HF Keyring.

I suspect your right that it misses a flag and that like the Illusion and Familiar keyrings that Hero's Forge key rings were only available when you bought the specific expansion. That buying the current doesn't give the feature cause its tied to TOV

I can only check on my free accounts which do not have TOV and they show 0/0 in HF keyring and when I click "buy slots" it takes me to market place but no HF keyring slots show up.

It also does not show any HF keyring itself to purchase. So I wonder if one buys or has TOV on an account if they show the Keyring as purchasable?

To MasterMagus:

This keyring was featured in the TOV expanison/2019.

When you equip a piece of HF armor it becomes No trade.
    So it had to have been put on your character at some point. In fact your picture shows it inserted into your Soulreapers Robe Slot 4 - that made it attuned.

It says Attunable to show you can unattune it and trade it away or sell it.

Your robe is a market place purchase and none of those are Heirloom.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Again Gold account has nothing to do with keyring. It is expansion related.

Earning achievements for heroes forge does not affect your key ring. 2 different features.

What has killing named above level 80 have to do with anything?:) Sometimes yes, you will get HF armor drops but you can also get them other ways, marketplace, player made, crates etc

Didn't mean this to sound mean, sorry
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you both so much! I think I've got it all worked out now.

Silly me! Thanks, I had done it in the config file, but tracked it down eventually with a search for armor.

I must've been confused, so many years ago, I thought I used to trade the robes around. But yes, I actually bought those on a number of characters.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

One final thing.

Marketplace Robe Ornaments (the ones I have) have always popped right out without requiring unattuning, and still do.

I just verified on an account that does not have ToV and does not have the keyring.

So WITH the Hero's Forge keyring you are able to separate the visual appearance ornament from the equipped robe? Is that right?

If that is correct, isn't 'Attunable' not applicable in this case? As the ornament isn't even inserted into the robe.

*EDIT*
    I see now it is ONLY STORAGE. You have to insert the ornament.

So WITH Hero's Forge keyring, do Marketplace Robe Ornaments attune when inserted, and require unattuning to remove? That would kind of make the keyring (which is only storage) useless, unless it allows me to store a stack of unatunners?

The Attunable doesn't make any sense to me. It's possible for some reason behind the scenes they mark them that way, but they don't function that way.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"I must've been confused, so many years ago, I thought I used to trade the robes around. But yes, I actually bought those on a number of characters."

You can trade robes between characters, but the marketplace ones do not say "Heirloom" so they do not trade between your characters.

Marketplace Robe Ornaments (the ones I have) have always popped right out without requiring unattuning, and still do.

Attune ties an item to your character when you put it on. You do not "unattune" when taking an ornament out. You just left click the item and remove it from slot 21.

Unattuning is to make something not be tied to just your character anymore. So you take it out of slot 21, buy the unattuner and put them together which then unattunes it and then you can give it or sell it to someone else.

So WITH the Hero's Forge keyring you are able to separate the visual appearance ornament from the equipped robe? Is that right

Hero's forge key ring is simply another key ring like the mount one and the illusion and familiar that allows you to store your hero's forge ornaments.

I have 3 houses full of Hero's Forge armor ornaments so you don't even need the key ring. I don't even use mine cause I see no need to change my look that often and can go back to the houses and change them out there. I like to mix and match looks also.

If that is correct, isn't 'Attunable' not applicable in this case? As the ornament isn't even inserted into the robe.

By marking an item as "Attunable" in the game it is giving the players a heads up that once you put that item on your character then it belongs to your character and no others. Like no drop means you cannot drop the item. Or Lore means you can only have one of the item.

Hope this clears things up!
  14. FrozenWater Augur

When you buy CoV you get auto-granted ToV, right? So shouldn't the HF key ring be available to someone who bought CoV? If not, then are people who were not live during ToV forever without this key ring?

Just to be super clear here: I just came back to the game, I am subscribed/gold, I have bought CoV, I have the HF feature bought/enabled (and am currently wearing HF ornaments in case there is any doubt), and the HF key ring still shows 0/0.

I am wondering if this was an oversight when the latest expac rolled over to CoV.
  15. FrozenWater Augur

16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

17. Xilbuster Journeyman

having the exact same issues . I tried to hit the buy button in the hero forge key ring and nothing shows up to. searched key rings on market nothing there as well .
    Atlans, Skuz2 and CatsPaws like this.
  18. FrozenWater Augur

It's very hard to find when it doesn't exist. Please don't say it's not a bug if you don't have a CoV only account you can try to reproduce this on. If you do, and you can show me a screenshot of where this is available in the marketplace I'll gladly apologise.
    Atlans, Skuz2 and CatsPaws like this.
  19. Atlans Lorekeeper

Same thing here.
    I bought CoV for a second account, that had as the last purchased expansion Ring of Scale. I bought the Hero's Forge ability on that account for its main toon. The Hero's Forge keyring is at 0/0. When clicking on the Buy Slots button on the HF keyring tab it brings you to the DB cash site but there is no Hero's Forge keyring or slots available to buy. On my main account, which I had pre-ordered ToV when it was current and now has CoV, when you click on the Buy Slots button on the HF tab you get a pop-up which allows you to buy extra HF slots.
    Since buying CoV includes all other previous expansions, I had assumed the HF keyring would be included at 0/14. I wouldn't even care if it was at 0/0 slots, and I had to buy them all, but give us the ability to use the HF keyring at least.
    Also, as an FYI, the familiar keyring on the recently purchased CoV account is also at 0/0 but for that keyring you can actually buy slots on the DB Cash store.
    Let's hope they add the HF keyring ability for us to buy.