Holly Longdale / Blizzard

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Jontrann Augur

Here's the thing tho, you don't need these megaservers for EQ. The population you see on Aradune was never even a thing back in the day, i can't recall any servers fielding 5k+ populations even back during it's glory days.

Why i haven't made another post until now is because i just realized that eq players don't want what i want and the dev's don't cater to people like me they cater to this zoomer crowd that only plays for the fresh launch experiences.

Let's be honest this game is a husk of what it used to be.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

2021 will actually be the first year any "Progression server" has ever reached live status with an intact raiding guild.

Selo - will get to live status with 1 just about managing raiding guild intact 1st
    Phinigel - will get to live status with 3 just about managing raiding guilds intact 2nd
    Miragul - has only ever had 1 active Raiding guild but they look to be on schedule to hit live intact 3rd

So, seeing as how the TLP servers that will actually make it to live so far are doing so with only 1-3 guilds with borderline numbers of players in each even if, at least in Phinigel's case, they started off with fairly Robust populations I'd say that the general appetite for working through all 27 (and counting) expansions on a TLP is pretty low.
    The attrition over the lifespan of these servers is pretty heavy, less than 15% of the players that started on Selo or Phinigel remain.
    Miragul started off with way lower active raiders but has had a much smaller window in which attrition could take place since they started at level 85 with a guild that moved from Phinigel during VoA to pick up more players, that ended up working out okay for them.

The Zoomer crowd as you put it is a mash of players who like different eras of EQ, the majority enjoy the very beginning of EQ, and it goes downhill from there onwards, the population that wants to go all the way from classic to live is small on any one TLP.

So while in Classic there are almost too many players for a TLP server to handle by the time you reach Seeds of Destruction the population is probably going to be under 50% of what it started out with and by Rain of Fear it is less that 25% of what the server started with, but with the Feeder server idea instead of tying up 1 server with a low population you're going to be tying up multiple servers and eventually all of them will be saddled with low populations & bad economies.
  3. Machen New Member

Combine reached live status. They were the first, and only to this point, and most definitely had an intact raiding guild. They were merged after reaching SoF, while SoF was still the current live expansion.

Has Selos or Miragul completed all content in era? I don't know, haven't followed them, just curious. I know Phinigel is very close to completing TBL.
    Barton and Skuz like this.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Selo has, minus Mearatas. Phinny I think will finish under the same terms.
    Machen likes this.