FV down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Tutankamen Augur

FV just went down can't log in, all accounts frozen.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Server status page says FV is UP. Trying to log into game server select page says its up. Juat hangs at this portion of the log in.

Windows Task Manager says the Everquest application is nor responding.
  3. Moege Augur

Cannot log in my character either.

People ingame says they can still get kill credits, very laggy, fellowship tokens do not work.
    Seems to be a slow crash or lag !
  4. zevel New Member

Best to logout before your hit by a rollback like yesterday.
  5. Moege Augur

/sigh Did not even know there was one, now in the back of my mind, is the progress I made yesterday still intact....
  6. zevel New Member

roll back was only like 15 minutes, everyone I know crashed out, so if you didn't crash out your probably ok.
  7. fwilip New Member

hmmm ... can't log back into FV but it's not showing the server down. Also says I have a character in game, but that was like half an hour ago, doesn't return either from doiing the "yes" to log out the character. Other servers seem ok on the same account.
  8. Zynt Augur

I just get a black screen after hitting FV on server select. Have to manually restart my PC because the stupid window for EQ will not even allow me to end the task in task manager. This is like the 3rd time FV has gone down randomly since the last patch. Oh, also, I'm still losing OS quests....

To add - The 1st thing that happened was when my anchor to GH didn't work. Then when I hit Throne of Heroes the game froze and then I got the disconnected message about 5 minutes later. My alt in the GH was still in game.
  9. Gokusan Journeyman

Still can’t log into the game it freezes at server select screen I tried it at 5am est.
  10. Conelder New Member

Sigh, went to zone out of GH. Got disconnected. Tried to login to FV for 10 minutes with nojoy. Decided to try Aradune and logged right in. RIP FV.
  11. Utdar (Bert) New Member

Takes about 30 minutes to get from the Server Select screen to the Character Select screen when choosing FV server. When you select a character, at the Character Select screen, about 3 minutes goes by and you get the server not responding message.
    Can log into other servers just fine. Only issue I have is with FV. Been this way since I started trying to log in about 3 hours ago.
  12. kookoo Augur

selecting FV server and it just freeze

getting another server ( rathe ), i can log in NP
  13. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

Still frozen at server select. Detects character in game. Attempts to boot him out and just hangs there.
  14. Amio Journeyman

15. dreamweaver Community Manager

I was, this was definitely a weird situation, the server never actually went down and a fairly sizeable amount of the population was still able to log in and play. Whatever happened seems to have been to specific accounts. So if you could either send me a message on discord with what you specifically experienced or a message on the forums I am trying to compile info for the ops and engineering teams.
    Zynt likes this.
  16. Zynt Augur

Done
    dreamweaver likes this.