If you started a new Enchanter??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Feb 17, 2021.

1. hein Augur

Greetings,

After two days of trying to get back into the game playing my oldest characters, I thought maybe I just needed a fresh start. I have created a new Enchanter (Fironia Vei Server) and I'm trying to farm some fun items for her (just for nostalgia and cool factor - Staff of the Swiftness as an example - let me know if you have one to unload for cheap) and I'm also trying to decide the path to take her on.

If you started a new Enchanter today:

What would you focus on?
    What items would you try and farm?
    What leveling path would you take?
    How difficult is the 1.5 epic? ( I love the graphic, this is a must get for me)

Thanks for your feedback!
  2. Arborer Lorekeeper

I've started new toons from scratch many times just for fun and nostalgia. As I'm sure have many others.

I always like to level up in the original zones, even though they'll be quite empty on FV. I figure with the better gear available today, and with buffs from my 115 toons, the newbie character will burn thru those old zones but it's still nostalgic.

The enchanter epics aren't easy compared to some, but like I said with the help of higher toons, they're very doable, except for some of the rare mobs you have to find up.

Pharming items... this depends on your goal. If your goal is to get to 115 quickly then spending time pharming items that will be replaced soon is counter-productive. But there were some items I wanted for my enchanter. Like Memory from SSRA and Unearthed Belt from The Underquarry. Doing the raid to get Twincast Rank III is fun too.

I'd focus on FUN myself. What's your enchanter's name?
  3. Numiko Augur

if you just want the graphic of the 1.5 there is a quest you can do in game that will give you an item that will make your weapon look like it so you are not encumbered having to use a outdated item in your primary slot.

I think its called an epic request or some such?
  4. Jokskilove Palzerker

I think you need to have done the Epic quests to get the Epic augs.
    Epic 1.0 with clicky haste and that moving shissar head is mega awesome!
    minimind likes this.
  5. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

This is correct, you have to do the epic to get the Weapon Ornament.
  6. Thraine Augur

unless you have a bunch of friends on FV, i would think about starting the toon on a regular server. its good to have the option to move your character from server to server .. with FV you dont have that. your there forever weather you like it or not.

As far as the Chanter, most of the cool stuff they can do is AA or spell related, chanters are a very fun class to play and are valuable to a group earlier than other classes (example: tanks need gear etc)

Yeah just have fun
  7. hein Augur

Thanks I thought about that, but I want to be able to use some of my higher level Characters when it comes time to do the epic 1.5 and what not.
  8. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

-Roll a race you would enjoy or need (gnome tinkerer for example)
    -Clickies but I've gotten lots of these just farm grinding or farming tradeskill items in various zones
    -PaytoWin85 then powerlevel with my toons tbh
    -Difficulty is nil these days but the time sink is real. Having multiple tracking toons in multiple zones you could log in now and then to check on rare epic mobs would help.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im on FV too i made a new enc got her heroic and grouped with my ranger. Enchanters are pretty cool this was back when i was doing gmm and there were spots were i was getting 5+ easy and that was with harmonous arrow. Ill have to bring my enc back out oneday shes 111 on one account got love project illusion aa make all my chars deathfist orcs lol. Yea and epics should be easier used to be bottlenecks thinks its better now although the only epics ive done were on my wizard and for my bard and the flowing musical notes looks so cool.

Andarriel
  10. hein Augur

T
    Thanks for the feedback. My enchanters name is Shakmah - still a lowbie on FV
  11. Cailen Augur

If I started a new enchanter? I'd delete it and roll an SK
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

SK are the Dev's trophy class. They have been the most powerful group tanks in the game since Epic 2.0, and continue to retain the ability to brute force their way content that makes most other tanks mince meat.

Watched a group-geared SK with a full group swarm 15 mobs at a time in CoV Temple of Veeshan, over and over again without a need to stop for a break in 30 minutes. Best XP group I've ever had. Lol.
  13. Zamiam Augur

ya , id like to see that .. im sure the SK had a few if not most raid gear on !! even in T3 CoV group gear and close to max AA with full augs i doubt even an SK could swarm 15 mobs in Current content . without having a gear advantage..
    logs or it didnt happen ..
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You can believe it or not. Just throwing down what's possible. But I owe you nothing.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't doubt your observation but I can't help but add my own experience. My main is a group-geared SK. Phinny is in TBL so that's my current frame of reference. I have full T2 visible armor and full GMM non-visible. I won't say I'm BIC all the way around but I have pretty good gear for a non-raider. I have every AA available. In Empyr (T2 zone), I can barely tank two yellows at once. I use a healer merc and sometimes I even die to a single trash mob on a bad spike. That's with 2 hander and 2H Proficiency running. I do better with sword and board, obviously.
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Swarm group is going to have a good healer (non-merc). Really makes an enormous difference in swarm groups, especially if you are alliancing out of group with druid or shaman.

You might check to make sure you are using all your tricks available. I play a pally and I know that in ToV, a ton of our heals turned to heal target of target which makes soloing so much easier. So if you said you were a pally in TBL, I'd believe it. I'm not as familiar with SKs so it's possible you might be missing something. Never hurts to double check, even for raid folks now and then.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There's your issue.

That group had a shaman and cleric. Auras, double priest synergy, alliance, mitigation buffs, reactive heals, double HoT.

Amazing how merc users just assume everyone else uses mercs. Mercs are borderline USELESS. And I, for one, hope they always stay that way.

Sorry to hijack the thread with Merc and SK drivel. :(
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

There was a ring that insta-casted invis to animal. That click would immediately break charm and not cause the universal spell cool down so you could immediately cast your next spell. I don't know if you can still get one, but it was an extremely powerful tool when reverse charming until we got AA invis.
  19. Gnomereaper Augur

Gnome for tinkering, Agnostic for faction.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Hardly. I max my group gear every expansion. With a merc cleric. The mercs are nothing compared to a real player but to say they are worthless is hyperbolic.