So Aaryonar...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Maedhros High King

Its definitely more than just getting the Shadow Orb to the Shadow Aura unless I have missed something else that you guys are noting.

[Tue Feb 16 21:30:31 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Tue Feb 16 21:30:35 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Tue Feb 16 21:36:29 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Tue Feb 16 21:40:36 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Tue Feb 16 21:40:50 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Tue Feb 16 21:42:19 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Tue Feb 16 21:44:04 2021] The massive golem's protective barrier falls.
    [Tue Feb 16 21:44:04 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.

Yes I saw this assertion but there must be another component involved.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

We were never able to identify what the mystery component was; anything, and everything we tried based off our own experience, and the suggestions of others made no impact. And frankly at this point, I feel like we have submitted so much raw data - (and am happy to send additional/any/all logs of all of our "bug outs" to any dev that wants them) coupled with a few videos that illustrate whats happening, so since there now appears to be a reliable workaround we aren't going to bother chasing any more windmills - hopefully they have the info they need to lock it down more or narrow down the problem.

Someone had agreed to come observe us tonight (which I am SUPER grateful for, but turned out to be made moot by our victory yesterday); but they felt it would be of potentially limited value as debugging tools on an event on a live server give them limited info. I'm confident they will be successful in tracking it down eventually and feel like we've done our due diligence to give them a laundry list of everything we tried to eliminate/verify/prove/disprove.
    Maedhros and Yinla like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The bug thread has been updated and Absor said he was able to reproduce the bug and it was related to the Shadow Orb getting delivered to the correct aura and that he will get it fixed.
    Maedhros and Skuz like this.
  4. Dhurgan Augur

5. Deillusional Augur

[Sun Feb 21 17:44:59 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:45:19 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:45:55 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:47:26 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:47:44 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:48:04 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:49:00 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:50:37 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:50:40 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:53:59 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:52:16 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:52:19 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:53:45 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:54:19 2021] The earth erupts and Grolik flows up from the ground.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:55:19 2021] The energy of the shadow orb merges with the pillar and stabilizes some of the pillar energies.
    [Sun Feb 21 17:55:59 2021] Grolik flows down into the earth.

Absor posted it was 4 successful shadow orbs = locks. but I think the counter for the 4 successful orbs resets when it either flows in to the earth or flows up from the ground. so hence we were seeing this on most our runs before we pushed grolik to flow in the ground always while doing the adds. The above log is from a win on Sunday. It will also explain why we were having the event reset it the time we were experiencing the bug on release, as we never really pushed grolik when we were doing adds.
  6. Cadira Augur

Huh.
    Maedhros, Nniki, Gokulot and 4 others like this.
  7. Dhurgan Augur

Huh.
    Razzy, Gokulot and adetia like this.
  8. Pryssylus Journeyman

Dhurgan likes this.
  9. Barbwarrior Augur

All you have to do is keep up some real dps on grolik? :p
    Szilent likes this.
  10. Dhurgan Augur

Razzy likes this.
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

Dev admitted there is a bug he can reproduce, even ( which is great ) apologizes for said bug and there are still those that think its not real lol
    COV T2 guilds that have won events:
    Sontalak = 28
    Crusaders = 24
    Aaryonar = 11 but at least 12 now and maybe a few more?

Does anyone actually think Aaryonar is THAT much harder that the other events? It's not. A lot of guilds were and some still are hung up on this bug.The fact that it doesn't seem to effect all guilds is great, still doesn't means its not there.
    Razzy likes this.
  12. Maedhros High King

I get that you would assume that since you guys got hammered by the bug, but the reality as I see it is that most other guilds have not had much of a problem with that bug and the ones that haven't beaten it is more due to the challenge of the event than the bug. Could be wrong but I don't think so.
    It really is just that much harder.
    I also assume that people are having a much harder time with Sontalak now that you can't just "lol burn" quite as easily.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure didn't seem that much harder and the only issue was it healing to 87% and locking. The simple fact is we suspected that we had found a bug with a mechanic and while we could not confirm the full details it was later confirmed by a developer.
    Razzy likes this.
  14. Barbwarrior Augur

Fix next month?
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

Just like every other post on this subject we will have to agree to disagree.

Theres a bug
    Theres no bug, just play better
    The bug locks Grolik at 87% even if you follow the script to a T
    It didn't lock for us so theres no bug
    Dev "Theres a bug, I think I can fix it"
    Its not the bug its the events too hard for most guilds

Sorry I don't think there's anything in this Script thats so hard it's keeping 50% of the raiding guilds that can beat Klandicar ( shows your guild can handle adds), Sontalak( adds and timing) or Crusaders ( dps and AE's/Movement ) from beating this.
    Razzy and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

Aaryonar has something none of the other events have and that is unforgiving AEs. It's why I was talking about DoT shielding. The Zlandicar AEs aren't that big of a deal. Klandicar isn't bad with proper offtanking/kiting, just don't silence your healers. Tantor just needs the emotes followed with proper kiting. Sontalak statue is very easily avoidable and the directionals are manageable, don't get banished and offtank/mez properly. The crusaders require a move but the AEs aren't that big of a deal, you have plenty of time to move and heal.

Aaryonar is pretty different however. The AEs are brutal. A single person messing up an earth aura move or dropping a fire aura on the raid causes people to disperse and wreck the AE healing. A few times in the event it is possible to get double DoTs. The event is extremely unforgiving of anyone with low HP or late heals. Not to mention over DPSing Grollik or messing up an earth orb can overwhelm with adds.

I haven't seen any guilds say they are surviving 30 minutes of trying to work around the bug or consistently 100% of the time playing smoothly to the bug and then getting stuck, surviving indefinitely until they gate. The event is much harder than the other events because it's very easy to lose your healer/support classes to AEs and swarming adds.

Don't get me wrong, the event does have issues that need to be corrected. And I'm not talking down to anyone who hasn't beaten it. But arguing the event is not meaningfully harder than the other events makes me think that people are underestimating the mechanics (specifically the strength of the AEs) and the impact of the domino effect of losing support classes.
    Maedhros likes this.
  17. Szilent Augur

That the putative bug is circumvented by "progressing the event regularly" changed its category to me, serving the same role as previous years' enrage mechanics. That's what I was alluding to.

There's been clear effort to move away from arbitrary time limits by building progress enforcement more naturally into events; that's what this Hidden Mechanic[tm] was accomplishing. If a raid was just spinning its wheels instead of handling business, it was shut down. "Winning" by Just Hanging In There leads to poor game play loops and downright silly raid rosters, that was most egregiously examined in TDS.

That this event's version of progress check happened throughout the event instead of only & suddenly, even arbitrarily, at the end of the event was a little novel. That it was "implemented" via a boss mechanic instead of via overrun by adds was also a little novel.

That a developer decided it's a bug and to remove it, instead of acknowledging it with event messaging, is also novel.
  18. The real Sandaormo Augur

Township Rebellion beat this but you basically just described out last 2 weeks. We have never "wiped" to this raid. We would follow the script down and gate out when the 87% reset lock would happen. This happened to us at literally any % between 80 and 28 until we skipped a certain mechanic on purpose each Orb round and we won.

Without a certain dps check on Crusaders the growing aura can get your guild into trouble pretty fast. Its why that raid was specifically brought up. Its not just dance around the auras, you have to kill it fast too.
    Razzy and Vumad like this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Some may hate this but I actually dont think this event is so hard. Sure its got a bug, and an easy workaround. But seriously - this is no mearatas. Its a fun event.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not sure how a npc healing to 87%, locking its hp and never unlocking again is anything but a bug. A check like you are describing shouldn't result in the event locking forcing raids to gate away/die in order to wait for a reset.
    Tallie and Razzy like this.