For TLP transfers...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Heartland Augur

That doesn't answer my question at all - just that we'll have atleast 30 days notice before the fact, not how long it will take to get to that point.

Is the server going to hang around for 3 months or 12 months before they pull the pin?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Free Transfer period is extremely unlikely to last for long, Dreamweaver has not given a definite answer on how long that transfer window will be open but the stickied post in the top of the TLP forum says when it starts.

In the past when Free Transfers have been open up it has typically been for 30 days, a month transfer window prior to the server merge - definitely not 12 months is what I would expect to see.
  3. Drampire New Member

Where is the FAQ for server transfers/merges? Trying to find out what will happen to guild halls & player housing, stuff placed in them by non-owners of the house, parcels, shared bank, guild bank, etc.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Found this relevant, so it seems they already have a system for Merging servers, just not for transfers.

What will happen to my Overseer on the server being transferred?
  6. Asbleichin New Member

March 10 is quickly approaching. Any news on if all-access will be dropped when free transfers open up for the #1 server? Or an update on overseer for transfers?
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

No, the All Access requirement will not be dropped and I don't think there are any additional overseer updates. As Niente said, at the moment if you transfer it doesn't go with you. If you wait for the merge it will.
  8. Zinth Augur

so ya wanna suck out 1 sub for each account that wanna save their toons before you trash em to some delapidated server noone plays on? cool tactics
    Skuz and Asbleichin like this.
  9. Asbleichin New Member

If i didn't have several traders full I'd just cut my losses and forget my toons there even existed. But is it worth 20 krono to not end up on povar? Yes, after you look at the economy there. Kind of sad though that they can't even turn it off for the last week when people are getting moved to a free server anyway. I can see why it wouldn't be the full period as people would just use it to PL new crews and get toys for somewhere else. Wish there was an offline transfer option.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm going to add my voice to others about this, given the current economic climate around the world & the large number of people, some of whom will be players of EQ that have through no fault of their own ended up out of work this is somewhat short-sighted.

I myself was made redundant just ahead of the Covid-19 pandemic but that pandemic basically torpedoed my chances of finding work quickly and I have been without a job for close to 18 months now - that has meant I have not been able to afford to sub my 5 accounts like I once did easily, now I run 3 & its on a really tight budget & I had to sacrifice a lot of other things to remain an active player & subscriber to EverQuest - my situation is far from unique.

Many players will have chosen to spend what they have spare with EQ rather than other things & so I think no switching on F2P just for a week prior to the server being merged is a bit cold, yeah sure I know this is a business & all that jazz but these players, your customers chose to pick you over many other forms of entertainment & made sacrifices to do so, it wouldn't hurt you to maybe reconsider, have a heart.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's entirely possible this changes but that is not the plan at this time. I will pass along the feedback though.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks Dreamweaver.
  13. Zinth Augur

thanks that would be much appreciated, 2020 changed everythings and it's tighter than ever now because of that