Confession Corner

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WarpedJester, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Its funny how when you read active forum threads a comment makes sense but in a year or 2 when the context is lost reading the same statement would make no sense what-so-ever.
  2. Zinth Augur

you mean the getting banned while foraging and chatting with ya friends and missing a say from GM just to get suspended?
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

That one I am not sure on. I was referencing the person I quoted who said they forage in the thread about foraging merchants that is active right now.
  4. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

I feel the same way except that this guild had it coming. It was also a vastly different era. I don't believe in those tactics now. That's mostly the reason I keep to myself and would never play on a TLP. The Jones's don't need to be kept up with at this stage in my life. :eek:
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Keep in mind this is a confessions thread.
    WarpedJester likes this.
  6. Evye Augur

Everyone I ever met IRL from EQ was cooler in game.
    Stymie, Proximoe and Metanis like this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

That's sad, I've met some amazing people in RL who play EQ.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

9. Evye Augur

Only met a couple personally
    and one of them stole my identity!
  10. Evye Augur

Epic Roleplay?
  11. Astral64 Augur

Nice try Woebot.
    Zaray, Moege, Dailor and 2 others like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I met one person in Rl that played the game and I was traumatized. Only got over it when they said they played on a different server.

Btw /ignore does not work in real life.
  13. The real Sandaormo Augur

Every time I drive past someone on the street or see in person with a neck beard and and a cape on I say " Oh, there's <insert random in game toon name I know>, sometimes a guildie, not gonna lie.
    Joules_Bianchi and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Whoops Augur

Not to derail the thread, but... does this happen often? :eek: Where I live feels extra boring now!
    WarpedJester and Elyssanda like this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

Erotic
  16. Hayzeus Augur

Way back when Xev server was still a thing, a dev bug of some sort caused some items to go *poof* from characters (it happened to a lot of characters - it was a big deal for the population when it happened... I just don't remember the minutia of what it was).

The devs messed up my toon while fixing everyone else's, so to fix my missing items, they just added a rollback toon on my account with the X appended to my name. Now, I had two copies of my toon (one with and without an X).

I waited for a month or so, but they never took the X character away. I did the only thing a self-respecting necro would do in such a situation, and I stripped off and sold all the extra copies of expensive droppable gear (lots of prenerf items).

Then, me and my necro friend Thraedin took my X character to the forest outside Paineel and sacrified it down to level 51... and sold off boat loads of Essence Emeralds (worth something back then).

We even meticulously took the time arrange the sacrificed corpses such that, as the corpses fell, they spelled out the initials of our guild name EOD (Eulogy of Destruction)

Fun times. I miss Xev

====

The next thing is not quite an admission - more nostalgic: I really miss the hell out of xevserver forums. OMG I miss that message board. I loved it. I loved that crowd that posted on those forums.

LONG LIVE Rinquist stick figure drawings! He still owes me some under contract.
    Stymie and LongtimeNecro like this.
  17. WarpedJester New Member

in RL you need to use /bear spray
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I fell in love with a Wizard once.

In the year 2000, anything was possible. I was introduced to EverQuest and created my first character. I was a Dwarf Warrior and she a High Elf Wizard. I met her in Kelethin, both of us level 5. We went everywhere together.

I didn't understand at the time how Warriors worked, and anytime she got aggro I threw myself between her and the mob, taunting and kicking furiously. She always snickered at me for doing that but never said why. Years later, reading her EverQuest adventure novel, I discovered she found it endearing roleplay.

I literally thought, back then, I was protecting her from damage in the game by doing that. :)
    Stymie and Zaray like this.
  19. Windance Augur

My first character was a dwarven paladin. When I was about level 10 maybe 15 someone said I needed to go get on the boat and check out the area around Firiona Vie.

Well the boat hit a lag spike and the next thing I know I've fallen off the boat and its quickly moving out of sight !

I remember thinking that I kind of know the direction it went so I should be able to keep going in a straight line and hopefully hit the zone line or something.

Then I notice that my endurance is dropping. Lower , lower , lower ...

GASP

If I run out of endurance I'll sink and getting a corpse recovered out the in the middle of the ocean !

PANIC

Endurance is almost gone ....

PANIC

OMG what am I going to do! Make sure I spam /loc so I know where my corpse will be.

PANIC

Oh wait I'm not sinking ...

hits auto run and then grabs the stack of printed out maps to figure out where I was ....
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I received a warning back in '99 for charming rats in Freeport and level 50 druid buffing them. Skin Like Nature, Thorns, Regen and SoW. I'd zone out into EC to break charm, zone back and look around with invis on for the rat moving around fast and watch the terror ensure! The level 1 players with full Rubi run to the guards and SPLAT was way more entertaining than it should have been for a bored at the time max level Dr00d. You could see the realization happen where they knew something was amiss as they turned and ran and I cackled at it. I was a mean sob in my 20's lol

While this is a confession of behaving badly I carry zero regret! Outside of the warning, of course lol
    Axxius, Metanis, Zinth and 2 others like this.