AFK Checks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jack of all trades, Feb 16, 2021.

1. AoEBox Elder

What is this cheating software you speak on ? Would you mean macaroni that has been said to be okay for use on Rizlona per the CS rep and Dev prior to the server being release ?

I would like to know how they do associated suspensions since The Deep experiences these suspensions almost daily and groups have 0 associated emails to each other or billing information. I am talking Aradune not Rizlona that has 0 AoE groups.

PS : How is that LoL season going are you Diamond yet or still trolling EQ forums looking for attention ?
  2. murray321 New Member

They do consider "Unattended Gameplay" as cheating. You don't know what you're talking about.
  3. AoEBox Elder

They should expand on what they consider unattended gameplay since there are plenty of acceptable unattended gameplay situations.
    IE : bard auto skilling , mage afk kill , long duration raid fights , long duration respawn camps, auto skilling on pets , sitting @ AoC waiting for raid ( since you know Luclin AoCs are in such a safe spot )

Most of which have been going on for years without issues.
  4. Karliv Journeyman

FWIW I've seen multiple places/statements of mage afk killing not being 'ok' as far as GMs are concerned. Has it been going on a long time without much interference? Sure.
  5. AoEBox Elder

1) I didn't realize any of that program was "Legal" for EQ.
    2) You are 100% incorrect about "Unattended Gameplay" and you can ask most Aradune people who have been suspended , they label it as "Cheating" which unattended gameplay is listed under.

Yeah I remember seeing that as well which is why I said "Most of which have been going on for years without issue".
    I don't agree with an AFK mage letting a respawn hit them for pet to auto kill but I 100% agree with a mage AFKing for 30minute in between spawns, which is what I was referring too.
  6. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

I wasn't running anything besides EQ and my audio mixer software on my computer and was actively playing and got suspended for 7 days for "unattended gameplay" which is considered cheating by GMs.

What murray321 said is accurate and I got the same exact email and biolerplate petition response.

You can and probably will choose to continue believing what you believe now - it's unlikely myself or murray321 will change your mind and that's ok.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Cool story bro. I totally believe you.
  8. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

Glad to hear it friend ;).
  9. Machen New Member

Eh, they have suspended/banned for this for a long time now. AFK merc killing could be a suspension as far back as 2012, although they would often just log you out too.
  10. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

That's part of what I really don't understand about this. Why is the immediate response to 'they're possibly not at the computer' a 7 day suspension?!?!?!

If everybody that got kicked and given 7 days was actually guilty of doing something nefarious / actually cheating then sure - I get it - but that isn't the case.

I'm fairly confident that even if I were to share video in the petition of me actually playing the game at the moment the suspension came in - it wouldn't matter. It's not even the spirit of the rules that are being enforced here.
  11. Machen New Member

So I think a lot of people are conflating two different things. The AFK checks are not the same as they ban wave that has apparently been going out for "cheating". Some of you that think you were banned for missing an afk check, but didn't have a GM contact you at all, probably you just got hit with the "cheating" wave and it happened to hit while you were playing.

This thread is about the GM showing up, using /say to require you to respond, and suspending you if you take an action or fail to respond within 30 seconds. This is not a new thing that only started happening within the last week. I'd suggest people make a new thread if you want to discuss this new wave of suspensions for "cheating."
  12. Salben Journeyman

I like how the unattended game play email says to park in a safe corner of the zone...I know someone who did just that and the GM spawned a mob on him and his mage pet attacked (velious era, no pet hold) and then suspended him lol
  13. Lejaun Augur

14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh yeah 100% legit hearsay that is......./yawn.
  15. yerm Augur

You seem very confident in the GMs abilities for someone who was repeatedly arguing that they weren't doing a good job until recently.

You will say or meme ANYTHING as long as it's the big mean evil game ruining box armies that get hit.
  16. Lejaun Augur

7,908 days or so without getting banned or suspended for automatic, afk or cheating gameplay. (And able to do that even when boxing).
  17. Lejaun Augur

Keep believing GMs are just spawning things on top of people, though, at zonelines/safespots. LOL.
  18. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

It's likely that there is more than one thing going on here and I think you may be right that some people are conflating these things together. GMs issuing suspensions to people they think may be AFK is not mutually exclusive with suspensions going out for other reasons.

This is a big part of the problem with how DBG is doing things. Too much falls under the category of "cheating".

Being AFK when a GM checks if you're at the computer should not, in my honest opinion, fall under "cheating" in most situations. Maybe if a mage is AFK camping a mob with their pet or a bard is AOE killing with songs while afk .... maybe.

I run the same software on my box computer as I run on my primary - Gamparse and Gina - neither of which, as near I understand it, are against the rules as they simply read the log file as it's written and do not interact with or modify the game.

One of my two characters was kicked offline for "cheating" and upon asking for the reason "unattended gameplay" [i.e. being AFK] was the reason given. No - I'm not using an autoclicker or any means to keep myself from being AFK Kicked by the game automatically. I was actively at the computer playing when the suspension on one of the two accounts I was playing came in.

I did not see any messages in /say from a GM but that doesn't mean that there wasn't one and I didn't miss it.
  19. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

Do GMs even have the power to spawn mobs outside of their regular spawn points? Maybe they do and maybe they don't but I wouldn't believe this without seeing evidence of it myself.

I mean - if the GM really wanted you gone - they don't have to summon a mob to make it happen.
  20. xaga Elder

i think AFK checks should become a captcha that does not work on the first time ever and if you fail you get 7.