Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RiplyAnklebiter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Goats are on a 4 hour spawn timer in the Qvic AoC, they are rarely ever up at the beginning
  2. FranktheBank Augur

I mean, they are never up at the start. I think its 2-8hr? maybe 4-8hr? for the window.
  3. Nicolos Journeyman

Take the extra time and make it good this time. Please listen to feedback and don’t just regurgitate the same thing. I’m going to throw a couple copper in. Classic is too long. It burns people out. Make it either shorter or release the EQ trilogy at once. I really want to see the Antonica zones back to their original states. Freeport, LS, Highpass, etc. I know it’s extra work but it is something many people really do miss.
  4. Kodachi Augur

Goats are on some very odd timer... have had 2 of them pop within the first 2 hours and have had dzs where they didn't pop at all.
  5. TheTone Elder

Well, based on yesterdays Epic QoL changes, you can pretty much deduce that there's going to be more TLPs starting in the Classic / Kunark era.

The question is...when are you announcing the launch date, Dreamcrusher?!
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

When will then be now? Soon Not Soon
  7. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Yes.
    ^^^^ That's my recollection from LIVE as well.

I would Advise against this since you will likely be suffering from a weapon shortage (There always is) and even a NBoB from AMV in COA is 37+1 // 24 and the best 1h weap avail even through Deathknell is the Twinfang from Mayong in Demi at 37+1 // 22..... And for HP, we're talking 280/item in Tacvi vs 350/item in Deathknell and you can knock out Tacvi and COA in the time it takes to do DK.... I mean yeah, the Circle clicks are great, but I wouldn't drop COA. Tacvi sure.

Bingo, once TSS comes out, everyone focuses on FC and Ashengate for gear and then we ran offnight COA / Tacvi raids to gear up the alts / boxes / new players etc because we could steamroll them and get new players into 300hp gear to survive TSS and they could replace their gear with 400-450hp gear as the expansion matured.

We cleared it to unlock the next expansion, we literally raided it maybe ONE time after TSS.... 3 months was even too much.
  8. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I would say the idea of a new TLP with a new release schedule would be fun.

I liked something someone above me said. Level releases.

First 4 Months --- Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin. (60 Cap) all at once.
    Next 4 Months --- PoP, Gates (65)
    Next 4 Months --- Omens, DoDH, DoN, PoR (70)
    Next 4 Months --- TSS, TBS (75)
    Next 4 Months --- SoF, SoD (80-85)
    Next 4 Months --- UF, HoT (85-90)
    <<< To be fair I've never raided beyond this, so I may be underestimating or over-combining the expacs after this point.>>>
    Next 4 Months --- VoF, RoF, CoF (95-100)
    Next 4 Months --- TDS, TBM, EoK (105)
    Next 4 Months --- RoS, TBL (110)

And to be clear they should unlock 4 months after ONE of the expansions listed is defeated completely.

If you beat quarm, unlocks 4 month timer to Omens.
    or
    If you beat Tunat instead, it also unlocks the 4 month timer to Omens.
  9. Triconix Augur

Yes, I agree it I don't recommend not doing COA, but there are definitely more options than notched blade that I remember. The Runic Bloodstained Maul from Zi-Thuuli is for sure better at 38/24 I believe it is? I recall Sullon Zek dropping a wep with literally the same graphic and ratio but with better stats than RBM. Twingfang is better. Swiftcleave is better. Shademaul is about on par from Porthio. You'll still be doing Vish for dragonkiller.There are definitely a few options available, but again, no point of limiting yourself when COA becomes a loot pinata.

Also, DK gear hme range is mostly closer to 370-420 range so the jump from Tacvi (270-290) is something like a 25% boost. That's pretty significant imo.
  10. Jimmy2times Elder

Bump, need news! Nhhhheeewwwwhhhs!
  11. Vicus Augur

A few days ago they said they were a long ways off from talking about new TLP's. (on this thread). Aradune and Rizlona are still super popular and mangler is still going strong. But Selo, Miragul, Agnarr are ghost towns unless you are in the 1-2 guilds on the server. It's about time they stop adding new servers and focus on what is next with EQ.

Going to be 4+ years before Aradune and Rizlona catch up with live already, how about using that time to put some NEW work into a EQ remaster or an EQ3 because last time I checked every year like clockwork there is a new round of firings or "downsizing" of staff members. You can only live off the name for so long. As much as people call Pantheon "ghost-ware" it is trucking along quite nicely and it will take a chunk of long-term EQ players with them when it does launch if EQ doesn't have a counter-punch.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

I am perfectly fine with EQ team dismissing pantheon as competition.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Me too, and I plan to play it.

EverQuest players are pretty settled here, generally speaking I think anyone who was going to leave already did, and some came back anyway.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  14. yerm Augur

I might decide to check out pantheon and skip the 37th or so tlp launch.
  15. Moforyguy Elder

Pantheon isn't coming out til 2023 most likely. We got at least 2 more tlp's to go lol
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

FTFY
    Zanarnar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Munchies New Member

Everquest 3 is currently being worked on. Or so I heard...
  18. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that the NBoB is the #2 weapon compared to Twinfang. But I'm saying that when the Best 1hs from COA is 37+1/24 (310hp) and the best weapon in the ENTIRE lvl 70 era is 37+1/22 (350hp) then you're not talking a massive need to replace everything from COA with Demi/DK/PoR areas.

The point is that if you're gearing an ENTIRE guild 70-100 players, you are going to want COA in rotation with Demi/PoR because there will be some weeks you get NO weapons to drop out of Demi or out of DK .... And it's tough when you have 30+ melee in need of a second weap. to go with their epic 2.0/2.5s
  19. Zanarnar Augur

On January 13, 2014, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen was announced... ???? (7 years and counting since its announcement...)

Duke Nukem Forever was originally announced in 1997... Finally released on June 14, 2011 (14 years between announced -> released)
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Duke Nukem Forever was a disaster because of how long it took to develop and changing vision/technology. As for Pantheon, I hope it is going to be decent but at this point, with Brad gone, I have doubts.