Server Transfers and Stored items/housing/parcels

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Feb 22, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

So, if I have items in my parcels, housing, guild's housing, other players' housing... how is this all effected in server transfers after a TLP hits live?

Obviously I don't want to lose all these items, but do I need to collect them all up or what? I'd rather be safe than sorry to be sure.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

And good luck to everyone on Phinny and Selo finding open housing and guild hall spots on your eventual servers.
    Machen likes this.
  3. Raytan Augur

Sorry, probably not a useful reply, but I've never done a transfer. On mergers, my neighborhood houses and everything turned out fine (the name of the neighborhood my house was in changed), though I've read some people had issues.

From posts I've read, if you're doing a transfer, I'd probably collect everything in housing, including the house, everything in shared bank you want to go with you, and leave nothing in parcels. Have everything on the character you want to transfer. Items can't be sent from one character to another cross server, so I would assume have everything on the character you want to go with it.

Someone who has done this may have better advice

Edit: I have done copies to Test, and assume a transfer may be similar. Nothing in housing, neighborhoods, or shared bank was copied to test. May want to copy to test and see what you get as a guide.

Edit 2: Sorry, thought you were transferring, and missed the part about a tlp merge with live. I was recently merged, if that's how it's going to be handled, from Fippy to Vox. Several other mergers before that. The latest went fine, though the neighborhood nameds were changed. I don't normally leave things in parcel, so don't know about that one, but other than that, kept all my things in various houses, guild halls, shared bank, etc.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

After buying almost every prime slot on Selo on housing launch, then having absolutely nobody else on the server care about anything other than guild housing... the thrill is gone. lol