Fixed Internally Overseer quests disappearing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by dreadlord, May 22, 2020.

1. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Still happening sadly. :/
  2. cadres Augur

Tonight 6/15 are missing on logging in/switching toons to collect rewards
    That's worse than it's been for a very long time
  3. Thunderkiks Augur

Seams worse for me. Losing quests more than I ever have in the past.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

I lost another one on the same account that dropped one two days ago. Two other accounts have been fine (knock on wood).
  5. Qelil Augur

Losing quests here also since the "fix" went in unfortunately. Considering how quickly this issue has been found by users I am wondering why QA didn't find it before a patch "fixing" it even went live. It makes me wonder if management is giving the team the quality assurance resources necessary to isolate and properly fix bugs before new code goes live because here we are after a patch and the problem remains unresolved, a problem that has persisted for a much longer time than it should have I might add.

I don't mean to be harsh but in fairness, the buck stops at management's desk and when I see stuff like this I have to question what are they doing or more likely failing to do. People spend a lot of money on EverQuest and that's fine. It's our choice but in exchange it is also fair to demand a working product that gets fixed promptly when something is broken. We are not getting that.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Scila Augur

Still happening on both my accounts as well as of this morning. TBH I would rather have live game things fixed and this shelved completely if it isn't going to work. Tossing resources at something that was an add-on may not make sense if it takes away from fixing live bugs. I'd also rather have more content with the resources it takes for an add-on. But that's just me.
  7. Moege Augur

Anyone seen a lost quest reappear yet ?
  8. Jondalar Augur

This is worse now
  9. Aanuvane Augur

So today - on one account I have 6/5 quests when I log in...but it's on a character/account I haven't lost a quest on in ages. On another account, one is missing. Third and fourth accounts has the 5/5 as I left it last night.
  10. Qelil Augur

I can appreciate your sentiment all things considered. The problem is that they have been selling agent packs for ages to speed the process of getting it going for a lot of money. So it wouldn't be right to ditch it and screw those customers who spent money on it because it became broken somehow and the company opts to throw it away rather than fix it.

The reason this problem has gone on for so long and still remains unresolved like so many others is simple. Management is not spending the money required to properly maintain this game, never mind improve it.

As great as EverQuest is, even EverQuest cannot be allowed to sink the way it is indefinitely before the passengers eventually start jumping ship in large numbers. There is a limit to what even the devoted will put up with at some point. Certainly, Overseer doesn't rank up there with other far more important problems but the root of all this needs to be addressed. It isn't rocket science so hopefully the new management is competent and will do what needs to be done to see a return on their investment.

Then again, if the new management primarily wanted DCUO and the development team for a new project, EQ and the lesser games in the portfolio are all screwed. We shall see I guess.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Is it possible these are failed missions? I dont think Ive ever seen one at completion say that it failed. Maybe it just removes fails.
  12. cadres Augur

Given the varying times at which they disappear, I don't think it's about fails. If it were fails, they would pouf at the point of failure surely - ie when the mission was complete
    Earlier on, the missions were mostly disappearing immediately - ie zone toon and mission(s) had disappeared. Now they seem to be poufing at random points in between confirming they have 'stuck' (by zoning/relogging character) and completion time

But, agreed, I haven't seen a fail for many many months
    (and the success/critical/incapacitation rate seems to have no corrolation at all to the % success rate, which seems 'odd')

EDIT: have had a couple of days with no issues, the problem remains intermittent
  13. Scila Augur

They aren't fails - they "eventually" show back up even if it's days or weeks somewhere. I had 2 more disappear this week so at this point since patch they owe me at least 3 on one account.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

log in my accounts today i got 4 and i was missing anywhere from 2-5 missions per account kind of annoying im sure there reappear but annoying none the less.

Andarriel
  15. KrakenReality Augur

Made it to 8/5 active quests today, lol.
  16. cadres Augur

Given that whatever was done in the last patch clearly didn't resolve the issue, can we have an update on what is now happening with this please?

(I've not missed any for almost a week, but am not holding breath after the flurry of missing quests last week - and mine never turn up later as some people's seem to)
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think i got your quests?
    cadres likes this.
  18. cadres Augur

And after a week + of no problems, 2/5 missing this morning
  19. Moege Augur

Some of mine returned .. 7/5.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I, like others used to have maybe 1 every 50 disappear. Now its more like 1 or 2 every 5.