I don't think they fixed Overseer disappearing missions.....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, I've seen a quest disappear twice since last patch.... and then this morning, I saw two disappear at once (3/5). Never saw that even before the patch.

I think they need to try a different fix :)
    Andarriel, Elyssanda and Zynt like this.
  2. Filter Augur

Me too, I have seen the same thing.
    Zynt likes this.
  3. Zinth Augur

and you did bugreport it right?
    Zynt likes this.
  4. Zynt Augur

Yeah, it's not fixed. I've 2 disappear since the patch. And yes I /bug it.
    Barraind, Corwyhn Lionheart and Zinth like this.
  5. Febb Augur

Bug thread is here. Like the first post and then reply with what server, character, time zone you are in, and log entries of when you got the quests and then when you finish them where it shows quests are missing.

Yes, this is still happening to me as well.
    cadres and Zinth like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, the good news..... tonight saw a 6/5 quests, so the disappearing quests are still returning eventually.
  7. alicard Elder

Aren't the missing quests just the quests that failed? I never have any failed quests when I login and look at my overseer. When I only have three completed quest out of the five I started, I think those two must have failed.

I guess an easy way to check is to look at your overseer stats and see if your failed quest number goes up by the same number of quest that disappeared upon completion.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, quests never fail (well, as long as you maintain ~67-68% success chance). Haven't seen one fail since last June, and those were due to the "finish early" bug. The last actual failure I've had was from last April.

And, yes, I checked the counters.

The "extra" quests you see, like I described, are the ones which disappeared. This has been going on since Overseer started.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

weird that quests never fail. wonder why
    I mean, whats that 80% chance of success mean if there is no chance to fail?
  10. Febb Augur

I've had a few fail but it shows that they fail and don't disappear.
  11. alicard Elder

I have them fail as well, but I am online when they finished. That is why I thought the disappeared ones were failed ones when I wasn't online.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No idea. Clearly, everything over ~68% succeeds, so that number doesn't mean what they imply it means.

Also, crits. I see more crits from quests with base success chances in the 75-80% range than I do from ones in the 90+% range.

I saw three quests fail in the first month, when my agents were few and category levels were also low.

Then, two failures from early completions of recovery quests which had base success chances in the 80% range. Forum queries at the time confirmed that early completions of recovery quests were basically all failing, so don't bother. Since then (June?), not a single failure.

On the other 5 accounts, two failures on one (again, very early on), and the other four have never had one fail. So we're talking about 5 failures total (not counting the two early finish ones) out of about 8000 quests.
  13. Zynt Augur

They absolutely fail. Especially if you pay DBC to complete them early. I had a 94% fail the last time I bothered to pay for a early completion which was last week.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This has been my experience. ONLY if you pay.

Under what circumstances are you seeing failures?
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just for the heck of it, I went in and totaled up my Overseer results:

Results are total quests completed, crit success, success, fail, crit fail, abandoned.

Accts 1 & 2 are subbed the whole run, Acct 3 is Silver and unsubbed the whole run, and 4-6 are F2P and unsubbed the whole run.

1: 2847, 618, 2229, 5, 0, 0
    2: 2763, 677, 2086, 3, 2, 0
    3: 2120, 530, 1590, 2, 2, 0
    4: 601, 191, 410, 0, 0, 0
    5: 593, 198, 395, 0, 0, 0
    6: 586, 191, 395, 0, 0, 0

I didn't run Overseer much at all on the last three accounts until late summer/early fall, by which time I had stopped seeing any failures on the first three accounts. I did try to search my logs to see what the dates were for the failures, but can't narrow it down, since I don't know what text to search for to find Overseer failures. The obvious strings didn't help :) If anyone knows what strings to search for, I'll nail down the dates.

Long story short, I've not seen a single failure in over 6 months, across 6 accounts, and several of the failures I did have were due to the "early completion of recovery tasks" bug
  16. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I've seen one failure in the last couple months, on a purple mission.

I still regularly lose overseer quests on both live and test, though live is worse. The odds of logging in to 4/5 showing isnt too much off from seeing 5/5 the last week. It actually got worse on live than it was pre-patch, but we knew it wasnt going to be fixed because the FIRST sets of overseer missions done after the test patch had overseer quests missing on several people (including 2 of my accounts). .
  17. Zamiam Augur

well , I have not had any quests disappear since patch , however I've had more failures in the last few weeks than i have had all year .. also twice now ive logged in with 6 quests to claim instead of my usual 5 so ive picked up a few quests somewhere .. maybe from past ones that went poof ..
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

All my accounts keep missing quest its pretty annoying anywhere from 2-5 be nice if they would fix it but they prob dont even know whats causing it.

Andarriel
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

As long as they keep returning eventually (which I think they do), I really don't care that much. I'd rather see them spend the time working on other things.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I don't know that it is the problem for everyone, but at least one issue is that if you zone immediately after starting a quest, it may not save and then disappear.

I've had this happen several times. I now wait at least a minute or two before zoning after doing anything in Overseer and this appears to help.