Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mangler-Wiz, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Mangler-Wiz Apprentice

What a momentous occasion, and with only 2 weeks of practice! Original Gangster Club, with the support of Rosengard III and Resolute came together and downed the hardest raid in Everquest. Making us the 13th guild ever to clear Mearatas in era, and the 1st ever on a TLP!

Cheers Phinigel... You God damn legends.

[IMG]

-Puma

Xyroff-cazic., Lisard, Duder and 18 others like this.
  2. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

CONGRATULATIONS! ;)
    Sancus, Warrior007 and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Was an honour to be a part of this, so much fun.
  4. Zipe The Healer

Yay! been awesome to be there :)
    Xyroff-cazic., Sancus, Rajaah and 2 others like this.
  5. Robnie Augur

Nerds.
    Aegir, Warrior007 and Skuz like this.
  6. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

Definitely ;P.
    Aegir, Warrior007 and Skuz like this.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

The best challenge we've had yet in OGC. The event was incredibly fulfilling to beat in era.

Thank you all for the incredible experience. It was truly an honor.

Dima/Satoshi
    Sancus, Laynie, Rajaah and 6 others like this.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

A well deserved congrats ... but ... you aren't the 6th guild in era.

According to EGL, 12 guilds finished Mearatas before ToV launch. And you certainly benefited from all the nerfs that happened to the event during 2019.

The raid is still a great benchmark for coordination and teamwork. You certainly had different pressures to get it done. Congrats again.

...but what the heck ... moving from the middle during the 100-85 phase ... man up and take the meatball!
  9. Mangler-Wiz Apprentice

LOL I edited it, had a bit of misinformation! Still a tremendous achievement. Congrats OGC, and those that supported <3
  10. Kragin011 New Member

The flagging needs to be fixed, we only had 2 weeks of mearatas before tov
    Warrior007, Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  11. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

OGC is the FIRST and ONLY guild to finish Mearatas in my heart.....
    And to me, my heart is all that matters.

Grats Dima and OGC crew, #1 guild the TLP's have ever produced.
  12. Rajaah Elder

[IMG]
    I've never heard a cheer go up in voice chat like the one we got when this happened. Last night of TBL and we made it just in time with the buzzer-beater.
    Warrior007 and Skuz like this.
  13. Rajaah Elder

I think it's worth noting though that the tiny amount of time we had to do it compared to live guilds somewhat offsets the nerfs on the scale of the achievement. I've got zero doubt that if we had another 10-ish months in TBL to gear up and learn the event, we could have beaten a harder version of the fight as well. The time crunch was especially brutal in this case.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  14. Dailor Augur

AYYYYY let's go Dima, let's go Gangsters!

P.S. Someone put Playboi Carti over Froogle's Grandpa music in that video.
    Warrior007, Skuz and Froogle like this.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I know you are jazzed up from winning. And you should be.

But please don't try to compare the scale of difficulty between winning a twice nerfed event that has ample video recordings in order to properly plan an assault versus what 3 guilds ~150 players were able to accomplish in two months (not 10) for a raid without foreknowledge (at least MS never saw anything in Beta past 85 percent cause it was broke). The raid was HARD pre-nerf. You can watch the videos from pre-nerf vs first nerf and just tell how much easier things are. And then it was nerfed again.

It's still a hard raid. It's still a great accomplishment.

I am amazed at the level of coordination and dedication to shorten raid schedules on the almost current TLPs. The top guild(s) on Selos and Phinny are very good. Saying you could have done as well as those who did defeat it on Live pre-nerf ... I think that might be a bit boastful.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

Don't rain on their parade, man. They beat it in era with less gear and less familiarity with their characters than the Live guilds.

Congrats!
    Lisard and Skuz like this.
  17. Poem New Member

I am proud of everyone! Great work.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well done guys, that's actually some difficult content and the odds were not in your favor.
    Lisard and Skuz like this.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Hell yeh good job guys

Wish they would fix flagging from EOK and on (especially TBL) especially since the hardest expacs are 8 week expacs theres a serious time crunch and you go in with hodgepodge gear.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Boze TLP complaint factory

Congrats y'all, that's super rad
    Skuz likes this.