Rangers and wisdom/mana/FT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Malkavius, Feb 17, 2021.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No you don't have to worship Karana to use the arrows.

Your ATK should be 1200 and something with full buffs+250 worn for get the exact number, but if you're only 919 with 70worn ATK ur missing some buffs
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Cold arrows for all the blobs.
    Zinth likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

My experience pretty closely mirrors Ronluwens. even once i got close to atk capped in era, firestrike was damn near always a dps increase. the only thing im hazy on was whether i cast it during a trueshot burn. memory says I did not. pretty much any other time if it landed, i was casting it.

I consistently got avatar and fero as well as bard groups at the time as well.

not sure if something changed between Phinny and Mangler, but what Ronluwen says reflects my experience on Mangler. I know they shuffled AA around at some point, did Hybrids have fury of magic and destructive fury at the time on phinny? cause those are rather substantial for nuke damage, and they were available during luclin on Mangler.
  4. Mithra Augur

Phinigel POP era Ranger

General Reparm in 173s, 988k @5714sdps | #1 Ranger 110k@638sdps (661dps in 167s) [11.17%]

Warlord Gintolaken in 100s, 1200k @12003 | #3 Ranger 68k@679 (700 in 97s) [5.66%]

Bertoxxulous in 131s, 2014k @15377 | #1 Ranger 94k@718 (740 in 127s) [4.67%] | #2 Ranger 87k@663 (684 in 127s) [4.31%] | #3 Ranger 87k@663 (695 in 125s) [4.31%]
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

There was 2 changes that matter
    1. Discs no longer benefit from AAs increasing duration. Trueshot now lasts 2 mins instead of 3.
    2. Strength of Tunare was nerfed, but that's a PoP buff.

And yes Hybrids had the Spell Crit AAs during Luclin.

But then again you were part of the guild that believed a 37/35 is somehow better then a 41/35 with a 3%Archery mod. So i could see how that would mislead you guys into thinking Firestrike = good.
  6. Ronluwen Elder

What is this supposed to prove?
  7. Ronluwen Elder

Nice job "best geared ranger" on a TLP from 6 years ago. You know all about playing a ranger and you magically do 600 dps with just your bow. Please, continue to give out your all knowing wisdom to rangers on todays TLP so they can continue to be mediocre.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Since the mod got brought up, might be a good thread to share. I've been parsing that 4% archery face item from hollow shade, and only seeing around a 1% accuracy increase with it, which ends up as around a 3ish% DPS increase.
  9. taliefer Augur

what are you even talking about with this?
  10. Fluid Augur

Not exactly, close to what I have been saying: Two times nothing is still nothing. Couple of nights ago my guild raided when I was on.<Been slacking off with RL> Top parse was a monk at ~550 DPS. A Rogue made it into the top three, I don't know what kind of crazy equipment he had. So basically no matter how good you get a Ranger, it takes about three rangers to equal a well equipped monk. This output is still less then half of what a Rogue put out. Adding say 30% output to a character that is at 30% of a monk's output in a raid is not exactly a game changer.

As I pointed out, solo helps very much so. Literally you will level close to 30% faster which is killer. I've had people in groups that melee their Clerics or WIzards, probably hundreds. I think I could count the people on one hand that actually thought it was a good idea for group damage output.

BTW: I am working finally working on my Rizlona Ranger. Only level 39 and first thing I did was make a quick trip to the Bazaar to get some Focus items. I only two box there and in that I may team a Cleric with the Ranger, the extra output is welcome and important. Prices of items are still wonkers; I think I saw a Thunderhoof quiver for 15k pp and a Fleeting quiver was even higher then that. Ditto for good bows, better than Shissar anyway. This tells you exactly what the server thinks is important, [good bow, haste]. My character is still swinging a Runed Oak Bow and I will upgrade soon. If I am in a hurry experience wise, I cast and melee since I have good 1hs & 2hs weapons. Character can just match the output of a spell level 46 twinked earth pet which is good enough for level in a two box. If I was 6 boxing or on a Raid, not so much.
  11. Zinth Augur

if a char does 30% of another char and you make him do 30% more (lets just call it 33% more for ease) means he is now doing 40%.... if all the chars in the raid does that much extra damage it adds... so "not a game changer"? lets just say this char doing 100% is the top dps... if everyone raises their dps with 10 percent points... with 30 dps... that is 300 percent point more overall or equal to have 3 more of those "100% dudes" in raid...
  12. Ronluwen Elder

Some people don't like to min/max and it's fine to play that way. As a EQ player, if I can do something that increased my dps by 5 or 6 I would do it. If I can do something that increases my dps by 20 to 30 I am for sure going to do it.

This expansion Rangers should be passing up monks/rogues on a decent amount of fights, and likely beating them on combined parses. That might change as they get better weapons, but this has been my experience so far. Wizards I can only beat on very specific fights like emp, seru, and blob 1, and I have to have trueshot up.

Also, no monk is parsing 550 dps on a raid target right now.
  13. Fluid Augur

Did you need a guild name so you can check it out? 2nd was Wizard and at number three, I think the Rogue was parsing ~480. Just the facts that were posted to Guild Chat when someone asked for a raid parse. I didn't take a screen shot or save the log, but I can get the name of the monk if you wish. I would send it by private email as I don't know if they want their name known and have to field questions about how to do it right.

BTW: It is a very good guild in spite of my presence. There is no doubt there are at least 20+ of the top people in the guild who's knowledge of the game and play far exceeds my own. I've been doing the grandfather thing and it cuts down on my game time.
  14. Ronluwen Elder

I'm sure it's a very good guild. However if monks are parsing 550 dps in era on Luclin, it's either a fluke fight, like 15 second blow it up and the monk got a couple lucky rounds, or it's a mistake. No monk can parse 550 dps on any significant fight at this time on Aradune/Rizlona.
  15. Anduven Journeyman

Your parser is broken dude. There is no one of any class in any guild on Aradune doing anywhere close to 600 DPS in luclin. In fact, people on Agnarr who are BiS gear and max AA at lvl 65 are barely hitting 600dps with discs. So I'm gonna go ahead and not trust anything you say.

If you don't believe me, go look at the heaps of data on this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/megathread-top-dps-per-eq-expansion.253798/
  16. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Wow guys. Just wow.

Just to be clear, you guys are fighting over "20-30 dps" swing in casting vs not casting.... in a thread about Ranger Mana..... And is it worth, on a new char, to dump points into mana.... so that the newb lvl 1 ranger can have a mana pool of 41 vs 49 mana.... I mean that's what we're dealing with?

I have never, in all my servers, on all my Rangers, in all the areas from Live, to 51/50, to TLP #1, #2, #3, #4 servers, have I EVER EVER EVER wished my ranger from level 1 to level 50, had more mana instead of more strength/stamina.
  17. Ronluwen Elder

You're complaining about people responding without reading the original post, while you respond without actually reading the original post. Nicely done.
    Boze and Bobbybick like this.
  18. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

OP: "Would you dump 20 wisdom at creation and try to get gear that has wisdom? Or get say earring of solstice or something with more ac/melee stats?"

Would I Dump 20 Wisdom at Creation? If by Remove it and put it elsewhere, yes.

Get earring of soltice? No, get Melee/AC stats.

So as you see, the orignal post was about "Do I put points in wisdom or not" and my answer was

"I've never wanted more mana from 1-50, than I have wanted more Str/Sta etc."

So how exactly did I not read the original post?
  19. Ronluwen Elder

The OP specifically asked about end game grouping/raiding. The discussion then focused on whether or not you'll ever use your full mana bar raiding. Some said no. I replied the good rangers will use their full mana bar.

I'd say putting points into wisdom at character creation isn't a bad idea. My dex is max with buffs easily, but my wisdom is not. And I focus on quite a bit of caster oriented gear. A ranger with 1000 less mana than me isn't going to beat me on any fight with significant length.

For leveling pre 60 specifically, it may be better to have strength/stamina. However with the PL, buffs, and gear available atm getting 60 is not like it is at launch. And also, that wasn't really the OP's question.
  20. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

"I'd say putting points into wisdom at character creation isn't a bad idea." -- Awesome. Put them all into wisdom. Heck, put them into Charisma while we're at it.... or Int.

"My dex is max with buffs easily, but my wisdom is not." --

Here's the nice Zone wide Debuff in Uqua

[5051] Aura of Destruction
    Target: Single
    Range: 12000'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3m+ (30 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Spell Damage by 0% to 20% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    2: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    4: Decrease INT by 100
    5: Decrease WIS by 100
    6: Decrease Base Stats by 250 <~~~~~~~~~~~~~ At level 65. In Gates of Discord...
    7: Decrease Movement Speed by 1%
    9: Decrease ATK by 300
    10: Increase Poison Counter by 297
    Text: Your body is surrounded by a darkened aura.

There are quite a few events between 65 and 70 that having low Base STR will result in you being encumbered while the Rangers who dumped into STR at creation, run around without issue.

But you'll have mana while they have mobility...

"For leveling pre 60 specifically, it may be better to have strength/stamina." -- It is better.

"And also, that wasn't really the OP's question." --- "Would you dump 20 wisdom at creation and try to get gear that has wisdom?"